Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Won't get fooled again

Green Bay Packers

Was Aaron Rodgers really all that? I know the numbers against the Vikings on Monday -- 18-for-22, 178 yards and a touchdown.
    He was efficient and deserves credit for not forcing any unwise passes. Keep in mind, the Packers faced a Vikings team without a quarterback and Rodgers was playing with the lead. Let's not anoint him the heir apparent until he shows he can come from behind when the opponent knows he has to pass.
    http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/2841

The same fans that said they Favre fans have once again jumped on the bandwagon. Pathetic how one can go back and forth so easily. I won't believe the hype. You are not that good.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Won't get fooled again

Now I have that song by The Who in my head.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Earworm....me too. I can also see forensics investigating a murder in Vegas for some strange reason.

not forcing any unwise passes
    Yeah, like that TD throw was a wise decision.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm still struggling to understand why over half the Vikings fan base was convinced he was going to suck in the first place.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Prophet" wrote:
    I have
    David Caruso and the opening of CSI Miami stuck in my head now.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm still struggling to understand why over half the Vikings fan base was convinced he was going to suck in the first place.
    For the exact same reason that over half the Packers fan base was convinced that Tavaris would suck.
    It's wishful thinking.
    I don't want to believe any of your players are any good.
    That certainly is quite different from reality, including your quarterback.
    Check back with me in a couple weeks, when I return to smack mode, and will forget this conversation ever took place... Good luck tomorrow. ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    For the exact same reason that over half the Packers fan base was convinced that Tavaris would suck.
    It's wishful thinking.
    Check back with me in a couple weeks, when I return to smack mode, and will forget this conversation ever took place... Good luck tomorrow. ;D
    It has been a couple weeks.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    It's wishful thinking.
    All I said was that after teams got a chance to see film on Rodgers, he wouldn't be as impressive as the Packtards made him out to be early....and I was right.
    He's a solid QB, and has a great upside, but he's fragile, and he's got a lot more games to play before anyone can say with any degree of certainty how good he REALLY is.

Jackson, however, has had those games....and he sucks.

Caine

dfosterf is offline Coach

"Caine" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    It's wishful thinking.
    All I said was that after teams got a chance to see film on Rodgers, he wouldn't be as impressive as the Packtards made him out to be early....and I was right.
    He's a solid QB, and has a great upside, but he's fragile, and he's got a lot more games to play before anyone can say with any degree of certainty how good he REALLY is.

Jackson, however, has had those games....and he sucks.

Caine
    No, you were wrong.
    Aaron Rodgers is playing like a top-tier quarterback in this league.
    He is also showing a toughness that any objective person would respect.
    As to the fans, I can't speak to the numbers or percentages, but I can speak for myself and those that have thought likewise... we supported the decision to part ways with BF and have been supporting AR from day one.
    To broadly characterize all Packer fans as flip=floppers is way off base, to an incredible degree, as many of the BF lovers still can't get off the man-love. I'm going back to the wishful thinking argument... if you want to believe that the puker nation is flip-floppin' or whatever, I say, whatever.
    If you really want some entertainment, head on over to PFT and see what's being said about (your boy?) Brett Favre and the 2009 season.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

isn't that the cubs fans annual october theme song?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast