Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jared Allen wants Morris Claiborne

DE Jared Allen doesn't make the call on draft night, but he's advocating for LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne with the Vikings' first pick. "I am a defensive guy and selfishly I am pulling for a top-notch cover guy, so I like that Claiborne guy out of LSU," Allen told ProFootballTalk.com.

Let's grant his wish!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Lets not

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Lets not
    Why not?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MorrisCaliborne View Post
    Why not?
    Maybe because having a near sure-fire (as close as you can get, I guess) potential All Pro LT, is more important than a CB. What happens if we don't get Kalil? That will keep Ponder running for his life all year, hurt AP's running, and lower our offense as a whole. If we don't get Claiborne? Our pass defense will still suck, but at least it won't endager someone, especially someone as important as our franchise QB (as of now).

Also, for being a big Morris Claiborne fan, you did a pretty awful job on your username.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Maybe because having a near sure-fire (as close as you can get, I guess) potential All Pro LT, is more important than a CB. What happens if we don't get Kalil? That will keep Ponder running for his life all year, hurt AP's running, and lower our offense as a whole. If we don't get Claiborne? Our pass defense will still suck, but at least it won't endager someone, especially someone as important as our franchise QB (as of now).

Also, for being a big Morris Claiborne fan, you did a pretty awful job on your username.
    I tried using the correct spelling but user name was already taken so I just switched the letters.. you know that the Vikings can still draft a offensive tackle in the later rounds right? Passing on Kalil is not the end of the world

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    I tried using the correct spelling but user name was already taken so I just switched the letters.. you know that the Vikings can still draft a offensive tackle in the later rounds right? Passing on Kalil is not the end of the world
    The same applies to cornerback or literally any other position. This barely even qualifies as an argument. Besides, the general consensus is that this draft is much thinner at O-line than it is at the skill positions anyway.

Of course, I would be just as happy if they took Claiborne as I would be if they Kalil. That being said, I have to question the logic of picking as your username the name of a player we haven't even drafted yet and indeed might not even draft at all. And then deliberately spelled it wrong. Rather than, I don't know, adding a number at the end.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 04-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    The same applies to cornerback or literally any other position. This barely even qualifies as an argument. Besides, the general consensus is that this draft is much thinner at O-line than it is at the skill positions anyway.

Of course, I would be just as happy if they took Claiborne as I would be if they Kalil. That being said, I have to question the logic of picking as your username the name of a player we haven't even drafted yet and indeed might not even draft at all. And then deliberately spelled it wrong. Rather than, I don't know, adding a number at the end.
    I tried using the correct spelling but user name was already taken so I just switched the letters

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    I tried using the correct spelling but user name was already taken so I just switched the letters
    I know. If you insist on naming yourself after him you could at least add a 1 to the end or something.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Drafting Morris is not going to fix our offense. However, Drafting Khalil, makes our defense better.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Drafting Morris is not going to fix our offense. However, Drafting Khalil, makes our defense better.
    Kalil
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast