Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    In Spielman's defense though, we can't hang 100% of the drafts since 2007 solely on him since he wasn't the GM & didn't get the final say.

This year however, it's all on him.

Does anyone care to analyze his dismal FA moves?

If I had to say something good about his FA period thus far, I'm just glad he did pursue a trade for Tebow.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    haha, yeah not having Tebow is a good thing, we don't need that shit show to go on every week. He does win though....somehow.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    We really need to pick a side of the ball and focus on in this draft. Trying to fix an entire team in a draft is a sure fire way to fail. If we go LT, WR, CB, WR, DT with our first 5 picks it will make me a happy man. Next year we can address Saftey with a high pick CB again if needed, DE, LB,...

We would have
    QB - Ponder - Franchise
    RB - Peterson - Franchise
    FB - Whoever - Average
    WR - Harvin + Jeffery + Tommy Streeter/Ty HIlton/ Quick/ Greg Childs (I hope) 2 Franchise and an average
    TE - 2 Franchise TE
    LT - Khalil (i hope) Franchise
    LG - Johnson Average
    C - Sully - Above Average
    RG - ?
    RT - Loadholt - Above Average

RDE - Franchise
    DT - Franchise
    DT - Above Average
    LDE - Average

Will - Franchise
    Mike - Above Average
    Sam - ?

CB - Cook -Franchise
    CB - Rookie - Above Average
    Saftey - Franchise
    Saftey - ?

My point is focus on primaryly 1 side of the ball, and then do the opposite next year. Use draft year 3 to iron out deficiencies that your misses may have made.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Cook is a franchise CB?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Cook is a franchise CB?
    I didn't get that far. I quit after he claimed Ponder as franchise & Loadholt as above average. Sullivan being above average is questionable as well.

How many games did Ponder win again?
    Last edited by singersp; 04-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I didn't get that far. I quit after he claimed Ponder as franchise & Loadholt as above average. Sullivan being above average is questionable as well.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. These would be how the Francise view these players. Not my own. In two years, the Franchise will not be ready to give up on Ponder and he has been given the "throne"
    While I believe that he is an above average QB - he is our Franchise QB.

Loadholt is a bit better than Average. He is a talented RT who has not lived up to potential. Again. He will not be replaced anytime so. His spot on the line is not cemented like Ponders so I gave him the above average moniker. Sorry I wasn't clear.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 04-14-2012 at 11:00 AM.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    My point is focus on primarily 1 side of the ball, and then do the opposite next year. Use draft year 3 to iron out deficiencies that your misses may have made.
    I'm thinking that too, and I'm thinking Offense takes longer to "gel" and grow "chemistry and continuity," but perhaps more importantly, IF we don't improve blocking AND our threat of a deep pass, we'll have 2 more excuses to stick with Ponder and Webb as our 1-2. IF we give them the help we think they need, and they still don't show progress, then we'll have a better idea earlier whether we need to draft QB again.

Maybe, even collecting a pick or two for next year to set us up to either A: focus on upgrading multiple defensive positions, or B: move up to get a better option at QB.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    While I believe that he is an above average QB
    He was statistically one of the bottom-10 starting QB's in the league... with McNabb being one of the guys who might have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    He was statistically one of the bottom-10 starting QB's in the league... with McNabb being one of the guys who might have been worse.
    He also lacks considerable weapons. I mean besides the Oline that we have, he needs more WRs. I still think he can turn it around and be a serviceable QB - think Matt Hassellbeck
    Last edited by kevoncox; 04-14-2012 at 11:40 PM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

The exact same number of games that Peyton Manning did his first year as a rookie. And Manning was arguably surrounded by more talent on offense. BTW, Manning also had more INTs than TDs his rookie year, and the team averaged only 19 points per game.

Now I am not saying that Ponder is the next Manning. Let me repeat that because somebody is going to go there - I am not saying that Ponder is the next Manning. But I am saying that anyone who is looking at Ponder's stats from his rookie year and dismissing him as a QB is being more than a little premature.

Ponder came into a system with no offseason prep, offensive line problems, and only one WR (who is a slot, not a primary). There were times when his play showed a lot of potential, there were times when we collectively groaned as a fan base. I think he showed enough promise to warrant his continued starting this year, and I fully expect him to continue to mature as he grows with the system. If not, he can go the way of Tarvaris...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast