Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Who is vikesrule on packerforum.com?

"trippster" wrote:
    Hello everyone. I am a moderator on PF.com and have been hearing about this site. Not all bad, good too mind you. However, I feel it is necessary to clear a couple things up.

marstc09, I am sure that you are a nice guy. What got you banned was a combination of things. First you insulted Cheesey by insunuating you had sex with his wife. Then you insinuated you would physically harm him when you made the statement
    "I will be at the first Packer game in Lamblow. I will come talk to you about this."
    http://www.packerforum.com/index.php...sh=25&start=25.

Personal attacks are not allowed on the site. Warnings are issued, followed by suspension and banning if it persists. Personal,
    physical threats are cause for immediate banning.
    We try to run a fairly clean site. We ask that everyone post as if their own kids will read their post. While razzing and insults fly, they are allowed with good intentions. Vikesrule (whomever he is on this site, I think I know) is a perfect example of a rival poster and how one should act on a rival site.

we encourage and invite rival posters from here to come to our site. However, we expect respect as people,
    just as we expect our members to respect you. You will get razzed about being a Viking fan but that is to be expected.
    I expect to be razzed here for being a packer fan .

As far as the delay in getting approved for membership to the site, all apps are screened so that the DNS address can be checked against banned individuals. this started about a year ago when some unruly bear fans and packer fans went over the edge and kept trying to sign back in with a different username. the address checking has to be done manually. While it takes a little while to get in, I think you will find the site enjoyable as if you were with your close friends who just happen to be packer fans.

Now, with all that done with, kudos on getting Allen. Should make it a little more difficult to pass on you guys. Have you done anything for the offense?

:-\
    You seem like a good/classy individual, so I apologize for the Jr. High band camp chatter.
    ;D

I look forward to my membership to be activated so I can rationally discuss/razz our fellow neighbors to the East.
    Good luck on next season too, I hope you finish just below the Vikings in the NFCN.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"trippster" wrote:
    Hello everyone. I am a moderator on PF.com and have been hearing about this site. Not all bad, good too mind you. However, I feel it is necessary to clear a couple things up.

marstc09, I am sure that you are a nice guy. What got you banned was a combination of things. First you insulted Cheesey by insunuating you had sex with his wife. Then you insinuated you would physically harm him when you made the statement
    "I will be at the first Packer game in Lamblow. I will come talk to you about this."

Personal attacks are not allowed on the site. Warnings are issued, followed by suspension and banning if it persists. Personal,
    We try to run a fairly clean site. We ask that everyone post as if their own kids will read their post. While razzing and insults fly, they are allowed with good intentions. Vikesrule (whomever he is on this site, I think I know) is a perfect example of a rival poster and how one should act on a rival site.

we encourage and invite rival posters from here to come to our site. However, we expect respect as people,
    just as we expect our members to respect you. You will get razzed about being a Viking fan but that is to be expected.

As far as the delay in getting approved for membership to the site, all apps are screened so that the DNS address can be checked against banned individuals. this started about a year ago when some unruly bear fans and packer fans went over the edge and kept trying to sign back in with a different username. the address checking has to be done manually. While it takes a little while to get in, I think you will find the site enjoyable as if you were with your close friends who just happen to be packer fans.

Now, with all that done with, kudos on getting Allen. Should make it a little more difficult to pass on you guys. Have you done anything for the offense?

I could give you a few pointers on running the ship over there.

Especially around member management.

It will always end with the Vest of Power.

I will tell you the secret shop to buy one at.

As the owner/operator on this board, I will say I appreciate your comments on how things are handled, and dust-ups are hard to manage.
    To be fair, you need to see all sides and take action on all sides.
    You will find here that we are fairly even-handed when it comes to rule breakers, be it members or guests.

In fact, I spend more time responding to email, doing support, and managing debates via email than I do actively modding the board, because at some point, battles need to be moderated and be done out of the public spotlight for both party's sakes....

At this point, I think the issue is dead.

All this talk just uses our star-power to give a big boost to their search engine rankings, and really, does anyone need to be assaulted with that color scheme?

SKOL.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

I could give you a few pointers on running the ship over there.

Especially around member management.

It will always end with the Vest of Power.

I will tell you the secret shop to buy one at.

As the owner/operator on this board, I will say I appreciate your comments on how things are handled, and dust-ups are hard to manage.
    To be fair, you need to see all sides and take action on all sides.
    You will find here that we are fairly even-handed when it comes to rule breakers, be it members or guests.

In fact, I spend more time responding to email, doing support, and managing debates via email than I do actively modding the board, because at some point, battles need to be moderated and be done out of the public spotlight for both party's sakes....

At this point, I think the issue is dead.

All this talk just uses our star-power to give a big boost to their search engine rankings, and really, does anyone need to be assaulted with that color scheme?

SKOL.
    "And I'm a continue to lay Vikes rap down, put the Pack down
    And if you Pack fans talk ish, I have ta' put the smack down...

It ain't nuthin but a V thing baby, PP.O and you know we not crazy..."

Webby laying the smackdown!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "And I'm a continue to lay Vikes rap down, put the Pack down
    And if you Pack fans talk ish, I have ta' put the smack down...

It ain't nuthin but a V thing baby, PP.O and you know we not crazy..."

Webby laying the smackdown!!!
    ya hurd?

whatchu know 'bout PPO...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

trippster is offline Training Camp

thanks for the offer to help "run the ship" Webby, I think we are doing just fine. Besides, we don't have a ship to run...we have frozen tundra!

I will take care of the "Loosecheeksmagee" monicker.

We actually don't have to do too much discipline in our forum. Mainly, it is simply taking out profanity and things like that. That usually comes from new members and trolls.

I will also PM Ryan (admin) and see why Zues and others are not on the site yet...
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

"trippster" wrote:
    thanks for the offer to help "run the ship" Webby, I think we are doing just fine. Besides, we don't have a ship to run...we have frozen tundra!

We actually don't have to do too much discipline in our forum. Mainly, it is simply taking out profanity and things like that. That usually comes from new members and trolls.

I will also PM Ryan (admin) and see why Zues and others are not on the site yet...
    I think he was joking about the member management thing if you read the next line.
    Webby wears a sweater vest and we all make fun of him for it...
    Apparently this is the secret to running a sucessful forum. ;D

Quick, somebody post a pic of the sweater vest!
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:

Your right! Wow I agree with a Packer fan. 1967 registered members is like a paddle boat compared to our 8000+ strong Titanic.
    ;D

"marstc09" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Your right! Wow I agree with a Packer fan. 1967 registered members is like a paddle boat compared to our 8000+ strong Titanic.
    ;D
    Probably because it takes 60 days to get an account activated, and by that time, the person forgot all about the original request to join.

trippster is offline Training Camp

aww comeon guys... were a newbie site. we have only been around for a couple of years.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

I think he was joking about the member management thing if you read the next line.
    Webby wears a sweater vest and we all make fun of him for it...
    Apparently this is the secret to running a sucessful forum. ;D

Quick, somebody post a pic of the sweater vest!

;D
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/vikeswin2005/Packersgame.jpg[/img]

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast