Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    What was the use cutting players to get 23 million under the cap if all you are going to do was sit on your hands? Looks like another year of 2-3 wins (if they are lucky). No free agent wants to play for this team, they are a joke. We have a horrible GM, we have a useless HC, and the sad part is, we have owners who are willing to spend, but they hire people that are to dumb to be in their positions. Spielman ruined the Dolphins, and if I remember correctly, he messed the Bears up as well. Who honestly believes he won't do the same with the Vikings? So sick of being a fan of a team that just doesn't get it.

Also, I can easily see both Allen and Harvin leaving after this season. They both want to win, and they won't do it here. That is talent that is being completely wasted on a useless team.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Oh, so now we're going back 7 years?

Just settle down, we've been active 4/6 years in Free Agency... and still no Super Bowl. Might not be a bad time to try to build through the draft.
    How did you get 4 out of 6 years. We have 2 years listed. Unless you want to count signings like Madieu williams ( who i believe came same year as allen) We have had 2 years in 6 that we went out and did something. I went to 7 because phat pat was brought up. The issues is we stink, we cut Hutch to get more cap. We are lettign top talent go and will settle for D league WRs and you would think we signed someone.

So just to get this straight. The Vikings need some serious help in many different areas, are 23 million dollars under the cap, had a chance at a few players of desperate need, and yet we haven't heard one single word about them this entire day? All that tells the fans is that they don't care about winning so why should the fans care about this team, and whether they move out of Minnesota or not? This team is just a joke, don't know why I continue to support them after all these years.

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Really shouldn't expect much as far as big names. We really do not have as much cap space as one would think. If you blow all the cap space on one player and have all the holes to fill we have it is a disaster. I really do not think over spending on free agents goes well with rebuilding the team.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    I'm pretty surprised we haven't even gone after 3rd tier talent... at CB, that's a massive upgrade.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Steve Hutchinson was 6 years ago.
    BB was 4 years ago
    Allen 4 years ago
    Farve was 3 years ago

We have had 2 or 3 years active in the FA market in 7 years.
    Well 2 years ago during the uncapped year the Vikings were tied to the final 4 rule and only could resign players for the same contract value as the free agents they lost, which were 2 guys, Chester Taylor and Artis Hicks...after that they could pick up guys that were cut from other rosters.

Last year there were cap issues and I would think they might be keeping that in mind for the future as the team does some rebuilding, but he if people want to see teams making big splashes every year well there are the Redskins.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Adam Caplan @caplannfl

#Vikings are expected to have TE John Carlson in for a visit on Weds., source confirmed.

A fucking tight end! Way to address needs first. Great job Spielman. I was an idiot to call for your head so soon. It's not like all the talent got signed on the first day anyways.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 03-14-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    BREAKING NEWS: Vikings set up first visit of FA!!

Back up TE Jon Carlson is visiting tomorrow, and he will replace shiancoe, and back up Rudolph! Yay we are filling a glaring hole on our team... TE

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Adam Caplan @caplannfl

#Vikings are expected to have TE John Carlson in for a visit on Weds., source confirmed.

A fucking tight end! Way to address needs first. Great job Spielman. I was an idiot to call for your head so soon. It's not like all the talent got signed on the first day anyways.
    They are going to move him to CB. Gosh this team is terrible. We are a power rushing team with no Oline. How does that even make sense? That would have to be a necessity right? I mean you have to be able to implore your will on defenses right? Someone get me madden, cause thats the only way we win a game this season. As of this moment, we are the worst team in the league. Rams got better, Colts have a WR and I'm sure thier QB will play more games next season.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast