Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Childs and Wright -- Lifelong friends

Pretty cool story. Hopefully they work out for us.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    5'10" wr?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Pretty cool story for sure...hope they both make the squad and surprise some DBs for us!!

At first glance I was a lil bummed we didn't go WR a bit earlier, but after checking into these guys, I'm getting kinda stoked with how well this draft seems to have worked out! We filled all the glaring holes (LT and S) in the first and then added multiple players to our other weakest areas, CBs and WRs.

Both these WRs have timed in the low 4.4s, so they've got some straight line speed, and their weaknesses and strengths complement each other well. The big guy has his obvious size advantage in jump balls and shielding the ball from the defender and some pretty good power and balance in how he runs after the catch, while the lil guy has the quickness and short area speed/agility to get open and get gone that way. Nice additions both!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    5'10" wr?
    Wes Welker 5'9" 185 lbs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Pretty cool story for sure...hope they both make the squad and surprise some DBs for us!!

At first glance I was a lil bummed we didn't go WR a bit earlier, but after checking into these guys, I'm getting kinda stoked with how well this draft seems to have worked out! We filled all the glaring holes (LT and S) in the first and then added multiple players to our other weakest areas, CBs and WRs.

Both these WRs have timed in the low 4.4s, so they've got some straight line speed, and their weaknesses and strengths complement each other well. The big guy has his obvious size advantage in jump balls and shielding the ball from the defender and some pretty good power and balance in how he runs after the catch, while the lil guy has the quickness and short area speed/agility to get open and get gone that way. Nice additions both!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    I agree in total.

Loved it when they added Jarius even though I thought they would only look for cats like Childs. Then when they added Childs I kindof scratched my head. First scouting report talked about nothing more than how slow and unproductive he was last year and didn't even say anything about him coming off a knee injury.

Other sites talked about how his 40 time has steadily gotten better as he gets healthy and how tough he is getting off the line before the injury, not to mention that he loves to block.

As I said in a previous post. I like the FA signings and think these guys just make the group that much better.

If we can only get rid of Musgrove, I would be happy happy happy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    As I said in a previous post. I like the FA signings and think these guys just make the group that much better.
    That explains a lot.

Perhaps Spielman can scrounge up some more basketball players to sign.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That explains a lot.

Perhaps Spielman can scrounge up some more basketball players to sign.
    You don't like the additions and the players we resigned? WOW.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You don't like the additions and the players we resigned? WOW.
    Between him and Kevon, I'm not sure a positive word about the Vikings has been said in the past year.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Cool story looks like we may have just added the Sedin twins to our offense and we don't need them to backcheck

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Between him and Kevon, I'm not sure a positive word about the Vikings has been said in the past year.
    We just went 3-13..... Nuff said!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast