Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    You are useless... Obviously the Packers are a winning franchise so they can afford to take risks like this on their roster. We cannot. That is not how you build a winning roster. You play is safe and realize that the odds of the 80th person we add to our roster becoming a HOFer are much greater if he's played mediocre DT his whole life than if he was a flyer based on athletic ability.
    How is that in ANY way a risk? We get 90some odd players going into TC. If they want to sign an athletic player who has a 1% shot at making the roster, why not?

    When we win 5 superbowls, then we can start thinking about risking our future on a player like that.
    Risking our future? LMAO!!! That's fucking classic. You're right, this basketball player, had he tried out and not made it would spiral this franchise into the bowels of the NFL for the next 15 years.

    Ridiculous.

  2. #32
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    How is that in ANY way a risk? We get 90some odd players going into TC. If they want to sign an athletic player who has a 1% shot at making the roster, why not?



    Risking our future? LMAO!!! That's fucking classic. You're right, this basketball player, had he tried out and not made it would spiral this franchise into the bowels of the NFL for the next 15 years.

    Ridiculous.
    This is the classic case of me not knowing if you took my (what I thought to be) obvious sarcasm as seriousness or you're responding with more sarcasm, and in that case I'm ruining the whole situation by asking about it. Hmmm....
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  3. #33
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    This is the classic case of me not knowing if you took my (what I thought to be) obvious sarcasm as seriousness or you're responding with more sarcasm, and in that case I'm ruining the whole situation by asking about it. Hmmm....
    It failed because it lacked common sense. All of these guys are athletic. Dale Moss also played football recently.

    61 catches, 900 yards, 6 tds is not
    0 catches, 0 yards, 0 tds.

    Do you you see the difference. #NoSarcasm
    Again, how many of those players that never played football at the college level are Pro Bowlers?
    We don't have the time to teach the basics of Football with a roster this young. We have to spend time teach the NFL Basics.

  4. #34
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    This is the classic case of me not knowing if you took my (what I thought to be) obvious sarcasm as seriousness or you're responding with more sarcasm, and in that case I'm ruining the whole situation by asking about it. Hmmm....
    oh. Ha! well played sir.

  5. #35
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We don't have the time to teach the basics of Football with a roster this young. We have to spend time teach the NFL Basics.
    Do you honestly think none of these guys know the basics of Football? yeah, it's an extra step, but IF they make the practice squad, they have a year+ to learn the more basic aspects, they won't be on the 53 man roster, but if we can get a guy skilled enough to play who just needs some experience o the PS, there's no reason why we shouldn't do it.


    It's ironic, weren't you the guy who made the thread about how we should ignore the safe picks in the late rounds of draft and draft for either pure skill or a guy who was injured but can play if healthy?

  6. #36
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Green Bay Packers: Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State -- Moss only made the switch from basketball to football for the Jackrabbits in his senior season. His size (6-3, 213) and athleticism (41-inch vertical) give him enough upside to land on the practice squad in 2012, or maybe as the last receiver on the 53-man if he shows enough in training camp.

    Looks like the Packers don't know how to assemble a roster either, giving basketball turned football players a chance to try out.
    There's a big difference.

    Dale Moss personally made the move from basketball to football because he had a desire to play football & wanted to tryout. He played football his senior year, went to the combine & was a menber of the NFL draft class. That decision to play football was made long before GB gave him an opportunity to tryout.

    Spielman is targeting a BB player who is content with playing BB, doesn't have a desire, will or want to play football nor played it in college & trying to entice him to leave basketball & play football instead.

    When is the last time a player who didn't want to play football, get talked into playing football & then become a star?

    IMO, It's a waste of time, just like it was for him to bring in Luck & RGIII for a workout.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #37
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    This thread is about a silly as the people who think that looking across the spectrum of sports for athletes that can play is silly.

    First, he wasn't drafted so he wasn't a wasted draft pick.

    Second, this was a very week class for TE's.

    Third, we have a duffus for a O-coord that wants more TE's on the roster than WR's.

    Fourth, basketball players have proven to be successful at this level.

    Fifth, this is a total staff effort. If the scouts and coaches didn't think the kid was athletic enough, the offer woudn't have been made.

    In the end, we are trying to find athletes to put on the field. Almost any fan would be ecstatic, instead, Vikings fans get pissed because the staff is putting players on the field that THEY DON'T KNOW.....

    WHAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't know his name. He can't play for me........

    Silly yutz fans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #38
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    There's a big difference.

    Dale Moss personally made the move from basketball to football because he had a desire to play football & wanted to tryout. He played football his senior year, went to the combine & was a menber of the NFL draft class. That decision to play football was made long before GB gave him an opportunity to tryout.

    Spielman is targeting a BB player who is content with playing BB, doesn't have a desire, will or want to play football nor played it in college & trying to entice him to leave basketball & play football instead.

    When is the last time a player who didn't want to play football, get talked into playing football & then become a star?

    IMO, It's a waste of time, just like it was for him to bring in Luck & RGIII for a workout.
    Quick question for you ole wise one.

    HOW THE HELL WAS HE TO FIND OUT HE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL IF HE DIDN'T ASK?

    Wow, the logic behind that mystifies me......

    Spielman. Leslie, do you think he has talent?

    Leslie: Pretty damn athletic.

    Spielman: Wonder if he wants to try out?

    Leslie: Better not ask, he might say no and that will give the yutz fans a reason to start a stupid ass thread over there on PPO.

    Speilman: Yea, I see your point my friend.......

    LOL
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #39
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quick question for you ole wise one.

    HOW THE HELL WAS HE TO FIND OUT HE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL IF HE DIDN'T ASK?

    Wow, the logic behind that mystifies me......

    Spielman. Leslie, do you think he has talent?

    Leslie: Pretty damn athletic.

    Spielman: Wonder if he wants to try out?

    Leslie: Better not ask, he might say no and that will give the yutz fans a reason to start a stupid ass thread over there on PPO.

    Speilman: Yea, I see your point my friend.......

    LOL
    What's this? A topic I agree with Marrdro on? Interesting...
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  10. #40
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    What's this? A topic I agree with Marrdro on? Interesting...
    LOL, Not hard to explain......I haven't been around enough to keep you in a constant state of irritation my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •