Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Great first day! However couldn't follow the pre-draft stuff after trying to read schefters tweet about the Cleveland trade and accidentally dropping my iphone to its death with excitement. Both picks were solid. most likely a starter on either side of the ball. A+ so far. Skoll!!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    So many needs, hard to mess it up. But, I thought Trader Rick did a tremendous job... Two guys that will help immediately, and multiple picks left. The gap between the #2 and the rest of the Safeties is clearly wider than the gap between the #3 WR and the next, say 5 or 6 to be taken. Good work IMHO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Browns: Rick, We'll give you our 1st, 4th, 5th & 7th round picks for your 1st round pick.

Spielman: OK
    No, I am going to give more credit than that to Spielman. I thought it was a brillant move.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think he told the Browns that if they didn't do this deal we would trade down with Tampa and the Browns would lose out on Richardson which was their #1 focuse in the draft. We have so many holes that Kalil, Claiborne or Blackmon would have worked for us. We really had nothing to lose by trading either way.

WWBGD

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I'm really happy with the Vikings' draft selections so far. To be able to draft Kalil and get 3 draft picks to boot really shows nice work by Spielman and Co..

I was especially happy with the Vikings trading into the bottom part of the first round and drafting Harrison Smith. In my opinion, Smith was the best player available at #29, and simultaneously filled a severe need for the team.

Given that the Vikings still have 10 draft picks, it would make sense for them to use 1 or 2 of those picks and trade up for a good second-round player, with emphasis on the WR and CB positions. Sounds like Trumaine Johnson of Montana could be a nice pick for the Vikings. Thoughts?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I thought Smith would have been there in the 2nd with our pick... Thought the move up was a little unnecessary... Would have rather had the GT wr. Steven Hill... We filled a need but I dont' think we needed to move up to do it... Hope it works out...

We definitely need a tall deep threat.. not sure where that will come from....

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    vikings came in with 10 picks, left the first round with Kalil, Smith and 10 picks left. My hat goes off to you mr. Spielman. Were are all the Spielman haters now? in the woods thats where.

psahni is offline Waterboy
    I'm still a Speilman Rounds 2-5 hater let's see what happens. If its mid-late 2nd and Janoris Jenkins is on the board I want to move back up and take him. I agree we needed safety but with a Solid cover corner and Winfield getting older why can't we move Winfield back there?

Also I really want a strong possession receiver -- not too crazy about YAC but a guy that can go up and get it. I like Tommy Streeter later. Another S would be ideal too and an OLB.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    Nice showing so far. Obviously Kalil was a must. Everything I've seen about Harrison Smith puts him at FS- solid pick. The best SS left are Brandon Taylor, LSU and Antonio Allen, South Carolina.
    Lot's of potential at CB and WR left, especially if we can get back into Rd2.
    For Day 3 or UDFA, how about another Moss? Dale Moss, WR from SDSU (local boy),
    wowed scouts at SDSU Pro Day, 6'3" 213, runs 4.41 with a 41" vertical.
    He is very high in his cuts and very deliberate based on what I say. NFL Cbs would eat that up alive. Not a perfect video just saying what I saw.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think you misunderstood. People never said he couldn't draft well with 1st round picks. Everyone wasis concerned with what he does with our mid round picks. We have to draft talent. We need to find a couple Anthony Hernadez's in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast