Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: You got the RIGHT STUFF, baby!!!!

Snow,
    maybe that's what the NFL needs in the playoffs: a series!! That would be great! Can you just imagine if this was already in place?! The best of 3 (played in a week's time); best of 3 in superbowl too! That way, teams like the packers who lost first round against the vikings, would have another shot at it!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHA! Wait until Caine sees this.
    Yup, bono will disappear for months.

We should get something like the "Bat Signal" for Caine! :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Bono,
    The road to those 11 wins goes thru Cinncinati next week. Wait and see for the outcome of that game 1st to see how your team fares.

Unlike the Vikings, I can't forsee the Packs offense improving much from where they are. They have players droping like flies.

The O-line definetly has improved from week 1, but you have no running game to go with your passing game. Even with Ahman in there, he only averaged 3.3 yards per carry. And now he's out.

If you try to rely soley on your passing game, it won't take long before teams start blitzing often & getting in Favre's face.

We all know how "well" he plays when he gets rattled. :twisted:

Unless the new kids on the block come in and are "diamonds in the rough", & only 5 more home games & 5 on the road, I can't forsee GB finishing any better than 5-11.

Your remaining schedule looks like this;

@Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    @Atlanta
    Minnesota
    @Philadelphia
    @Chicago
    Detroit
    @Baltimore
    Chicago
    Seattle

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Ultra,
    I will admit it: I respect Caine, and his knowledge of the game. I, however, am not scared of the guy. In the words of my aunt, he's "no big bad wolf!"
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bono" wrote:
    Snow,
    maybe that's what the NFL needs in the playoffs: a series!! That would be great! Can you just imagine if this was already in place?! The best of 3 (played in a week's time); best of 3 in superbowl too! That way, teams like the packers who lost first round against the vikings, would have another shot at it!
    Then Farve would have double the pathetic look on his grill after we beat him twice! :razz:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"bono" wrote:
    You know Snow,
    some years ago, in the NBA (pro basketball) -when my Milw. Bucks were on a roll (big three: "suga" ray allen, sam "i am' cassell, glen "big dog" robinson) and made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals (a game seven) -the commentators, analysts and writers were exclaiming that the Bucks (even though they were one of the top 3 high-scoring teams in the league...whooped the then dominate Shaq/Kobe lakers; swept them, to be correct) needed some defense in order to get anywhere in the league. Defense? A team with one of the league's HOTTEST offenses...making it all the way to the conference finals (when "better teams" were already "gone fishin'"), needing more defense?! I felt like this: it wasn't defense that got the Bucks one game from the NBA Finals. It was sheer offense! If their offense worked this good for them, why not keep with that style? Well guess what, Bucks' GM, owner, etc obviously listened to what these writers, etc, were stating about the Bucks, and so took the frosting off this cake (i.e. omitting some of the team's offensive power) and replaced it with mustard (i.e. some guys, specifically Anthony Mason, who were know around the league for being good defensive players). Mustard has NO BUSINESS on a cake! In the end -the following season, that it- the Bucks didn't even make the freakin' PLAYOFFS!!! I couldn't believe it. My boys went from being a game away from the NBA Finals, to a lottery pick!!!! Un"freakin'"believable!!!!
    Anyways, I say this, to state this in response to your "D playing at a higher level " statement: Just because history shows that most successful teams in the NFL (or NBA) are those with great defenders, doesn't mean that a team can't be successful if they lack a great defense or visa versa. Think about it: The Buccaneers won the Superbowl a few years ago with -not a superb offense- BUT a GREAT defense! The Rams won a superbowl with -not a GREAT defense, but a SUPERB offense. These teams continued with what brought them success. They didn't listen to the nay sayers. Heck, if the Packers can go 11-5, win the North, win the NFC and make the SB on the arm of Favre, and little or no help from our defense (however, they're not as bad as was predicted before the season started...they still rank in the top 10 in the NFC), I say FREAKIN' GO RIGHT AHEAD, BABY!!!!

Bono, you are correct that the bucs had a great d that year and an average at best offense. That offense was one that was run "not to lose." I disagree with your statement about St. Louis though. They had a great offense there is no question about that. However, their D wasn't as bad as you make them out to be. I don't know the exact stats but I would say their defense was in the top 20 in the league that year. That is sufficient enough to win ball games and the superbowl. I have no idea what the packers defensive ranking after last week is, but I do know they are not good enough to sustain some miraculous run towards the playoffs nonetheless the super bowl. So let Favre have yet another great year in a 70-30 passing offense and let him ride out on his high horse. The only thing the packers are playing for now are to pad Favre's stats to try to get them high enough so Peyton doesn't break them all. Fortunately though, Manning will smash Favre's records!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    You know Snow,
    some years ago, in the NBA (pro basketball) -when my Milw. Bucks were on a roll (big three: "suga" ray allen, sam "i am' cassell, glen "big dog" robinson) and made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals (a game seven) -the commentators, analysts and writers were exclaiming that the Bucks (even though they were one of the top 3 high-scoring teams in the league...whooped the then dominate Shaq/Kobe lakers; swept them, to be correct) needed some defense in order to get anywhere in the league. Defense? A team with one of the league's HOTTEST offenses...making it all the way to the conference finals (when "better teams" were already "gone fishin'"), needing more defense?! I felt like this: it wasn't defense that got the Bucks one game from the NBA Finals. It was sheer offense! If their offense worked this good for them, why not keep with that style? Well guess what, Bucks' GM, owner, etc obviously listened to what these writers, etc, were stating about the Bucks, and so took the frosting off this cake (i.e. omitting some of the team's offensive power) and replaced it with mustard (i.e. some guys, specifically Anthony Mason, who were know around the league for being good defensive players). Mustard has NO BUSINESS on a cake! In the end -the following season, that it- the Bucks didn't even make the freakin' PLAYOFFS!!! I couldn't believe it. My boys went from being a game away from the NBA Finals, to a lottery pick!!!! Un"freakin'"believable!!!!
    Anyways, I say this, to state this in response to your "D playing at a higher level " statement: Just because history shows that most successful teams in the NFL (or NBA) are those with great defenders, doesn't mean that a team can't be successful if they lack a great defense or visa versa. Think about it: The Buccaneers won the Superbowl a few years ago with -not a superb offense- BUT a GREAT defense! The Rams won a superbowl with -not a GREAT defense, but a SUPERB offense. These teams continued with what brought them success. They didn't listen to the nay sayers. Heck, if the Packers can go 11-5, win the North, win the NFC and make the SB on the arm of Favre, and little or no help from our defense (however, they're not as bad as was predicted before the season started...they still rank in the top 10 in the NFC), I say FREAKIN' GO RIGHT AHEAD, BABY!!!!

Bono, you are correct that the bucs had a great d that year and an average at best offense. That offense was one that was run "not to lose." I disagree with your statement about St. Louis though. They had a great offense there is no question about that. However, their D wasn't as bad as you make them out to be. I don't know the exact stats but I would say their defense was in the top 20 in the league that year. That is sufficient enough to win ball games and the superbowl. I have no idea what the packers defensive ranking after last week is, but I do know they are not good enough to sustain some miraculous run towards the playoffs nonetheless the super bowl. So let Favre have yet another great year in a 70-30 passing offense and let him ride out on his high horse. The only thing the packers are playing for now are to pad Favre's stats to try to get them high enough so Peyton doesn't break them all. Fortunately though, Manning will smash Favre's records!

HAHA nice.. I like the Manning part :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Ultra,
    I will admit it: I respect Caine, and his knowledge of the game. I, however, am not scared of the guy. In the words of my aunt, he's "no big bad wolf!"
    The real question is: Is bono Little Red Riding Hood...or just red in the face because his Packers blew a 17 point halftime lead! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Packers suck! Get over it Boho!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"bono" wrote:
    Snow,
    that is the stupidest thing I heard...leave to a cheesed!ck!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast