Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hope for a Warpig Dashed Yet Again

Unless.........

Chase Baker

Two-down plugger with a squatty build fleshy midsection, thick trunk and bulbous calves. Shows surprising initial quickness, good instincts against the run and a bulldog mentality. Smart, hardworking, try-hard overachiever.
    ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Chase Baker

A bit small. Maybe he can add some beef (or pork).

Tydreke Powell

OVERVIEW

Powell has started at defensive tackle for the past two years for the Tar Heels. He has some inconsistencies and limitations in his play, almost all of which involve his athletic ability. He is a big-bodied interior lineman at over 300 pounds, and he has value as a run defender but little else. Powell could be taken in the late rounds based off his size, but he will need to post strong showings in pre-draft workouts to prove that he is more than just a lane clogger inside and can actually contribute to a defensive line rotation.

STRENGTHS

Powell is a big and powerful body who has a strong upper body. He can extend his arms and control interior offensive linemen with ease, and he has a decent anchor throughout his legs to match. This package allows him to maintain position and work off blocks to be a factor in the run game. Powell was seldom moved when working against the run in college, so some teams may see him as a potential option for a 3-4 defense as a stout point-of-attack man. He understands how to work in the run game and make his presence felt inside.

WEAKNESSES

Powell is an obviously unathletic mover at the defensive tackle position. He isn't quite a lane-clogging nose tackle, so he is limited to being primarily a 3-technique defensive tackle who will have trouble working against the pass. He is slow off the line of scrimmage and, though strong, shows minimal jolt off the ball. He is hardly a disruptive influence. He will often stand up off the snap, diminishing what could be a powerful base given his size. Powell has the potential, based off his size and upper body strength, to hold the point against two blockers and be a hold-up man in a 3-4 scheme, but he rarely did so at the collegiate level.
    Tydreke Powell, DT - North Carolina | Player Profile | 2012 Combine | NFL.com

Terrell Resonno

A tall, solidly built defensive tackle prospect who has the frame to get a little bigger, but not much bigger. Possesses a slightly high pad level when trying to sit into his stance, but he gets a bit arched in the back and seems to roll his hips into contact vs. the run game. Doesn't have a great first step and lacks the initial burst to threaten gaps off the ball. However, he possesses natural strength into contact and can initially create a jolt. However, his pad level seems to rise through the play and he is tight in the hips. He lacks the type of balance or lateral quickness to side-step blocks and/or shed through contact. Displays a strong upper body, but isn't real quick or compact with his punch, he winds up into contact and looks content to simply try to manhandle blocks through the play. Does a decent job playing off slide down blocks down the line and using his natural power to anchor and work his way toward the football. However, he doesn't find the football consistently inside and will take himself out of too many run plays.

Isn't a natural pass rusher, but a linear athlete who is stiff in the hips and struggles to re-direct and slip blocks with any kind of consistency. Doesn't have the initial burst to threaten gaps and, despite his natural strength, doesn't gain the type of leverage consistently to fight his way through contact or push the pocket.

Impression: Possesses an intriguing frame and has some natural strength. Could get some looks as a potential 34 DE, but more of a free agent only.

Terrell Resonno

Not much better than the cat we drafted. Maybe our new D-line coach can get something going without a warpig my friends cause it looks like we didn't get one again this year.

(Marrdro can be seen crying in his beast).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Scout ranks him as the 18th best DT. Maybe not a warpig, but seems to have the heart to be one.Scout.com: Draft in-depth: DE Trevor Guyton
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Scout ranks him as the 18th best DT. Scout.com: Draft in-depth: DE Trevor Guyton
    How many DT's were in the draft?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How many DT's were in the draft?
    Hard to tell. Some sites carried this guy as a DE, and some carried him as a DT. Same goes for all the others out there.

CBS sports ranked/graded 53.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we signed your guy Marr.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Well, the edit doesn't work so I'll just post again. Here's the source

Minnesota Vikings Agree To Terms With Fifteen Undrafted Free Agents - Daily Norseman
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Yeah, seems we could have addressed DT with one of the picks we traded for next year...tho, those may come in handy for moving up then too, and, after digging deeper, the next DT drafted after IND got Chapman with the first pick of the 5th wasn't until MIA took Kheeston randall with the 8th pick of the 7th round, and 7th rounders aren't much better, if any, than UDFAs anyway.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Well, the edit doesn't work so I'll just post again. Here's the source

Minnesota Vikings Agree To Terms With Fifteen Undrafted Free Agents - Daily Norseman
    I was listening to Tim and Pat on the way home the other day and they mentioned one of the OLmen the Vikes have in camp will probably move to DT. Tim called him a "Big Mean and Nasty".......

I can't remember his name. Gonna have to watch and see if they move one of them over to that side of the ball during camp.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I was listening to Tim and Pat on the way home the other day and they mentioned one of the OLmen the Vikes have in camp will probably move to DT. Tim called him a "Big Mean and Nasty".......

I can't remember his name. Gonna have to watch and see if they move one of them over to that side of the ball during camp.
    I'm not sure what is worse, converting a Basketball player to receiver/TE, or OL to DT.... It takes more than quickness, strength and size to play DT. They are entirely different skill sets.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'm not sure what is worse, converting a Basketball player to receiver/TE, or OL to DT.... It takes more than quickness, strength and size to play DT. They are entirely different skill sets.
    +1

Perhaps Spielman's/Fraziers's next genius plan is to move Robison to RG.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast