Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    I know. If you insist on naming yourself after him you could at least add a 1 to the end or something.
    Or if you don't want numbers just do MorrisClayborne or Claibourne or MorisClaiborne. Lot of possibilities. Lol. Kind of odd to name it after someone that hasn't even been drafted yet.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Him and Claiborne will get lots of playing time with all the 3 and outs..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    He wants someone that can get him more sacks. 3 and outs, will get him all the sack attempts he needs, unless we are down and they start running the ball all over us again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Him and Claiborne will get lots of playing time with all the 3 and outs..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    The same applies to cornerback or literally any other position. This barely even qualifies as an argument. Besides, the general consensus is that this draft is much thinner at O-line than it is at the skill positions anyway.
    So, being an O-lineman doesn't require skill?

I would think all positions, including the o-line & kickers are "skill positions".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Drafting Morris is not going to fix our offense. However, Drafting Khalil, makes our defense better.
    WTF?

Dude, you are way overestimating what that guy is capable of. Seriously.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    WTF?

Dude, you are way overestimating what that guy is capable of. Seriously.
    Not really. Assuming Kalil helps us get an extra 1.5 plays per drive, that gives our defense more time to rest and also helps our offense. Any offensive help makes our defense better. Doesn't work as much the other way.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    This draft is thin at OT and I personally think Kalil is being a little overvalued because of it... and our secondary was ATROCIOUS last year.

I'm probably wrong, but I want Claiborne or Blackmon. I'd still be happy with Kalil though.

To be honest though, the draft is the least of my concerns with the team right now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    This draft is thin at OT and I personally think Kalil is being a little overvalued because of it... and our secondary was ATROCIOUS last year.

I'm probably wrong, but I want Claiborne or Blackmon. I'd still be happy with Kalil though.

To be honest though, the draft is the least of my concerns with the team right now.
    I still lean toward Kalil, but would not complain at all with Blackmon or Claiborne. IMHO it is hard to miss with this pick. I would love to either get Blackmon and Reiff, or Kalil and Alshon Jeffery in the first two rounds.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I still lean toward Kalil, but would not complain at all with Blackmon or Claiborne. IMHO it is hard to miss with this pick. I would love to either get Blackmon and Reiff, or Kalil and Alshon Jeffery in the first two rounds.
    I don't think Blackmon and Reiff is much of a possibility, however Kalil and Alshon is a very likely scenario.

It appears very much that this draft comes down to 6 elite prospects (Luck, RGII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon and Richardson). After that, the value of players in the rest of the first appear to have a fairly small separation which I suspect will lead teams to pick more on need. I also would not be surprised to see some wheeling and dealing in this section, possibly with the vikings moving back in to the late 1st to grab the likes of Stephen Hill or Janoris Jenkins. Either way, I think there will be some strong guys available for our second pick.

The draft always seems to have a couple trends that develop..whether it's a run on DT's, WR's or CB's, which pushes some good talent down below where they are graded.

This is how I see the top 6 going
    Indy-Luck
    Wash-RGIII
    MN-Kalil
    Clev-Richardson --- smartest move they could make
    Tampa-Claiborne
    St. Louis-Blackmon

And then possibly Tannehill to Miami at 8 which I think is a huge reach. Outside of that, I think there will be a lot of head scratching.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I don't think Blackmon and Reiff is much of a possibility, however Kalil and Alshon is a very likely scenario.

It appears very much that this draft comes down to 6 elite prospects (Luck, RGII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon and Richardson). After that, the value of players in the rest of the first appear to have a fairly small separation which I suspect will lead teams to pick more on need. I also would not be surprised to see some wheeling and dealing in this section, possibly with the vikings moving back in to the late 1st to grab the likes of Stephen Hill or Janoris Jenkins. Either way, I think there will be some strong guys available for our second pick.

The draft always seems to have a couple trends that develop..whether it's a run on DT's, WR's or CB's, which pushes some good talent down below where they are graded.

This is how I see the top 6 going
    Indy-Luck
    Wash-RGIII
    MN-Kalil
    Clev-Richardson --- smartest move they could make
    Tampa-Claiborne
    St. Louis-Blackmon

And then possibly Tannehill to Miami at 8 which I think is a huge reach. Outside of that, I think there will be a lot of head scratching.
    +1 good post, I think the top 6 picks are pretty much set unless someone throws a monkey wrench into the situation with a huge trade.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast