Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

1st Round Thoughts

I loved the Kalil pick up, while getting a few picks from Cleveland. That gave us the leverage to move back up into the 1st and select Harrison Smith, which I am happy with. Overall, I think the maneuvering shows great foresight and gamesmanship by Spielman. So far, I'm giving us an A rating*.

*Rating based more on organization approach than players. Smith looks good, but now show stopping... The draft seems very thin this year.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    At first I didn't like the H. Smith pick but it is a need. My only thought is that he is clearly a SS. Does the mean way less Cover 2 and more Cover 3 and Cover 1?

I give the draft a A+ so far. We basically were able to move up for free.

At first I thought we were taking Stephen Hill and was ecstatic, but safety was a huge need. As long as our next pick addresses WR without reaching I'm a happy camper. Maybe move up for Stephen Hill if he makes it into the mid 2nd round pick or stand pat and grab Brian Quick or something.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I loved the three free picks. I really wonder what was said to Cleveland. It also gives us more than enough ammo to move into the second round to take a receiver. Two picks down two major needs addressed, really cant complain about that
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Very happy, got the first two guys i wanted.. I wanted Smith in the second round, but we pretty much got him "for free" with the Cleveland trade which was a great deal for us.. I don't know why Cleveland agreed to that, but we owned them right there..

Spielman had a great first day of the draft and i loved what he did, hopefully he can follow it up tomorrow.. Targets need to be WR + OLB or DB.

I don't have issues with Smith being a SS, he seems to be able to do it all, he is a pretty good tackler and seems to have some okay ballskills to go with it, so no more Sanford or TJohnson not intercepting the pass..

I was sure we were taking Claiborne and was elated we took Kalil instead, we have covered two major holes in our depth chart today and we couldnt have done any better in my eyes..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Brewtal is offline Starter
    So far so good. Still think the Kalil pick was a no brainer and glad the Claiborn was just a smoke screen. Claiborn would have been nice, but Kalil was the right pick for the team. We got some free picks and still got our pick.

Also like the Smith pick, bigger need right now the CB and it sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Still need a WR and there is enough picks to move up possably and get a solid pick. WR in my opinion is not a sure thing no matter where you pick them so we can still nail down a solid reciever.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    At first I didn't like the H. Smith pick but it is a need. My only thought is that he is clearly a SS. Does the mean way less Cover 2 and more Cover 3 and Cover 1?

I give the draft a A+ so far. We basically were able to move up for free.
    Mayock seems to like it.

Mayock's take: "This is a pick I really like. They haven't had a good safety in Minnesota since Darren Sharper left for New Orleans. Smith will step in right now. I think he's the best pure zone safety in the draft."
    Then again, didn't he say something similar about Tyrell?

I think this was a solid pick. There were others I would have been happy with as well, but definitely a position of need.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I can live with this. I wanted to go the first couple of picks on offense, because I think Ponder needs some weapons, but hey, we filled holes. Cannot complain to much.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Two of our biggest needs were filled today, lets just hope that day 2 is just as good. Spielman played his hand, very well, today....Congrats

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    If we can find a way to get back into the 2nd round and snatch Jefferys, I would be very happy.
    My sleeper of Jenkins in the 3rd was blown. They took him in the 1st. Lol. We really need to 2 WRs + DT + OLB +FS

I would still like to see
    4th WRs Tommy Streeter+ 4th TY Hilton
    3rd (future 2013) FS George Iloka
    3rd - DT Alameda Ta'amu
    5th - RB Chris Rainey

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast