Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

You got the RIGHT STUFF, baby!!!!

With season-ending injuries to some of our elite players (walker, green, davenport) and some crucial game-outers by one, Ferguson (approx. 2-4 weeks), it would appear to most folks that the Packers season is so far down the MISSISSIPPI RIVER! What's the purpose of even cheering them on these final 11 games, eh? Trade Favre to a team that appears to be in contention for a superbowl run, right? Fire Sherman, yeah? Let's not purchase this coming week's PACKER PLUS edition (which is what my packer plus boss is afraid might happen...low sales), huh? NOT!!!
    NEWS FLASH!!!!
    Favre's the MAN!!! We've got the RIGHT STUFF, BABY!!!!! Think about it: (note: i'm not making any excuses for my team's loss) Favre couldn't really be stopped (as has actually been the case as of late). He threw for like 200-plus yards and 2TD in first half, no sacks/ints entire game...finishing with a QB rating of over 121.0. And as usual, when Favre is on this kind of a roll, Sherman finds a way to stop him!!!! Now, I understand that the running game is important to an offense, however, let's face it: not when it comes to the Packers!!!! I know Favre, every blue moon, needs a little RB relief, but not to these great extents. One of my co-workers (not really sure if a true packer backer) questioned (while smurking) why Sherman didn't allow Favre to continue throwing the ball? He couldn't be stopped! He had at least another TD in him (could've changed the outcome of the game). I tell ya, the play calling (running the ball instead of throwing it) in times like these (when favre's in the zone) is oh so very STUPID in my eyes! Making matters even worse, everyone KNOWS that our running game is not where it used to be 2 seasons ago. Why put so much stock in it?
    I wonder if Sherman fears that-when Favre is in the zone like this-he will eventually throw an int/fumble the ball, and that's why he SLOWS down our offense ('cause face it, when we're running the game, we hardly get anywhere).
    Awwww!
    I just had AN ILLUMINATING DISCOVERY!!!!
    Packers running game fading away, means Favre and the passing game can rekindle itself!!!! Although I wish no injuries on anyone (esp. my boys), the packers' loss of their top running backs (however, they do have fisher and returning walt williams), will cause the team to have to depend on Favre (like they should ALWAYS DO) even more than before (you know, like during the days of GREAT SUCCESS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS!)!!!! And then, hopefully, when won't have to witness another Sunday, Oct. 23,2005!!!!
    Isn't it ironic how, it sometimes take something bad to happen, in order for something good to erect?!
    With that said, I NOW PREDICT a 11-5 regular season!!!!
    YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF, BRETT FAVRE!!! The fans just love the way you ignite the team!!!! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! The right stuff!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: You got the RIGHT STUFF, baby!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    With season-ending injuries to some of our elite players (walker, green, davenport) and some crucial game-outers by one, Ferguson (approx. 2-4 weeks), it would appear to most folks that the Packers season is so far down the MISSISSIPPI RIVER! What's the purpose of even cheering them on these final 11 games, eh? Trade Favre to a team that appears to be in contention for a superbowl run, right? Fire Sherman, yeah? Let's not purchase this coming week's PACKER PLUS edition (which is what my packer plus boss is afraid might happen...low sales), huh? NOT!!!
    NEWS FLASH!!!!
    Favre's the MAN!!! We've got the RIGHT STUFF, BABY!!!!! Think about it: (note: i'm not making any excuses for my team's loss) Favre couldn't really be stopped (as has actually been the case as of late). He threw for like 200-plus yards and 2TD in first half, no sacks/ints entire game...finishing with a QB rating of over 121.0. And as usual, when Favre is on this kind of a roll, Sherman finds a way to stop him!!!! Now, I understand that the running game is important to an offense, however, let's face it: not when it comes to the Packers!!!! I know Favre, every blue moon, needs a little RB relief, but not to these great extents. One of my co-workers (not really sure if a true packer backer) questioned (while smurking) why Sherman didn't allow Favre to continue throwing the ball? He couldn't be stopped! He had at least another TD in him (could've changed the outcome of the game). I tell ya, the play calling (running the ball instead of throwing it) in times like these (when favre's in the zone) is oh so very STUPID in my eyes! Making matters even worse, everyone KNOWS that our running game is not where it used to be 2 seasons ago. Why put so much stock in it?
    I wonder if Sherman fears that-when Favre is in the zone like this-he will eventually throw an int/fumble the ball, and that's why he SLOWS down our offense ('cause face it, when we're running the game, we hardly get anywhere).
    Awwww!
    Packers running game fading away, means Favre and the passing game can rekindle itself!!!! Although I wish no injuries on anyone (esp. my boys), the packers' loss of their top running backs (however, they do have fisher and returning walt williams), will cause the team to have to depend on Favre (like they should ALWAYS DO) even more than before (you know, like during the days of GREAT SUCCESS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS!)!!!! And then, hopefully, when won't have to witness another Sunday, Oct. 23,2005!!!!
    Isn't it ironic how, it sometimes take something bad to happen, in order for something good to erect?!
    YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF, BRETT FAVRE!!! The fans just love the way you ignite the team!!!! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! The right stuff!!!!
    No INTs...ONLY because the Vikings secondary dropped TWO of Favre's passes that hit them right in the hands! I don't know what game YOU were watching!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

how can you predict that old favre will lead the packers to win out!?!!?!?

Go vikes!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think anyone in the NCF (central) North is going 11-5. Granted, the bengals are not as they appear, and IMO are overated. But ATL and Philly will be 2 losses. There D is good against the pass and IMO not as good in the run D.

I think your rational of Sherm decision to slow down Favre is right on. Favre gets on a roll then he gets too confident and wings one up for grabs. In Sundays case, I think that Sherm didn't believe that we could get down the field and score in the amount of time given. So he ran took 30 econds of, then ran 30 sec off called the TO before kicking the FG.

Lots of Luck and Cheer from me when you 'all play da Bears and the Lions.

Opps! Error. Please read the reply below

Cajun,
    what does it matter that two possible picks where dropped? The fact of the matter is that FAVRE did not get picked off! Period! Just like your boys beat my boys on Sunday, period! Right? I could exclaim how, if Longwell makes both of those FGs that he missed, the game would've been the packers by 3, or if he had made one of the two he missed, we'd be in overtime. Or that, had my boys on defense not screwed up in the penalty department (crucial minutes of the fourth quarter...in a position to get vikings' offense off the field, and decide to cough up a few first down penalties)
    How many int. could culpepper have had if not for some "errors" by my boys? How many times could Favre have been sacked, had he been in just the "right place at the right time" for the vikings' D?
    Blah! Blah! Blah!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

HAHAHAHAHA! Wait until Caine sees this.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bono" wrote:
    NEWS FLASH!!!!
    Awwww!
    An 11-5 season! :lol: :lol: I'll take that bet. You only need to look at the schedule to the caliber of the teams they played where Brett achieved a 93.1 passer rating.

Now look ahead to you remaining schedule and your "illuminating discovery" quickly fades away like your 17-0 lead at the dome.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters,
    I was sort of thinking the same thing! I'm sure Caine's gonna have a field day with this one!!!!! Oh well, let be what must be!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast