Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Really? I haven't read anything that said Blackmon was considered a better prospect than Jones.
    Jones was a combine raiser. However, early on the selection process, blackmon was considered a higher prospect. I think Blackmon suffered from staying and playing. Gave scouts plenty of film to nitpick him.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Jones was a combine raiser. However, early on the selection process, blackmon was considered a higher prospect. I think Blackmon suffered from staying and playing. Gave scouts plenty of film to nitpick him.
    I agree... they compare Blackmon to Dez Bryant that works harder at his craft... Dude is a beast... anywhere he would have gone except Jacksonville.. I feel for the guy!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Samuel had a huge salary and some weird trade clause in his contract. And Spielman hardly looked like a turd. We have 1 pick in each round, basically. We took LT, and started to fix our secondary. We can't trade our comp picks and it would've taken a lot to trade up into the second. No GM can get everything perfect and if you expect that then you are going to be disappointed no matter who we get back there.
    Exactly!! We have so many holes, this draft is not going to cure all our ills. We need at least three good to great drafts to get back to an elite team status. Then when you have a couple of needs you try to hit homeruns in the FA market and make a run at the super bowl. We are at least two years away from being in contention for a super bowl. No sense wasting money on FA that may not be with the team by then.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I can go along with that considering the cap, but I didn't see the big need to draft another CB before addressing our WR needs. We could have been OK with Smith, Winfield, Cook & Carr for this year & add another DB latter in the draft or next year.

I don't watch a lot of college football, so I'm not aware of all the talent out there, so my question is this;

Was Robinson the BPA over any of the WR's available at #66?
    I think we will see Whinny's reps diminish drastically this year and he won't be a Viking next year, if he makes it through this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234