Simpsonís speed is making Ponder, Vikings smile

Simpson’s speed is making Ponder, Vikings smile - The Washington Post

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

I was kind of hoping he would be the next (almost) Randy Moss
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Simpsonís speed is making Ponder, Vikings smile

NFL: Simpson

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Lol. Chris Cook got punked on that one. I like how Simpson went up for the ball, but that was one of those types of plays when the QB and WR weren't really on the same page. Either Simpson needs to turn on the burners and get behind the secondary (and Ponder needs to throw sooner), or Ponder needs to put that ball short and on Simpson's outside shoulder.
    You bring up a good point in there my friend.......Three people learned from this......

a. The cat has the athleticism to make great plays when asked. For Ponder, when the time comes (and it will) he has that little play running around in the back of his head now that says I can chuck it up and someone can make a play.

b. The other cat (Cook) has this little play running around in the back of his head so when he is in this position again, he won't relax and just think (hey I have great position on this guy) but will still be aggressive and go get the ball the way he should have done on this one.

Which leads me to the 3rd cat......., (I remember a great play by Sidney when he reached over a Giants head and took a sure fire INT way that resulted in a TD. )

c. Its nice for me as a fan to know that we have another guy on the squad that knows how to make a play even if the ball isn't thrown perfect cause sometimes the situation is going to dictate that we take a chance and hope for a play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    When you are at the bottom of they NFL you shouldn't be thinking about what can hurt you. You should be thinking about what can help you. Again, long term people. The best teams don't pay their players after they have had breakout years. The best teams tie up players prior to bidding wars. Why bring the guy in for 1 year only to have to bid for his services after that. Its a terrible way to build a team. Look at all the Cbs we brought in. We have starters on 1 year contacts on all level of the team. When they excel that means we will have to be bidding to keep or starters not to mention extending players that deserve it. You will run into salary cap hell or continously be losing key starters to FA. Either way, you won't be a good team. Can you name a team that was in the bottom 6 teams in the nfl that has taken a 1 year deal approach to all of their free agents? I'll wait!
    It may not be a terrible strategy, signing a bunch of 1 yrs. If some of these guys do have breakout years, we may have to pay more to retain them than we would if they were signed to multi years, but if someone else decides to out bid us on a few of these guys, we will pick up a few compensatory picks to help in the next draft. Maybe that is Rick's plan all along.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123