Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: You got the RIGHT STUFF, baby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    ...Now look ahead to you remaining schedule and you illuminating discovery quickly fades away like your 17-0 lead at the dome.
    Ouch!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

YIKES, Singersp!
    My 11-5 prediction fading away like our 17-0 lead? [smurking just a little] (you do, i will admit, make this statement as though you've found the "salem brain"!!! That hurts!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    ...Now look ahead to you remaining schedule and you illuminating discovery quickly fades away like your 17-0 lead at the dome.
    Ouch!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bono, I can agree with most of what you have said, but I don't know how everything you point out in the initial post puts you and your team in any different position than they have been in all season.

Weight on Favre's shoulders, lack of D, and questionable coach? I thought the O-line would be worse than they are, but they are holding up well with the 2 vets gone.

It seems like the Pack has been in Favre's hand since the season starter.

It might just be your coach that slowed Favre's momentum. Maybe your coach should just let Favre play. He MIGHT be better off just letting Favre play balls to the wall.

But even if Favre plays like that, I don't know if it is good enough to go more than 7-9 without a D playing at a higher level. It has already gotten you to 1-5.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    what does it matter that two possible picks where dropped? The fact of the matter is that FAVRE did not get picked off! Period! Just like your boys beat my boys on Sunday, period! Right? I could exclaim how, if Longwell makes both of those FGs that he missed, the game would've been the packers by 3, or if he had made one of the two he missed, we'd be in overtime. Or that, had my boys on defense not screwed up in the penalty department (crucial minutes of the fourth quarter...in a position to get vikings' offense off the field, and decide to cough up a few first down penalties)
    How many int. could culpepper have had if not for some "errors" by my boys? How many times could Favre have been sacked, had he been in just the "right place at the right time" for the vikings' D?
    Blah! Blah! Blah!
    You are correct....as it relates to the outcome of the game. BUT as it relates to Favre "being on a roll" and "not being stopped", you are viewing his performance through rose- (or in your case green-and-gold-) colored glasses. Yes, he did play fairly well...BUT again, he did throw two passes to the opposition...not something that a QB in "the zone" usually does! THAT is what I was referring to. But if you wanna play the IF game, let's throw in the two TD passes that Culpepper threw that his receivers dropped...if they would have been caught (and they were fairly catchable), then the Viking would have blown out the Pack. But I won't do that...I will just stay focused on your comment that Favre was "on a roll"...and refute that by reiterating that he DID throw two passes to our guys...and was TOTALLY LUCKY that they didn't catch them (one of them could have been taken to the house).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bono" wrote:
    YIKES, Singersp!
    My 11-5 prediction fading away like our 17-0 lead? [smurking just a little] (you do, i will admit, make this statement as though you've found the "salem brain"!!! That hurts!!!
    You also fail to realize that your depth at the key recieving corps is also fading away. There's 11 games left and a lot of tough defenses.

The Pack is so desperate at the need to fill those positions, they brought in Freddie Mitchell to fill the void.

You dodged a bullet by not signing him.

Who will they bring in tomorrow for a tryout? Keenan Howry?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    YIKES, Singersp!
    You also fail to realize that your depth at the key recieving corps is also fading away. There's 11 games left and a lot of tough defenses.

The Pack is so desperate at the need to fill those positions, they brought in Freddie Mitchell to fill the void.

You dodged a bullet by not signing him.

Who will they bring in tomorrow for a tryout? Keenan Howry?
    I hear that Andre "Bad Moon" Rison is available!!! :lol:

Oh wait, the Packers don't like any references to "moon"...so I guess that he is out as well! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bono is offline Hall of Famer

You know Snow,
    some years ago, in the NBA (pro basketball) -when my Milw. Bucks were on a roll (big three: "suga" ray allen, sam "i am' cassell, glen "big dog" robinson) and made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals (a game seven) -the commentators, analysts and writers were exclaiming that the Bucks (even though they were one of the top 3 high-scoring teams in the league...whooped the then dominate Shaq/Kobe lakers; swept them, to be correct) needed some defense in order to get anywhere in the league. Defense? A team with one of the league's HOTTEST offenses...making it all the way to the conference finals (when "better teams" were already "gone fishin'"), needing more defense?! I felt like this: it wasn't defense that got the Bucks one game from the NBA Finals. It was sheer offense! If their offense worked this good for them, why not keep with that style? Well guess what, Bucks' GM, owner, etc obviously listened to what these writers, etc, were stating about the Bucks, and so took the frosting off this cake (i.e. omitting some of the team's offensive power) and replaced it with mustard (i.e. some guys, specifically Anthony Mason, who were know around the league for being good defensive players). Mustard has NO BUSINESS on a cake! In the end -the following season, that it- the Bucks didn't even make the freakin' PLAYOFFS!!! I couldn't believe it. My boys went from being a game away from the NBA Finals, to a lottery pick!!!! Un"freakin'"believable!!!!
    Anyways, I say this, to state this in response to your "D playing at a higher level " statement: Just because history shows that most successful teams in the NFL (or NBA) are those with great defenders, doesn't mean that a team can't be successful if they lack a great defense or visa versa. Think about it: The Buccaneers won the Superbowl a few years ago with -not a superb offense- BUT a GREAT defense! The Rams won a superbowl with -not a GREAT defense, but a SUPERB offense. These teams continued with what brought them success. They didn't listen to the nay sayers. Heck, if the Packers can go 11-5, win the North, win the NFC and make the SB on the arm of Favre, and little or no help from our defense (however, they're not as bad as was predicted before the season started...they still rank in the top 10 in the NFC), I say FREAKIN' GO RIGHT AHEAD, BABY!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Anyways, I say this, to state this in response to your "D playing at a higher level " statement: Just because history shows that most successful teams in the NFL (or NBA) are those with great defenders, doesn't mean that a team can't be successful if they lack a great defense or visa versa. Think about it: The Buccaneers won the Superbowl a few years ago with -not a superb offense- BUT a GREAT defense! The Rams won a superbowl with -not a GREAT defense, but a SUPERB offense. These teams continued with what brought them success. They didn't listen to the nay sayers. Heck, if the Packers can go 11-5, win the North, win the NFC and make the SB on the arm of Favre, and little or no help from our defense (however, they're not as bad as was predicted before the season started...they still rank in the top 10 in the NFC), I say FREAKIN' GO RIGHT AHEAD, BABY!!!!
    The Rams were 1.5 yards from losing that game. I see what you are trying to get at, it is a Cinderella story of sorts.

4 of your 5 losses were 3 points or less. That sounds like a lot of offense and a soft D. Playing close games like that you need a lot more D, unless you want to split a lot of them. You guys are do for a few more of those splits to go your way. Hopefully that is the Chi and Det games for sure.

AVERAGE TEAMS = .500 = hence the word average.

Right now the Vikes are an average team and we beat an average team this past week. The Vikes have to play more consistant both quarters before I call them anything more than average. I am not one of the posters that is proclaiming a 11-5 finish for my team, there is no evidence that we even deserve that yet. I can hope for that but I am not going to proclaim it. If I had a real good hunch, I might but I don't. Right now, I am going to say 9-7, slightly above average.

BTW, basketball and football are totally different. In the playoffs, you play a series, in football, you don't have that luxury. It is better to be balanced in football on O and D than to be lucky and win only having offense.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

LMFAO Singersp and greenBaySlackers!!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast