Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: WooooW!

  1. #21
    GBFan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: WooooW!

    well, he is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history, so of course they'll give him praise. If Montana, Elway, or Marino were still playing, you'd be hearing about them non-stop



    as for Peyton. He'll be getting A TON of buttkissing later on in his career, because, I think, that by the time he hangs up his cleats, he'll own just about every record a QB can own. He'll throw the most TD passes, throw the most yards, etc


    BUT, I don't think he'll ever win a ring


    Vikes have a good team and a good QB, but I don't see them winning it all with Tice as their coach, just my opinion. Tice just doesn't look like the guy who can lead a team to a Super Bowl title

  2. #22
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: WooooW!

    "bono" wrote:
    enough with the FAVRE bashing, Viking Lovers! E-nou-gh!!!!!! Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times, but hey, the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash; Tennis' Andre Agassi (did the match between he and Blake? Great comeback!!!!), Maria Sheravopa; etc, etc, get that same kind of kissin' (and sometimes MORE)...no one complains -except, maybe me.
    Deal with it. Culpepper's day will...will...will come. I would assume. Hey, Favre can't play forever...someone else will have no other choice but to take over the reins.
    It has been going on for 10 years and it is enough already!

    He won 1 supebowl, that is it!!!


    He is not the best QB to ever play the game!!!!!!!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #23
    GBMiah is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Re: WooooW!

    I dunno, I think Favre is going to have another great year statistically. He's faster and in better physical shape then he's been in sometime. 3500+ yds and atleast 30 TD's. Mostly because of the decline of our running game.

    I did not like some of the passes he threw in the Patriots game. It shows he's still succeptible to being rattled. Im hoping he can keep it to under 20 Int's
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

  4. #24
    GBFan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: WooooW!

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    enough with the FAVRE bashing, Viking Lovers! E-nou-gh!!!!!! Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times, but hey, the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash; Tennis' Andre Agassi (did the match between he and Blake? Great comeback!!!!), Maria Sheravopa; etc, etc, get that same kind of kissin' (and sometimes MORE)...no one complains -except, maybe me.
    Deal with it. Culpepper's day will...will...will come. I would assume. Hey, Favre can't play forever...someone else will have no other choice but to take over the reins.
    It has been going on for 10 years and it is enough already!

    He won 1 supebowl, that is it!!!


    He is not the best QB to ever play the game!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm not saying he's the greatest, but he IS one of the best QB's to ever play the game. You can disagree for the fact that you HATE the Packers and HATE Brett Favre, but that is the truth. Rings are not what make a great QB, because football is a TEAM sport. You win as a team, lose as a team.

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: WooooW!

    "GBFan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    enough with the FAVRE bashing, Viking Lovers! E-nou-gh!!!!!! Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times, but hey, the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash; Tennis' Andre Agassi (did the match between he and Blake? Great comeback!!!!), Maria Sheravopa; etc, etc, get that same kind of kissin' (and sometimes MORE)...no one complains -except, maybe me.
    Deal with it. Culpepper's day will...will...will come. I would assume. Hey, Favre can't play forever...someone else will have no other choice but to take over the reins.
    It has been going on for 10 years and it is enough already!

    He won 1 supebowl, that is it!!!


    He is not the best QB to ever play the game!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm not saying he's the greatest, but he IS one of the best QB's to ever play the game. You can disagree for the fact that you HATE the Packers and HATE Brett Favre, but that is the truth. Rings are not what make a great QB, because football is a TEAM sport. You win as a team, lose as a team.
    Even if you've got a good quarterback, if you haven't got a good O-Line you got squat. You got squat!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: WooooW!

    "bono" wrote:
    enough with the FAVRE bashing, Viking Lovers! E-nou-gh!!!!!! Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times...
    Hey troll! your saying "Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times" is like saying "Madden is a little nauseating". Why are you complaining about other teams when you got your own team to whine about?

    You might try posting a thread or two on one of the Packer forums. Try that way popular one packerIQ.com. They've been around a while and have amassed about 4 threads so far since their existance. I know you can type so your one of those "Gifted" Packer Fans. You might find a little more compasion on that site.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    GBFan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: WooooW!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "GBFan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    enough with the FAVRE bashing, Viking Lovers! E-nou-gh!!!!!! Sure, the butt kissing of my boy, does get a little "out of hand" at times, but hey, the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash; Tennis' Andre Agassi (did the match between he and Blake? Great comeback!!!!), Maria Sheravopa; etc, etc, get that same kind of kissin' (and sometimes MORE)...no one complains -except, maybe me.
    Deal with it. Culpepper's day will...will...will come. I would assume. Hey, Favre can't play forever...someone else will have no other choice but to take over the reins.
    It has been going on for 10 years and it is enough already!

    He won 1 supebowl, that is it!!!


    He is not the best QB to ever play the game!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm not saying he's the greatest, but he IS one of the best QB's to ever play the game. You can disagree for the fact that you HATE the Packers and HATE Brett Favre, but that is the truth. Rings are not what make a great QB, because football is a TEAM sport. You win as a team, lose as a team.
    Even if you've got a good quarterback, if you haven't got a good O-Line you got squat. You got squat!

    true that. I don't think the Packers O-line is THAT bad. I am kind of worried about the running game though, they didn't do a good job at opening up lanes for our RB's

  8. #28
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: WooooW!

    "GBFan" wrote:
    true that. I don't think the Packers O-line is THAT bad. I am kind of worried about the running game though, they didn't do a good job at opening up lanes for our RB's
    You don't think that losing two Pro-Bowl linemen and replacing them with "nobody" and "nobody" is going to decrease the performace of that line?

    They are not even remotely looking good. But, with only a few short hours until kick-off, I'll just wait and let you see for yourself. When Detroit blows past your line like it isn't there, image how much worse it's going to be later.

    And as for Favre, yeah, it's sickening watching the media wander about aimlessly wearing Brett Favre asshats. However, this will likely be the year that they are all suddenly forced to face reality. I can't wait to see the slough of excuses from the media-tards who have been blowing sunshine up Favre's hinder these past few years, ignoring the obvious fact that there are better QB's playing than Favre.

    Also, for the Favre-o-philes, consider this: Was Favre considered good because he was good, or was it because during the peak years of his career, all of the really good QB's were retired or heading for retirement? Seriously. All the previous "Great" QB's - who were all measured against each other (Montana, Marino, Elway, Aikman, etc) - started retiring about the time Favre was peaking. Favre was pretty much the ONLY "great" QB for a couple of years, then we got another crop of them...and now, when surrounded by quality QB's, Bretts light doesn't shine so bright.

    Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmmmm".

    Caine

  9. #29
    GBFan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: WooooW!

    dude, you just said Brett was peaking when the other greats were about to retire.....what do you think is happening now? The other QB's are peaking and Brett is close to retiring


    not a great example. You can think what you want, but I think Favre is one of the all-time great QB's to ever play the game



    also, obviously, losing 2 pro-bowl lineman is gonna hurt the line somewhat, but it's not going to turn them into one of the worst in the league. I mean, their O-line won't be New York Giants bad, thats all I'm trying to say

  10. #30
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: WooooW!

    There is, however, a significant difference.

    When Brett was peaking, he was the ONLY ONE.

    Now, you have Culpepper, P. Manning, McNabb, Vick, Brady, and several others who could go either way.

    Favre was ALONE. He was the NFL's "Golden Boy" because he was all there was to choose from.

    So, in my opinion, part of the reason that Brett became as famous as he is is that there was no one else in that time frame on the rise...no one to gauge him against except previous QB's.

    With the current QB stars in the NFL, there are other fantastic current QB's to gauge them against. And, because there are so many of them, they tend not to stand out as much individually.

    See where I'm going with this?

    Caine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •