Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Wow Here's a shocker! Packers to retire #4

You know being a Vikings Fan and I have only disliked Favre due to his jersey! The man has talent, Heart and commitment. I would love to have him around my team for a year in the locker room just to show everyone what its like to still have fun playing.
    I actually take that as a respect that they want to use the Vikings MNF game to retire the jersey. I belive that they also have
    the longer
    rival with Chicago and a MNF game they also could( could be wrong, didnt check) but I take it as a respect to be there for that to happen and have our younger players see that happen and show them that they could have that happen to them some day!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think it has more to do with that game being the first of the season, rather than it being the vikings.
    I could be wrong though, as the Vikings did wait untill the packers game last year to induct CHuck Foreman to the Ring of Honor.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am guessing the Packers FO decided to retire his jersey as soon as possible before he changed his mind and asked to come back.

Hopefully Madden isn't doing the game, he wouldn't be able to keep his composure

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I am guessing the Packers FO decided to retire his jersey as soon as possible before he changed his mind and asked to come back.

Hopefully Madden isn't doing the game, he wouldn't be able to keep his composure
    Its gonna be on ESPN so it wont be him.... Thank God

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

No, they didn't. They said shortly after he made his retirement speech that his number would more than likely be retired during the Packers-Vikings game at Lambeau.

As soon as it was announced that the Vikings would be their first game of the year, I knew they would retire his number that night & made a post to that effect.

The recent news that they are going to do it then doesn't surprise me in the least. It only confirmed what I stated.

With that said & after his jersey is retired, if he does decide to come back, would the #4 jersey be unavailable to him?
    :-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepowered" wrote:
    You know being a Vikings Fan and I have only disliked Favre due to his jersey! The man has talent, Heart and commitment. I would love to have him around my team for a year in the locker room just to show everyone what its like to still have fun playing.
    I actually take that as a respect that they want to use the Vikings MNF game to retire the jersey. I belive that they also have
    the longer
    rival with Chicago and a MNF game they also could( could be wrong, didnt check) but I take it as a respect to be there for that to happen and have our younger players see that happen and show them that they could have that happen to them some day!
    if also happens to help that its the season opener MNF game, theres going to be a lot of media hype going into this game, so they'll get the most eyes watching

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

No, they didn't. They said shortly after he made his retirement speech that his number would more than likely be retired during the Packers-Vikings game at Lambeau.

As soon as it was announced that the Vikings would be their first game of the year, I knew they would retire his number that night & made a post to that effect.

The recent news that they are going to do it then doesn't surprise me in the least. It only confirmed what I stated.

With that said & after his jersey is retired, if he does decide to come back, would the #4 jersey be unavailable to him?
    :-\
    I remember the year before last when he wouldn't let anyone know if he was coming back or not, there was talk he wanted to come back, but with a different team.
    If he comes back it will be with adifferent team. Besides, the cold bothered him a lot more than Eli in the championship game. The cold was the difference in the game IMO.

I look forward to the Vikings making the retirement of Farve's jersey a statement about the end of an era.
    The Vikings will win in their house and take over dominance of the NFCN for years to come.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I remember the year before last when he wouldn't let anyone know if he was coming back or not, there was talk he wanted to come back, but with a different team.
    If he comes back it will be with adifferent team. Besides, the cold bothered him a lot more than Eli in the championship game. The cold was the difference in the game IMO.

I look forward to the Vikings making the retirement of Farve's jersey a statement about the end of an era.
    The Vikings will win in their house and take over dominance of the NFCN for years to come.
    Unfortunately, living in WI, I'll be forced to fucking listen to him on the damn radio for years to come, with him doing those Snapper commercials.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Unfortunately, living in WI, I'll be forced to fucking listen to him on the damn radio for years to come, with him doing those Snapper commercials.
    Who's fault is that?

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Who's fault is that?
    Hey! I'm just trying to show this state what class looks like.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast