Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wow Here's a shocker! Packers to retire #4

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=43358.msg761673#msg761673 date=1208489608]
    I am guessing the Packers FO decided to retire his jersey as soon as possible before he changed his mind and asked to come back.

Hopefully Madden isn't doing the game, he wouldn't be able to keep his composure
    No, they didn't. They said shortly after he made his retirement speech that his number would more than likely be retired during the Packers-Vikings game at Lambeau.

As soon as it was announced that the Vikings would be their first game of the year, I knew they would retire his number that night & made a post to that effect.

The recent news that they are going to do it then doesn't surprise me in the least. It only confirmed what I stated.

With that said & after his jersey is retired, if he does decide to come back, would the #4 jersey be unavailable to him?
    :-\
    I remember the year before last when he wouldn't let anyone know if he was coming back or not, there was talk he wanted to come back, but with a different team.
    If he comes back it will be with adifferent team. Besides, the cold bothered him a lot more than Eli in the championship game. The cold was the difference in the game IMO.

I look forward to the Vikings making the retirement of Farve's jersey a statement about the end of an era.
    The Vikings will win in their house and take over dominance of the NFCN for years to come.
    Unfortunately, living in WI, I'll be forced to fucking listen to him on the damn radio for years to come, with him doing those Snapper commercials.
    Who's fault is that?
    Hey! I'm just trying to show this state what class looks like.

[/quote]

lol, nice save.
    I'll let you slide on this one for now

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

trippster is offline Training Camp

It really doesn't have much nto do with the Vikings at all. Mark Murphy (Packer CEO) decided to have it done during one of the first four home games so that it wasn't too cold. He then gave those dates to Favre and let him choose according to his schedule.

If Favre did come back, he could wear 4 again. retiring his number simply says that no one else may ever wear it. He will also go up on the ring of honor but I think that will happen some other time.

Halftime for Viking fans will be a good time to go get a beer...or you could take notes for when you retire Jacksons number
    ;D
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"trippster" wrote:
    It really doesn't have much nto do with the Vikings at all. Mark Murphy (Packer CEO) decided to have it done during one of the first four home games so that it wasn't too cold. He then gave those dates to Favre and let him choose according to his schedule.

If Favre did come back, he could wear 4 again. retiring his number simply says that no one else may ever wear it. He will also go up on the ring of honor but I think that will happen some other time.

Halftime for Viking fans will be a good time to go get a beer...or you could take notes for when you retire Jacksons number
    ;D
    dont you mean AD's number? lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"trippster" wrote:
    ;D
    LOL.. well done there Tripp.
    ;D

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"pack93z" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D
    He's also the All-Time interception leader... so you can revel in that too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D
    when you own almost all of the QB records at least one of them is bound to be bad. and actually his completion/int ratio is comprable to most of the other top QB's. He just threw many more passes.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D
    It is funny how you mention that. I have seen his new shirts in the store with all his accomplishments. They fail to mention that one.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"trippster" wrote:

;D
    I disagree. I posted an article about it before the schedule ever came out that they wanted to retire Favre's jersey during the Packer-Vikings game at Lambeau, whenever that happened to be.

As for Favre, he won't be back as a Packer. Signing the sack leader of 2007 sealed the deal on that.

The last thing Favre wants to do is be repeatedly picking his ass off the turf in the home opener.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Disagree all you want. That is what Murphy said and what is posted on the official packer site. I know you don't want to hear this but why would playing the Vikings have anything at all to do with it? You are not our biggest rival. the Bears are.

And I am sure you are correct, Brett Favre a 17yr veteran and soon to be HOF'er woke up in a cold sweat worrying about a guy that barely touched him last season.
    : :

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    Disagree all you want. That is what Murphy said and what is posted on the official packer site. I know you don't want to hear this but why would playing the Vikings have anything at all to do with it? You are not our biggest rival. the Bears are.
    I disagree whole-heartedly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast