Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kffl draft news

Kffl draft news

Vikings | Considering Justin Blackmon

Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:36:22 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings are considering Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon with the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Vikings | Will not take Matt Kalil in draft

Sat, 14 Apr 2012 06:36:34 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings will reportedly not select Southern California OT Matt Kalil in the NFL Draft.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: KFFL - Minnesota Vikings News and Notes

Probably smoke and mirrors but Kffl is a reliable source but I would have mixed feelings if the Vikings draft Justin Blackmon, I rather see the Vikings draft Ryan Broyles in the 2nd round instead but I am biased though since I am a Sooners fan but Justin is a great wide receiver but offensive tackle and cornberback is a bigger need than wide receiver...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MorrisCaliborne; 04-16-2012 at 03:14 AM.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Blackmon is far and away the best receiver in this class. He looks like he will be a stud #1 receiver in the NFL, and I would love to see him in purple. But, Kalil is widely viewed as the best non-QB player in this draft. The best. It is a position of huge need for us. Drafting him also frees up CJ to move inside where most think he is better suited to play. That basically fills two holes for us with one pick. And we do not have to worry about LT for a decade. I love Blackmon, but I hope Spielmillen is not foolish enough to pass on Kalil in the 3 spot.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would be OK with either Blackmon or Kalil. If we drafted Blackmon, we would need to trade up to grab Reiff in the late first. If we draft Kalil, there will still most likely be a quality WR available at #35.

Pipe dream: To take Kalil at #3, and somehow Blackmon slipps into the late first where we could trade up for him. Never happen, I know... but a guy can dream... <sigh>
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    KFFL just takes tiny bits of numourus persons from the media and newspapers and such.

Adam Schefter said he doesnt think we will think Kalil and he is thinking Blackmon will be the pick..

I think thats where this is from.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    At this point I just don't want the clock to run out before we get our pick in

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I just think Its silly to take Blackmon over Khalil. I mean There is plenty of talented WRs in this Draft. I mean Jeffery and some of the others 2nd round WRs are as useful as Blackmon. I dont know 1 OT in the 2nd round that can start at LT.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    No one does not view Kalil as an elite prospects... There are doubters on everyone else but Luck..

I would be crazy not to take him.. If it wasnt for Andrew Luck, id take him first overall..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MorrisCaliborne View Post
    Probably smoke and mirrors but Kffl is a reliable source but I would have mixed feelings if the Vikings draft Justin Blackmon, I rather see the Vikings draft Ryan Broyles in the 2nd round instead but I am biased though since I am a Sooners fan but Justin is a great wide receiver but offensive tackle and cornberback is a bigger need than wide receiver...

Thoughts?
    No way do I REACH for Ryan Broyles at #35. I don't even reach for him at #66. Maybe consider a trade into the late 3rd round for him, but more likely don't even consider until the 4th, and maybe the late 4th at that.

I avoid Blackmon in the 1st mainly because this is a deep draft at WR and the Vikings have so many other holes to fill. Kalil or Claiborne at #3.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    No way do I REACH for Ryan Broyles at #35. I don't even reach for him at #66. Maybe consider a trade into the late 3rd round for him, but more likely don't even consider until the 4th, and maybe the late 4th at that.

I avoid Blackmon in the 1st mainly because this is a deep draft at WR and the Vikings have so many other holes to fill. Kalil or Claiborne at #3.
    Khallil is a no brainer and now that wash. traded the rams for Griff III, we were given a gift....

you don't not accept the gift and ask for something else... you say thank you and move on!

Khalil is more valuable than a WR or a CB that you can find decent talent later on... No way can you find someone the solidify the line or any position for that matter for the next decade that would be of more value and less risk as taking Khalil... so we will take him!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post

Khalil is more valuable than a WR or a CB that you can find decent talent later on...
    Actually, Khalil is both a WR & a CB.

:P

Khalil Jones

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast