Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Was checking another WR scenario...if we take Kalil or Claiborne, we can still likely get a top-notch deep-threat by trading our 3rd round pick to move our 2nd up to CIN's 21, where Stephen Hill seems to be a great fit!! Kid ran a 4.36 40 and averaged almost 30 yards a catch!!! Better yet!? He's a hell of a blocker too!

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

BAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Yeah I like Floyd and Hill more than I like Blackmon. Blackmon just doesnt fit into our system because we already have Harvin in the slot. We dont use 4 WR sets. So we need the outside guys and Floyd and Hill make the most sense. I have been reading up on Jeffery too, he could be a beast if he can improve his work ethic. He showed up at the combine looking good, but last season he was up to almost 250! at the combine he was 213 and ran a 4.5 the kid is 6-3 and has great hands. He should be available in the 2nd.
    None

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CPonderFan View Post
    Yeah I like Floyd and Hill more than I like Blackmon. Blackmon just doesnt fit into our system because we already have Harvin in the slot. We dont use 4 WR sets. So we need the outside guys and Floyd and Hill make the most sense. I have been reading up on Jeffery too, he could be a beast if he can improve his work ethic. He showed up at the combine looking good, but last season he was up to almost 250! at the combine he was 213 and ran a 4.5 the kid is 6-3 and has great hands. He should be available in the 2nd.
    Blackmon is not a slot receiver...

Jeffrey can't get separation and is a poor route runner.. with the offense we have.. we can't afford to have a poor route running WR... especially one with poor work ethic.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    Yeah, Blackmon is an all around everything reciever.

Summary: Justin Blackmon was the best wide receiver in college football in 2011. He could have been a first-rounder last year, but decided to return for another season with the Cowboys. It paid off, as he is now considered to be a top-10 pick. Blackmon is a dangerous playmaker. He is a threat to score on any reception. Blackmon is extremely well built and is physical with defensive backs. He has the dual ability to be a possession receiver and a deep threat who stretches the field. He breaks tackles and gets yards after contact.

In his final season at Oklahoma State, Blackmon caught 121 receptions for 1,522 yards with 18 touchdowns. He produced despite teams constantly sending double coverage his direction. In 2010, Blackmon caught 111 passes for 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns. He went over 100-yards in every game as a sophomore. To conclude his college career, Blackmon had a massive game against Stanford despite playing with a leg infection.

Blackmon projects as a starter immediately as a rookie, and it shouldn't be long before he is a No. 1 receiver. He has the skill set to be in contention for the Pro Bowl annually.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Yeah, Blackmon is an all around everything reciever.
    I wonder if anybody else watched him play, or if everybody is just reading about him. He is a man amongst boys in the college game, and dominated. He's legit as hell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234