Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Oh and the icing on the cake...

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Bucs still grinding away on a deal with top guard Carl Nicks. Sounds like they will burn the midnight oil to get it done #freeagency

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Its boring as fans to rebuild through the draft as we watch other teams have fun expanding through free agency but i agree.. we need to build through the draft for about 3 years see how well we do then put the remaining pieces together via free agency.

My only concern is we have way too many holes to not sign or look at anyone besides a damn TE? If we are gonna build thrugh the draft for a while i say trade jared allen maybe even kevin williams. That will hurt my heart if it happens but it will help finacially wise plus it wont let their talents go to waste even though i would hate to face them once they come to town.

Its gonna be a long year fellas...

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Actually with Shanks who will be overpaid gone, and Kleinie gone TE is a need. This guy is acutally a decent TE.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Carlson is actually pretty good at tight end, but its really not where we need to spend.. However he didn't play at all in 2011 and the injury is a torn labrum, which is the same injury that bothered Sidney Rice.

A little bonus is that he is born in St Cloud.

Dissapointed to see no pitch to Carl Nicks, it would have been the perfect signing after letting go of Hutch and Herrera.

We have many holes we need to adress, OG is one, tight end is not.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Disappointing. You whiff on 100 percent of the moves you don't make. This team needs help however it can get it. You don't need to forsake free agency entirely. That's not how most successful teams do things.

Going even beyond this, this is just bad PR. To be this loudly quiet on a team with so many needs appears to demonstrate to the taxpayers of Minnesota that, while you as a team expect them to invest in a stadium, they as fans can't expect you to invest in a product that's actually worth watching. Maybe it's not your intention. Maybe Fearless Leader Spielman has a super-secret plan to "go young" and "build through the draft." But that's not what it looks like from the fans' perspective.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 03-14-2012 at 05:49 AM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Some counter perspective to the mutiny ... Mark Craig of the StarTribune is the Author: Easy, folks. Here are reasons not to panic just yet about free agency | StarTribune.com

Signing overpaid FAs is not a short-term answer on a Team, ours, with needs at virtually every position. As we have discussed numerous times, the Vikes are in a hole. Like it or not (I'm not saying I like it), they are executing a long-term plan. I will be looking for progress on the field...and, largely agree with Craig, in that, if trophies were handed out in April, Washington would have more than they have room for. There will be no big name splash in Minnesota methinks. A TE here, an OL there, sprinkle in a DB or two, and the Vikes are nearing mediocrity................ No, I'm not happy, but, building through the draft is the best long-term strategy... Once a roster is more set, then you bring in a FA to plug the gaps. We shall see if they can pull it off.

This probably says it better than me... Dan Wiederer of the StarTribune is the Author: Quiet day for Vikings not exactly a surprise | StarTribune.com
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-14-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Adam Caplan @caplannfl

#Vikings are expected to have TE John Carlson in for a visit on Weds., source confirmed.

A fucking tight end! Way to address needs first. Great job Spielman. I was an idiot to call for your head so soon. It's not like all the talent got signed on the first day anyways.
    Might they be looking for Shiancoe's replacement (if they are thinking about letting Shiancoe go)?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Shiancoe is gone, he is a free agent now..

I know we are in a rebuilding year but i just don't think it takes that hell of a lot to make teams competetive and a few free agency signings here and there could and a nice draft could have gotten us back into contention fast, instead are a going to suffer now for a few years it seems and that to me is very disapointing.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Some counter perspective to the mutiny ... Mark Craig of the StarTribune is the Author: Easy, folks. Here are reasons not to panic just yet about free agency | StarTribune.com

Signing overpaid FAs is not a short-term answer on a Team, ours, with needs at virtually every position. As we have discussed numerous times, the Vikes are in a hole. Like it or not (I'm not saying I like it), they are executing a long-term plan. I will be looking for progress on the field...and, largely agree with Craig, in that, if trophies were handed out in April, Washington would have more than they have room for. There will be no big name splash in Minnesota methinks. A TE here, an OL there, sprinkle in a DB or two, and the Vikes are nearing mediocrity................ No, I'm not happy, but, building through the draft is the best long-term strategy... Once a roster is more set, then you bring in a FA to plug the gaps. We shall see if they can pull it off.

This probably says it better than me... Dan Wiederer of the StarTribune is the Author: Quiet day for Vikings not exactly a surprise | StarTribune.com
    This is the path I hope they follow. Build thru the draft, then fill the remaining holes with FA. No sense being hamstrung by having no cap space again next year and the following year, etc, by buying contracts that will hurt us for years. building thru the draft will create cap space for us later.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    It's not like the Vikings will be significantly better in 3 years with drafting players only. They have a history of screwing up the drafts (ie:Williamson, trading up for a no name QB named Tarvaris Jackson) but they also got some things right (AD, Harvin)..

The problem here is, if you don't add some good free agents with these rookies, by the time the rookies hone their skills, guys like AD, Harvin, and Allen will be on the tail ends of their careers, then they have to start completely over.

I feel bad for a guy like Matt Kalil (if the Vikings indeed draft him) for having to come to a team that is in complete shambles, having to protect a 2nd year QB with absolutely no help from the rest of the OL (releasing 2 starting guards in Hutch and Herrera)

What will that do for a RB like AD that is coming back from a horrible injury when he has no holes to run through? What will the offense be like when Ponder has no protection and nobody but Harvin to throw to?

Long story short, this team is going to suck horribly. I tell you one thing, this will be the first time in the 20+ years that I have been a fan of this team that I will not be wearing a single thing Vikings related here in Green Bay. I can take ridicule with the best of them, but I refuse to take it when the Vikings have the means to get better and all they do is sit on their asses and looked stupid. Can't do it. I can't wait for the day that Spielman and Frazier are fired. Neither one has a clue what they are doing in their respective positions.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast