Great interview by Kalil

Matt Kalil: 'You won't have to worry about finding a left tackle for the next decade' | StarTribune.com

That was a great read! Even though I want Morris Claiborne, I would not complain if the Vikings draft Kalil, Kalil is the real deal

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Love it. A guy who's super talented, AND has the work ethic and attitude to succeed.

Think the AP of Left Tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Love it. A guy who's super talented, AND has the work ethic and attitude to succeed.

Yeah, I rather have Matt Kalil over Justin Blackmon, I would be suprised if the Vikings pass on Kalil and they would be stupid to do so....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

He hits the DL & tips over?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    I have said it before, but I think Kalil has the lowest bust factor. He has the pedigree and background to be successful for years to come. Both his Dad and Brother played/play in the NFL. You cannot Jamarcus Russell and go home for Thanksgiving dinner with that kind of family (yes, i just used Jamarcus as a verb).

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He hits the DL & tips over?
    dessert line.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

LIVike is online now Starter
    Great read. He seems very motivated and a real hard worker. One thing that he said in particular though
    Give him time to throw. Honestly. Itís that simple. Itís about making that quarterback feel more comfortable in the pocket, that he can trust that he can get that extra read and get that extra second knowing heís not going to be getting hit from behind or speared in the back. I think a quarterbackís confidence is everything. And I think that left tackle can definitely help a young quarterback become very successful and feel a lot more comfortable.
    Confidence is key, Ponder/Webb could be surrounded by an amazing receiver corps but if he has no time or confidence its useless.
    None