Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Almost seems like we are following the followers.
    So, in a cyclical pattern like this one, that could make us the leaders..... see what I'm sayin here??
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Between him and Kevon, I'm not sure a positive word about the Vikings has been said in the past year.
    Then you've either completely ignored the positive posts or didn't read them.

There's not a lot of positive to post about when.....your team arguably has the worst OL in football (ranked 28th), had a 3-13 record, had the 31st ranked defense (28+ per game avg given up) & your GM's answer to that is to release several veterans & replace them with players off other teams practice squad or players they didn't want, a player who has never played pro football, your coach scarcely uses our best past catching TE & doesn't address one of the teams biggest needs until the 5th pick of the draft.

Yeah, I've complained about our OL last year, bitched about McKinnie, Berrian, McNabb, our mediocre WR corp sans Harvin. Guilty as charged

I've also bitched about our defense losing games for us when our team managed to put up 23, 27, 28 & even 32 points. Guilty as charged

I wasn't happy with our OL giving up 50 sacks, losing twice to GB, Chi & Detroit & finishing at the bottom of our division. Again, guilty as charged.

Outside of some bright moments & the achievements of a few key players, the season & the offseason prior to the draft has been very bleak.

You might see a lot of positives & be happy as a clam with what our team & staff has did last year, but I'm not.

What is it you & Marrdro love about signing Marvin Mitchell?

What is it you & Marrdro love about these signings & how do they improve our team enough to put us back into contention?

Elimimian Solomon
    Zackary Bowman
    Jose Valdez
    Bryan Walters
    Devin Aromashodu
    Jerome Felton
    Lex Hilliard
    Last edited by singersp; 05-15-2012 at 08:02 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You might see a lot of positives & be happy as a clam with what our team & staff has did last year, but I'm not.

What is it you & Marrdro love about signing Marvin Mitchell?

What is it you & Marrdro love about these signings & how do they improve our team enough to put us back into contention?

Elimimian Solomon
    Zackary Bowman
    Jose Valdez
    Bryan Walters
    Devin Aromashodu
    Jerome Felton
    Lex Hilliard
    Do you even know who Marvin Mitchell is?

Look, just because these cats might not be glaring stars that grace each and every household with their names they will contribute because thats what they are signed to do. Heck, maybe one or two of them might even make you open your eyes and say, nice damn signing, after the year (probably not as you still won't admit how wrong you were on teh Birk/Sully thing).

Again, big picture, a team isn't made up of HOF'rs. It is made up of a bunch of players that can function in a scheme as a cohesive unit. Its not only hard to find those 53 cats, but its also hard to teach them to play that way.

Those guys you just listed are what the scouts, coaches and Front Office Pukes hope will mesh into that unit (or team). If it doens't work, you move on. If it does, we all get to jump up and down.

That's what makes it the greatest game ever played.

In the end, I'm not happy with a few of those names, hell I'd rather have high priced vets at every starting spot and every backup position but reality is (a slap in the face) the $$$ just doesn't allow it.

Other than 11 starters on offense and 11 starters on defense, the rest of the team will be made up of guys like you just listed. Show me one team out there that isn't.

I bet, just like my reply to your comment on a short WR in this thread, you won't........Still love ya though my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123