Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

BB Player says "NO" to Spielman

Hey Rick! Stick to people that have actually played football since high school!

Jones says no to Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Hey Rick! Stick to people that have actually played football since high school!

Jones says no to Vikings
    And people keep talking about how great a draft he had. Wtf. The guy is an idiot. It worked for the chargers and saints...Lets build a team with guys who never ran a College route. Fire this asshole already.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I can't believe he wasted a draft pick on this kid.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I can't believe he wasted a draft pick on this kid.
    Wait... what? Don't think we drafted him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Wait... what? Don't think we drafted him.
    That's the point. I don't know why people are getting up in arms over this stuff. It can't hurt. Bring in as much competition and athletic ability as you can and the best players will win roster spots. Singer and kevon just bitch about everything Spielman does. It gets old. Like watching Marrdro say Favre was crap for us.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    That's the point. I don't know why people are getting up in arms over this stuff. It can't hurt. Bring in as much competition and athletic ability as you can and the best players will win roster spots. Singer and kevon just bitch about everything Spielman does. It gets old. Like watching Marrdro say Favre was crap for us.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

We would have 3 former Basketball players on our team. If you can't seem to understand that bringing in players that haven't played football in 4 years to attempt to play NFL ball is not the best way to fill an NFL roster.....I can't help you. We were 3-13, moves like that are reserved for teams with solid rosters.

iowa is offline Rookie
    Whats' the harm of bringin' some athletes to see what they got, geez, it can't hurt. It's not like we're using up roster spots on these guys.You never know where your gonna find a hidden jewel.Nobody thought much of Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Antonio Gates etc., they seemed to turn out OK.It's football not rocket science.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Whats' the harm of bringin' some athletes to see what they got, geez, it can't hurt. It's not like we're using up roster spots on these guys.You never know where your gonna find a hidden jewel.Nobody thought much of Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Antonio Gates etc., they seemed to turn out OK.It's football not rocket science.
    Exactly my point. No harm is coming, not like they are taking up spots or anything. If they are garbage, then drop them. If we find a hidden gem then that could be enough to help us turn the corner.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Exactly my point. No harm is coming, not like they are taking up spots or anything. If they are garbage, then drop them. If we find a hidden gem then that could be enough to help us turn the corner.
    They is some harm done. When you waste a roster spot on a prospect, you end up cutting or not getting to see another prospect that it is more likely that Diamond in the rough. Football might as well be rocket science( my high school WR coach was a rocket scientist with NASA). It is not easy to memorize some of these playbooks or learn the science behind the game.. I gauge my intelligence to be higher than most ( except when posting on the internet) and I have seen an NFL playbook. Trust me it's no cake walk.

In the NFL cover Three isn't just cover three. You're a corner and the team your playing floods your Deep thrid zone with two Wrs running a flag and a fly. Your responsibility changes as does your reads. Its very fluid and not just get as deep as the deepest man. It takes a certain brain and brawn combination. Its similar to a doctor that can perform open heart surgery in the dark but can't google last nights baseball scores.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast