Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oddjob142 is offline Training Camp

Alternative draft strategy...

From every mock draft there has been, we've been pegged as taking Kalil. Although it would be a good pick, we still would have to settle on a much lower tier WR. Why don't we sign McNeil or Bell (before Philly did) and then draft Blackmon? They are young, albeit with some injury concerns, but I would take the risk for a top tier WR to pair w/ Harvin/Peterson/Ruldolph.

If not, do you think we can sell Cleveland on the possibility of Miami jumping them for Tannehill and swapping our first round picks and also getting CLE's late first rounder for our second? We could get Kalil and Stephen Hill...

Can't wait for the draft...

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I will bet my left nut that Stephen hill will be sitting there come the 35th pick. No need to trade. Just draft Kalil at 3 and then Hill at 35.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    There are a plethora of Wrs in this draft.

Lets ignore the big 4 of Blackmon, Floyd, Hill and Wright. They are 1st round picks.

That leaves:
    Rueben Randle LSU
    Alshon Jeffery - USC
    Mohamed Sanu - Rutgers
    Ryan Broyles - Oklahoma ( Sleeper in the 4th)
    A.J. Jenkins - Set ILL records... 4.43 forty
    Nick Toon - Love this guy
    Tommy Streeter - Mia - Sleeper
    Jarius Wright - Not a big guy but a blazer...Desean Jackson ish.
    T.J. Graham - NC - 6th rounder sleeper.

I would love us to add Jeffery in the 2nd and Broyles with our late 4th.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Brian Quick 6'4 220 lbs - not great speed, 4.5 guy, but great body control.

Juron Criner 6'3 224 lbs - again poor speed but could be one hell of a possession guy.

Greg Childs 6'3 219 lbs - Poor Combine but bounced back with a terrific Pro-Day where he ran a 4.39 40 and increased his vertical jump by 4 inches. (This is my sleeper pick)

Marvin McNutt 6'3 216 lbs - Another possession guy with great hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Brian Quick 6'4 220 lbs - not great speed, 4.5 guy, but great body control.

Juron Criner 6'3 224 lbs - again poor speed but could be one hell of a possession guy.

Greg Childs 6'3 219 lbs - Poor Combine but bounced back with a terrific Pro-Day where he ran a 4.39 40 and increased his vertical jump by 4 inches. (This is my sleeper pick)

Marvin McNutt 6'3 216 lbs - Another possession guy with great hands.
    I think we need to address safety and middle lb early on. I hope we draft (in this order) OT, WR, FS, MLB, then these in any order DT, CB, WR, DT, RB, OG

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I will bet my left nut that Stephen hill will be sitting there come the 35th pick. No need to trade. Just draft Kalil at 3 and then Hill at 35.

sounds painful

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    We don't need another slow possesion guy. Jenkins has that covered with reliable hands and blocking. We also have two large, slow TEs who are possession type guys. What we need is a true, vertical threat. Perhaps, Childs can be that guy, or he could be just another Williamson type with speed but no hands...?

I'm far from convinced that we will get a true deep threat in the 2nd or later.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    We don't need another slow possesion guy. Jenkins has that covered with reliable hands and blocking. We also have two large, slow TEs who are possession type guys. What we need is a true, vertical threat. Perhaps, Childs can be that guy, or he could be just another Williamson type with speed but no hands...?

I'm far from convinced that we will get a true deep threat in the 2nd or later.
    My sentiments exactly...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I really don't think he will. Most mocks I'm seeing have him as a late 1st rounder. I'd be suprised if he fell to us in the second. The Patriots Rams and Colts could all use a reciever with his strengths.

KevinK is offline Starter
    +1 Agree Agree Agree Agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast