Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Why do Vikings fans HATE the Packers?

I would say it has to do with the fact that we are an equal match with the Packers but they get more attention and media always wants to speak crap of the Vikings and always worship Favre and the Packers.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Uh, because they are the Packers!

Thats why! :wink:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Uh, because they are the Packers!

Thats why! :wink:
    :lol:

so true.

viqueenhunter is offline Rookie

"MensaTice" wrote:
    What's not to hate? pooping fullbacks, child-humping TEs, white trash qb who throws more picks than anyone ever but people act like he's god, that dump they think is a great stadium (we at least know ours sucks), mass murdering canibals, bud selig is from wiscy,
    G reen
    A nd
    Y ellow uniforms, incest, low literacy, cheese, miller high life, they're called the packers, etc...
    Maybe you haven't been reading your papers recently?? It's called clean your own doorstep before...ah the hell with it. I know this rivalry very well. My brother and his son are die hard viking fans. Growing up in Wisconsin, I have no idea why but there was that comet......... Anyway, Del Rio is right, it's sports and we always seem to hate the one on top. By the way... we are really enjoying Paul Bunyans axe again... thanks! )
    Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasions to change.

"MensaTice" wrote:
    What's not to hate? pooping fullbacks, child-humping TEs, white trash qb who throws more picks than anyone ever but people act like he's god, that dump they think is a great stadium (we at least know ours sucks), mass murdering canibals, bud selig is from wiscy,
    G reen
    A nd
    Y ellow uniforms, incest, low literacy, cheese, miller high life, they're called the packers, etc...
    Great answer. I hate the Packers for all those and more. Besides the fact that Capt. Obvious (John Madden) gushes over them just adds to it. A great analogy was the Yankees-Red Sox. It's that passionate a rivalry. Fans hate eachother, most of the players hate eachother, families get divided when the play. IMO its the best rivalry in football, others will obviously disagree and thats okay. I honestly don't know any other fans who completely hate eachother and the other team as much as the Vikings and Packers do eachoter. Not to mention the all time series is GB 44-42-1 with the Vikings holding the Playoff lead 1-0. The records never matter when the two teams play eachother. Its hard for me to say anything else to give you more insight only to as don't ever root for the Packers. Its like breaking the law.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

It's all a part of the rivalry.

The Packers are the closest (geographically) to the Vikings, therefore, there is a higher concentration of fans for both teams in close proximity. It's real easy to hate (or dislike a great deal) someone who is there, every day, reminding you of WHY you dislike them.

I live in southern Wisconsin. I am SURROUNDED by packer fans each and every day. I get to see the ones who are knowledgable about the game in general and can hold an decent football conversation, and the ones who can name 4 players if they're all named Favre, think they're Superbowl bound every year as long as Favre is there, and haven't the faintest clue what is going on in the NFL at large. I see a LOT of the latter.

So, each and every day, I get to renew my hatred of the Packers.

Add to that the fact that the Packers have been successful for far too long. This empowers the moronic Packer fans to talk crapola without being able to substantiate themselves. In short, they get to gloat, without ever really knowing WHY they get to gloat.

And it will be a VERY happy day when I get watch the lot of them wirpe those stupid smiles off of their faces.

So, support the Packers? Not at gun point. I'd cheer for the Lions or the Bears before I would the Packers. Hell, I'd watch the WNBA (And I hate basketball), before I'd cheer for ANYTHING Packer related.

That help any?

Caine

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

What else would you do with them?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"Caine" wrote:
    I
    So, support the Packers? Not at gun point. I'd cheer for the Lions or the Bears before I would the Packers. Hell, I'd watch the WNBA (And I hate basketball), before I'd cheer for ANYTHING Packer related.

That help any?

Caine
    WELL SAID

SKOL VIKINGS
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Caine" wrote:
    Thats the most retarded thing I have ever read!!!! :roll:

Where are you going to find a Packer fan smart enough to load a gun? :razz:

viqueenhunter is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Thats the most retarded thing I have ever read!!!! roll

Where are you going to find a Packer fan smart enough to load a gun? razz
    Right here......Bang Bang...
    Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasions to change.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast