Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Troy Williamson ran the 40 in 4.32 seconds and had a 41-1/2 vertical.

Just saying.......
    So your saying Hill will be a bust?!?!?!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    So your saying Hill will be a bust?!?!?!
    He's saying speed and measurables your touting don't mean shit if you can't catch the ball... or get open...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    He's saying speed and measurables your touting don't mean shit if you can't catch the ball... or get open...
    Exactly my point, thank you. What makes Hill any better an option than Childs? Why the love for Hill and not Childs. They are just about the same player in measurables, yet one is a great talent coming from AN OPTION ATTACK and one is not desirable coming from a pro style offense. I would take my chances on the pro style WR, especially when he was tearing up the SEC (arguably the best conference in college football) before his injury. Hill was projected a third to fourth rounder before the combine, what does that tell you about him?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    You sound like you will never be happy with Spielman.
    Hey Tark, I love my good friend Singer to death, but you have to realize something about him.

He only is happy when the team adds players he recognizes.

If the team puts someone on the roster that he doesn't recognize, look out, and if they do it and get rid of a aging vet (Birk vs Sully/Shortwell vs Walsh) he is going to beeeeyyyyyatch even if in the end, the move was right.

We watched Sully struggle and now this year we are hearing that he is playing at a probowl level. Ever see Singer say just once, he was wrong about the move?

Same thing will happen with Walsh and Shortwell. The kid will have some growing pains but in the end he will be better than shortwell and won't hear a peep out of him.

This is just another example. Truth of the matter is, once you got past the first 5 or 6 WR's the rest of the class was about the same. When/were you took them really doesn't matter when it comes to athletic ability, but does have a big play in what they will cost initially and if they do pan out.

That last little nugget isn't really a concern to most fans as they only want a team made of of HOF'rs when in fact most teams have very few HOF"rs if any on them. They are actually made up of players that just come to work and get it done every day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hey Tark, I love my good friend Singer to death, but you have to realize something about him.

He only is happy when the team adds players he recognizes.

If the team puts someone on the roster that he doesn't recognize, look out, and if they do it and get rid of a aging vet (Birk vs Sully/Shortwell vs Walsh) he is going to beeeeyyyyyatch even if in the end, the move was right.

I was concerned with sully myself, he was a bit of a weak tit coming in but he has improved his game. I think our o-line will be much improved, although you have to wonder about the coaching. Hutch comes in here an All pro and leaves an average player. I know some will say he go tolder and his back hurt his performance but I noticed he was trying to help others and our line looked very confused at times.

We watched Sully struggle and now this year we are hearing that he is playing at a probowl level. Ever see Singer say just once, he was wrong about the move?

Same thing will happen with Walsh and Shortwell. The kid will have some growing pains but in the end he will be better than shortwell and won't hear a peep out of him.

This is just another example. Truth of the matter is, once you got past the first 5 or 6 WR's the rest of the class was about the same. When/were you took them really doesn't matter when it comes to athletic ability, but does have a big play in what they will cost initially and if they do pan out.

I am not sure about where the cuttof is but you are correct when looking at Hill, who everyone on this board coveted, and Childs. They are the same player other than Childs comes from a pro sytle offense. Advantage Childs in my mind.

That last little nugget isn't really a concern to most fans as they only want a team made of of HOF'rs when in fact most teams have very few HOF"rs if any on them. They are actually made up of players that just come to work and get it done every day.
    Excellent point if you have a couple HOF's sprinkled in you are blessed. Most teams that win the super bowl have five or six pro bowlers and that is about it. HOF's are very hard to come by and if you can get a probowler at all three levels on D and one or two on the o-line, QB, WR and Rb you have a great chance at a super bowl.

Excellent point if you have a couple HOF's sprinkled in you are blessed. Most teams that win the super bowl have five or six pro bowlers and that is about it. HOF's are very hard to come by and if you can get a probowler at all three levels on D and one or two on the o-line, QB, WR and Rb you have a great chance at a super bowl.
    For sure:
    JA
    AD

To be considered
    K-dubb
    Chad (if they move him back to his original position)
    Percy

Players to be watched
    Sully (hard to get there as a C)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    For sure:
    JA
    AD

To be considered
    K-dubb
    Percy

Players to be watched
    Chad??? he sucks... He played the same position he always has.... You dont pay a LB 10M a year to move him to a position he's uncomfortable with... .just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Chad??? he sucks... He played the same position he always has....
    He played the same position? In what way, .....he played LB'r?.....

Ben, when he was hear played the SAM (over the TE) and Chad played the Will. Last year Chad lined up on the SAM side in their base defense.

LOL, played the same position. WOW.

Kindof a waste to put this article here as its a nice read about one of the cats signed to play the WILL linebacker (not the Sam)...

The Vikings need depth behind weak-side linebacker Erin Henderson and more speed and attitude on special teams. Elimimian has spent the past two years honing his skills as a middle linebacker in a 4-2-6 defense and a special teams leader on the CFL's bigger playing surface.
    New Vikings linebacker Elimimian hits hard, no matter his size | StarTribune.com

You dont pay a LB 10M a year to move him to a position he's uncomfortable with... .just sayin....
    Your boy Singletary did. Probably why our LB'rs were so screwed up. He did the same kindof thing over there with the 49rs team that did a complete turnaround last year with very little personal changes.

Ohhh, wait, players coach and coaches get coffee right? ......snicker....
    Last edited by Marrdro; 05-12-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So with your line of thinking, what you're saying is the Vikings wasted picks on 2 CB's & a S when they should be developing Raymond, Sanford, Asher Allen & Burton?
    Not to mention the first pick because they should be developing Love, Degeare, Fusco etc along with schwartz......

Ranger is offline Coach
    For sure:
    JA
    AD

To be considered
    K-dubb
    Percy

Players to be watched
    AD is not a lock for the Hall. Allen is probably in. K-Will might. Chad isn't. Percy isn't. Sully isn't. AD is the only "young" player that is realistically going to make it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast