Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Bring me Thomas Streeter and Marvin McNutt in the 4th, or I will have your head.
    They'll be long gone.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Tommy Streeter is overrated.. People only like him because of his size and speed is rare, but he hasnt shown that he is able to put it together yet, so it will be a challenge for him to do so.

Btw on Josh Robinson, i love the pick, gets even more depth in the secondary, don't be surprised if Bowman will have a try at safety in TC unless we pick up a veteran..

I mentioned Josh Robison in my Diamonds in the Rough blog post after the combine.
    http://www.purplepride.org/blogs/sku...onds-rough-50/

Some had him way higher than the third so i think he has good value and yet another good pick by Spielman.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Greg childs WR & Massaqua(spelling) LB & a DT please

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Crazy athleticness, but needs quite a bit of development. Let's see how our crack db coaching pedigrees makes use of him. Lots of upside with this guy. The db pool is getting pretty heavy, buh bye Asher.

Give Josh some reps in 2012, whether at corner or nickel and see if he can be a starter in 2013 when some of our 1 year guys expire. It's clear that Spielman understands the issues we have with our secondary and is trying to address it without killing the cap. From a talent standpoint, we are quite a bit ahead of last year, now lets see what the coaching staff does with it.

WR has to be the next area of focus followed by DT and ILB.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Whatever we can't/don't address in the draft we can get through Free Agency/Trades

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    All those draft picks & we couldn't trade up in the 2nd or 3rd to draft a WR? WTF!!!!

Spielman may have looked good on day 1 of the draft, but looked like a turd on day 2.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    All those draft picks & we couldn't trade up in the 2nd or 3rd to draft a WR? WTF!!!!

Spielman may have looked good on day 1 of the draft, but looked like a turd on day 2.
    He got out smarted. Based on his comments about the pick. He wanted Randle, he got snatched up and I believe that the guy from Montana became their target but he got snatched up. Seems like we like taller Cbs and the other guy fits the bill better. Just based on his response from Vikings.com.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Who are you targeting and where were you expecting them to trade with, to move back into the 3rd round the Vikes would have to trade all their picks (except the compensatory picks which can't be trade) just to come up with the value of around picks in the later 80's and Sanu would already be gone.

Would you give up picks 118, 138, 139, 175, 210, 211 and 223 to make a move for T.Y. Hilton?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Who are you targeting and where were you expecting them to trade with, to move back into the 3rd round the Vikes would have to trade all their picks (except the compensatory picks which can't be trade) just to come up with the value of around picks in the later 80's and Sanu would already be gone.

Would you give up picks 118, 138, 139, 175, 210, 211 and 223 to make a move for T.Y. Hilton?
    I wasn't targeting any WR in particular, but after our 2nd pick & prior to our 3rd round pick at #66 there must have been a WR there that we could have grabbed with our 3rd & a 4th as trade or even a WR with our #66 pick.

I didn't see a big need to get another DB at #66 before grabbing a WR.

Did you know Asante Samuel was traded for a 7th round pick? He would have given us some much needed help in the backfield.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't targeting any WR in particular, but after our 2nd pick & prior to our 3rd round pick at #66 there must have been a WR there that we could have grabbed with our 3rd & a 4th as trade or even a WR with our #66 pick.

I didn't see a big need to get another DB at #66 before grabbing a WR.

Did you know Asante Samuel was traded for a 7th round pick? He would have given us some much needed help in the backfield.
    Samuel had a huge salary and some weird trade clause in his contract. And Spielman hardly looked like a turd. We have 1 pick in each round, basically. We took LT, and started to fix our secondary. We can't trade our comp picks and it would've taken a lot to trade up into the second. No GM can get everything perfect and if you expect that then you are going to be disappointed no matter who we get back there.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast