Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: You got the RIGHT STUFF, baby!!!!

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Snow,
    maybe that's what the NFL needs in the playoffs: a series!! That would be great! Can you just imagine if this was already in place?! The best of 3 (played in a week's time); best of 3 in superbowl too! That way, teams like the packers who lost first round against the vikings, would have another shot at it!
    that is the stupidest thing I heard...leave to a cheesed!ck!
    Football is too physical to play a series. Bodies need rest, especially at the end of the season like that.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    what does it matter that two possible picks where dropped? The fact of the matter is that FAVRE did not get picked off! Period! Just like your boys beat my boys on Sunday, period! Right? I could exclaim how, if Longwell makes both of those FGs that he missed, the game would've been the packers by 3, or if he had made one of the two he missed, we'd be in overtime. Or that, had my boys on defense not screwed up in the penalty department (crucial minutes of the fourth quarter...in a position to get vikings' offense off the field, and decide to cough up a few first down penalties)
    How many int. could culpepper have had if not for some "errors" by my boys? How many times could Favre have been sacked, had he been in just the "right place at the right time" for the vikings' D?
    Blah! Blah! Blah!

You are correct....as it relates to the outcome of the game. BUT as it relates to Favre "being on a roll" and "not being stopped", you are viewing his performance through rose- (or in your case green-and-gold-) colored glasses. Yes, he did play fairly well...BUT again, he did throw two passes to the opposition...not something that a QB in "the zone" usually does! THAT is what I was referring to. But if you wanna play the IF game, let's throw in the two TD passes that Culpepper threw that his receivers dropped...if they would have been caught (and they were fairly catchable), then the Viking would have blown out the Pack. But I won't do that...I will just stay focused on your comment that Favre was "on a roll"...and refute that by reiterating that he DID throw two passes to our guys...and was TOTALLY LUCKY that they didn't catch them (one of them could have been taken to the house).
    Bono,

Cajun didn't mention something you yourself brought up. 3 times the Viking D got penalties on 3rd downs when they had stopped the Packer O which if I remember right led to 10 points for the Pack. Those points plus the 2 TD passes being dropped could have been a 24 point swing, and a much more humbling loss for the Pack.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Ultra,
    I will admit it: I respect Caine, and his knowledge of the game. I, however, am not scared of the guy. In the words of my aunt, he's "no big bad wolf!"
    The real question is: Is bono Little Red Riding Hood...or just red in the face because his Packers blew a 17 point halftime lead! :lol:
    We spotted them 17 points...just to make it fair!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Bono ... I thought you left these boards. Like 10 times .... just like a bad rash popping up at the most inopportune time.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

In the immortal words of Del Rio...Favre can toss my salad.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"bono" wrote:
    With season-ending injuries to some of our elite players (walker, green, davenport) and some crucial game-outers by one, Ferguson (approx. 2-4 weeks), it would appear to most folks that the Packers season is so far down the MISSISSIPPI RIVER! What's the purpose of even cheering them on these final 11 games, eh? Trade Favre to a team that appears to be in contention for a superbowl run, right? Fire Sherman, yeah? Let's not purchase this coming week's PACKER PLUS edition (which is what my packer plus boss is afraid might happen...low sales), huh? NOT!!!
    NEWS FLASH!!!!
    Favre's the MAN!!! We've got the RIGHT STUFF, BABY!!!!! Think about it: (note: i'm not making any excuses for my team's loss) Favre couldn't really be stopped (as has actually been the case as of late). He threw for like 200-plus yards and 2TD in first half, no sacks/ints entire game...finishing with a QB rating of over 121.0. And as usual, when Favre is on this kind of a roll, Sherman finds a way to stop him!!!! Now, I understand that the running game is important to an offense, however, let's face it: not when it comes to the Packers!!!! I know Favre, every blue moon, needs a little RB relief, but not to these great extents. One of my co-workers (not really sure if a true packer backer) questioned (while smurking) why Sherman didn't allow Favre to continue throwing the ball? He couldn't be stopped! He had at least another TD in him (could've changed the outcome of the game). I tell ya, the play calling (running the ball instead of throwing it) in times like these (when favre's in the zone) is oh so very STUPID in my eyes! Making matters even worse, everyone KNOWS that our running game is not where it used to be 2 seasons ago. Why put so much stock in it?
    I wonder if Sherman fears that-when Favre is in the zone like this-he will eventually throw an int/fumble the ball, and that's why he SLOWS down our offense ('cause face it, when we're running the game, we hardly get anywhere).
    Awwww!
    I just had AN ILLUMINATING DISCOVERY!!!!
    Packers running game fading away, means Favre and the passing game can rekindle itself!!!! Although I wish no injuries on anyone (esp. my boys), the packers' loss of their top running backs (however, they do have fisher and returning walt williams), will cause the team to have to depend on Favre (like they should ALWAYS DO) even more than before (you know, like during the days of GREAT SUCCESS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS!)!!!! And then, hopefully, when won't have to witness another Sunday, Oct. 23,2005!!!!
    Isn't it ironic how, it sometimes take something bad to happen, in order for something good to erect?!
    With that said, I NOW PREDICT a 11-5 regular season!!!!
    YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF, BRETT FAVRE!!! The fans just love the way you ignite the team!!!! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! The right stuff!!!!
    Tell me, Bono, what color is the sky in your world?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Del Rio Guest

I'm sorry bono I couldn't get past the first sentence when you made the mistake of calling your players ELITE! LMAOWITHBBQSAUCEONTOP

In honor of Brett's wonderful awe inspiring performance I give you this.

Packers are obviously represented by the kid on the left lol

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm sorry bono I couldn't get past the first sentence when you made the mistake of calling your players ELITE! LMAOWITHBBQSAUCEONTOP

In honor of Brett's wonderful awe inspiring performance I give you this.

Packers are obviously represented by the kid on the left lol

Del, that is seriously Laugh Out Loud funny. Everyone in the computer lab is now looking at me...that is probably the funniest .gif I have ever seen.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't know, I thought the LMAOWITHBBQSAUCEONTOP was pretty d@mn funny too!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234