Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    My draft picks of choice would be
    1. Riley Reiff/ Martin in the first ( Acquire an extra 2nd)
    2. Dontari Poe - Warpig
    2. Trade back to acquire and extra 3rd (Lavonte David- OLB)
    3. Vontaze Burfict - MLB
    3. George Iloka - FS
    4. Marvin McNutt - WR

    Signings Def - LaRon Landy ( SS), Grimes (CB),
    Signings Off - Meacheam (WR), Steve Smith ( WR) M. Bennett (TE) Owen Smidt (FB)

    I think a team drafted like this will take 2 years to develop in to the NFC North Champs.
    I'm not so sure Poe isn't the first DT off the board. I heard Mayock say that he believed there might be as many as 9 DT's taken in the first round.

    That surely means Poe and Brockers will surely be gone. With most value boards holding Ta'amu as the 9th DT (3rd best 0/1 tech), we might need to move up to get him. Might have to settle for a cat like Jean-Baptiste in the later rounds or go with a traditional 3 tech again like we have in the past (Guion, Ballard, Griffin).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not so sure Poe isn't the first DT off the board. I heard Mayock say that he believed there might be as many as 9 DT's taken in the first round.

    That surely means Poe and Brockers will surely be gone. With most value boards holding Ta'amu as the 9th DT (3rd best 0/1 tech), we might need to move up to get him. Might have to settle for a cat like Jean-Baptiste in the later rounds or go with a traditional 3 tech again like we have in the past (Guion, Ballard, Griffin).
    I love trading back and getting David, I think he is going to be a starter and he has the speed to run with RBs and TEs. I am not sold on Burfict, I wanted him a couple of weeks ago but after the combine he scares me. Alot of people in the know say he takes plays off (where have we heard that before), He is not instinctive and has trouble in space (pass coverage liability), and he has off filed issues. Too many red flags for me.

    Good FA aquisitions, the only FA that I would object to is Leron Landry, while he is a heavy hitter many rules have really nullified that part of his game. He is another one who is a liability in coverage. With GB in our division we would get carved up with Burfict and Landry in the game.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I love trading back and getting David, I think he is going to be a starter and he has the speed to run with RBs and TEs. I am not sold on Burfict, I wanted him a couple of weeks ago but after the combine he scares me. Alot of people in the know say he takes plays off (where have we heard that before), He is not instinctive and has trouble in space (pass coverage liability), and he has off filed issues. Too many red flags for me.

    Good FA aquisitions, the only FA that I would object to is Leron Landry, while he is a heavy hitter many rules have really nullified that part of his game. He is another one who is a liability in coverage. With GB in our division we would get carved up with Burfict and Landry in the game.
    I haven't broke down the LB'rs yet my friend and I agree with you on Landry.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So Poe is flying up the draft charts based on his combine performance. He shows a rare set of physical attributes for a man of his size which makes him hard to ignore. Problem is, his game tape doesn't show that same brilliance, but rather a solid player that belongs more in the second round.

    Clearly a case where the combine will influence people's evaluation of Poe. But is it ill-placed?

    Stephen Hill is another example. I am actually more intrigued by him. His lack of production is easier to explain, however his future production is probably just as hard to judge.

    I like Richardson at #5 and I think Tampa should take him. Elite RB's are a huge luxury to a team and can overcome a lot of deficiencies elsewhere. Besides rookie RB's are cheap for the production you get out of them from day one.

    Blackmon at #11 and Floyd at #13. Looks more reasonable to me. I can see a number of teams targeting Floyd over Blackmon.

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    So Poe is flying up the draft charts based on his combine performance. He shows a rare set of physical attributes for a man of his size which makes him hard to ignore. Problem is, his game tape doesn't show that same brilliance, but rather a solid player that belongs more in the second round.

    Clearly a case where the combine will influence people's evaluation of Poe. But is it ill-placed?

    Stephen Hill is another example. I am actually more intrigued by him. His lack of production is easier to explain, however his future production is probably just as hard to judge.

    I like Richardson at #5 and I think Tampa should take him. Elite RB's are a huge luxury to a team and can overcome a lot of deficiencies elsewhere. Besides rookie RB's are cheap for the production you get out of them from day one.

    Blackmon at #11 and Floyd at #13. Looks more reasonable to me. I can see a number of teams targeting Floyd over Blackmon.
    I think you have to that there are in essence two types of big boards....

    1. Yutz fans like me who live for this stuff and don't have a clue

    2. Actual NFL team big boards who do have a clue

    He is racing up the first because of combine workouts, he is racing up the second, not because of the combine, but because that his skillset matches team needs and most importantly, his skillsets are rare and team needs are great.

    Again, that combination will cause players like him (much the same as we saw with QB last year) to be over valued a bit but I don't think he is being over graded that much, at least based on what I can read and see about him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Draft Tek 7 round mock starts us out with
    1 - Kalil - I like it.
    2 - Stephen Hill WR - I like it.
    3 - Sean Spence OLB - 5'11-224lbs. Not sure I like this pick.
    4 - Marcus Forston DT - Would have went DT with 3 and maybe OLB/MLB here. Big drop off to Forston.
    5 - Ryan Steed CB - Some nice stuff on him in youtube. Looks like a nice C2 guy that can catch.
    6 - Ronnie Hillman RB - Change of pace/3rd down back type.
    7 - Winston Guy SS - Interesting pick. Played Hybrid SS/OLB. Tackling machine.
    7 - G.J. Kline QB - Most boards has this guy going UD.

    NFL Draft Mock 2012 | NFL Draft Mock Draft
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7
    Some if my prospects

    Id go Kalil in the first round and only him right now..

    Later rounds:
    Stephon Gilmore, CB
    Stephen Hill, WR
    Cam Johnson, DE
    Brandon Boykin, CB
    Juron Criner, WR
    Dwight Jones, WR
    Lucas Nix, OG
    AJ Jenkins, WR
    TY Hilton, WR
    Tom Compton, OT
    Daniel Stephenson, OT
    Ryan Miller, OG


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •