Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Also...remember that The problem was never high 1st round picks with Speilman. Its the crap he does with 2nd - 5 round picks.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Also...remember that The problem was never high 1st round picks with Speilman. Its the crap he does with 2nd - 5 round picks.
    Agreed! But even I have to give the guy an A+ so far. Hopefully that idiot Alfonzo Dennard slips all the way to the 3rd because of his pre-draft antics. Him or Janoris Jenkins. We already got our sure thing picks. Now it's time to take a risk / reward move.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

I agree as well. I would have liked Jeffery over Smith but I am happy with the pick. I hope we find a way to get back into the 2nd to select a WR. Expec tto see a crapload of WRs fly off the shelf.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Don't think we needed to trade up for Smith, but I'm happy.

After trading back I was freaking out, then we picked Kalil and my stress level plummeted.

I'm happy so far. Very happy in fact.

Cheers!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I agree as well. I would have liked Jeffery over Smith but I am happy with the pick. I hope we find a way to get back into the 2nd to select a WR. Expec tto see a crapload of WRs fly off the shelf.
    If you select a WR there or in 2nd round, then who should play safety in your eyes?, i think Smith was the perfect pick for us there and it was nice to see us trade up and not gamble in the situation.

With Abdullah not re-signed our current starting safeties without Smith would be Sanford and Raymond, with Frampton and Sandejo backing them up, we needed to do something about that and we did.. I like it..

WR is still plenty deep, S is not..

WR's still on the board:
    Stephen Hill
    Alshon Jeffery
    Rueben Randle
    Mohammed Sanu
    Dwight Jones
    TY Hilton
    Juron Criner
    Marvin McNutt
    + more
    There is plenty to have and plenty to like,

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    If you select a WR there or in 2nd round, then who should play safety in your eyes?, i think Smith was the perfect pick for us there and it was nice to see us trade up and not gamble in the situation.
    I like the pick. However, I believe I would have gone Jeffery and George Iloka.
    I really like the kid. He played Cb two games this season for BSU. 6'4 and 225lbs with solid ball skills. Mature kid and handles himself well. Looks like a LB in pads.
    George Iloka, Boise State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

With Abdullah not re-signed our current starting safeties without Smith would be Sanford and Raymond, with Frampton and Sandejo backing them up, we needed to do something about that and we did.. I like it..
    I agree it was a need. Higher than WRs. I simply had my preference in players. I gave Smith up since he was more SS like and went with Iloka.

WR is still plenty deep, S is not..
    WR's still on the board:
    Stephen Hill - Gone well before the 3rd.
    Alshon Jeffery - Gone well before the 3rd.
    Rueben Randle - Gone well before the 3rd.
    Mohammed Sanu - Similar to Boldin. Gone well before the 3rd.

Dwight Jones - Who is he?
    TY Hilton - Love this guy. Very small plays tough. Explosive. Already have him in Harvin
    Juron Criner - Big Wr. Not alot of seperation speed. Average hands.
    Marvin McNutt - Lacks seperation speed. Good hands.
    As you can see, come the 3rd our options are limited to big Wrs that lack the deep threat speed we want. Plenty of filler Wrs will be left. Thats why I wanted to take an elite WR and then fill it with the a Safety available later in the draft. Its easier to trade back into the 2nd if need be to get him.

TNViking is offline Starter
    Great draft so far. Got the OT to open holes for AP and keep Ponder upright and a great zone safety along with 2 extra picks. I agree we now must find a couple WR's with hands and speed, if possible. With all our picks we should be able to snag a couple decent players even if we need to trade up again.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I loved the three free picks. I really wonder what was said to Cleveland. It also gives us more than enough ammo to move into the second round to take a receiver. Two picks down two major needs addressed, really cant complain about that
    Browns: Rick, We'll give you our 1st, 4th, 5th & 7th round picks for your 1st round pick.

Spielman: OK

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    I loved our first round! But it doesn't mean much if we screw up on day two. Rounds 2-5 is the "meat and potatoes". It's in these rounds that the cream rises to the top. We have a lot of hole to fill and hopefully we can find some value picks in the middle rounds.

Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    Nice showing so far. Obviously Kalil was a must. Everything I've seen about Harrison Smith puts him at FS- solid pick. The best SS left are Brandon Taylor, LSU and Antonio Allen, South Carolina.
    Lot's of potential at CB and WR left, especially if we can get back into Rd2.
    For Day 3 or UDFA, how about another Moss? Dale Moss, WR from SDSU (local boy),
    wowed scouts at SDSU Pro Day, 6'3" 213, runs 4.41 with a 41" vertical.
    None

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast