Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who is vikesrule on packerforum.com?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    Hello everyone. I am a moderator on PF.com and have been hearing about this site. Not all bad, good too mind you. However, I feel it is necessary to clear a couple things up.

marstc09, I am sure that you are a nice guy. What got you banned was a combination of things. First you insulted Cheesey by insunuating you had sex with his wife. Then you insinuated you would physically harm him when you made the statement
    "I will be at the first Packer game in Lamblow. I will come talk to you about this."
    http://www.packerforum.com/index.php...sh=25&start=25.

Personal attacks are not allowed on the site. Warnings are issued, followed by suspension and banning if it persists. Personal,
    physical threats are cause for immediate banning.
    We try to run a fairly clean site. We ask that everyone post as if their own kids will read their post. While razzing and insults fly, they are allowed with good intentions. Vikesrule (whomever he is on this site, I think I know) is a perfect example of a rival poster and how one should act on a rival site.

we encourage and invite rival posters from here to come to our site. However, we expect respect as people,
    just as we expect our members to respect you. You will get razzed about being a Viking fan but that is to be expected.
    I expect to be razzed here for being a packer fan .

As far as the delay in getting approved for membership to the site, all apps are screened so that the DNS address can be checked against banned individuals. this started about a year ago when some unruly bear fans and packer fans went over the edge and kept trying to sign back in with a different username. the address checking has to be done manually. While it takes a little while to get in, I think you will find the site enjoyable as if you were with your close friends who just happen to be packer fans.

Now, with all that done with, kudos on getting Allen. Should make it a little more difficult to pass on you guys. Have you done anything for the offense?

:-\
    You consider that a threat?
    LMFAO! Never once did I say I would physically harm him. All I said was come talk to me. As far as the sex comment. Cheesey stated that Viking fans have no nuts. I am a Viking fan. I said ask your wife how big mine are. Seems like he made the personal attack first. What are you not getting here?
    I'm not a mod or anything but I would think that this type of discussion would be better served in the PM area.

Probably the best way to get the issue ironed out without the fog that others will bring into it.
    I respect your point Marrdro but I have no desire to go back to that site. As far as I am concerned it is done.
    I hear ya my friend.
    I wasn't recommending you go there.
    Just PM with him on this site.
    I for one find the whole incident kindof upsetting.
    They lost a good/new poster (you) over a silly misunderstanding if you ask me.
    And we lost a few potential Pack39z's as maybe a few of thier good posters will now not come visit.

Again, all very sad if you ask me but you know how I feel about ya.
    I have your back on this.
    Just don't want a bunch of other yutz's involved causing another incident when the man is clearly trying to make amends/smooth things over.
    I agree. Who knows this might work out in the end. Could open some eyes over there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    I agree. Who knows this might work out in the end. Could open some eyes over there.
    Thats the Marr I know and respect.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D
    Marr? That is you.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D
    Marr? That is you.
    Sorry, getting my Marr and Mars confused.
    Old Marrdro must have took over typing there for a sec without my knowledge.
    I have him back under control.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D
    Marr? That is you.
    Yeah - he's Marr, you're Mars, and I'm PackerForums' worst nightmare:
    an intelligent Vikings fan with mad typing skeeelz.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D
    Well Done Mars..

And Zeus, you have a very good point on the renaming of account. My apologizes. It was done I think to loosen things up and not have a flood of people like the one that came over here to start trouble. But point taken.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The most recent example of how we treat the green and gold.
    For the most part PPO treated this intended idiot with respect considering his only intention was to start a fight and make an ass out of himself, intentionally.
    He finally came around then edited his original post.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=43877.0

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D
    Well Done Mars..

And Zeus, you have a very good point on the renaming of account. My apologizes. It was done I think to loosen things up and not have a flood of people like the one that came over here to start trouble. But point taken.
    I saved the little blurb that I had to agree to when I registered and that just struck me as a tad hypocritical.
    But, hey, it's their board, right?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=trippster link=topic=44282.msg766531#msg766531 date=1208962587]
    Hello everyone. I am a moderator on PF.com and have been hearing about this site. Not all bad, good too mind you. However, I feel it is necessary to clear a couple things up.

marstc09, I am sure that you are a nice guy. What got you banned was a combination of things. First you insulted Cheesey by insunuating you had sex with his wife. Then you insinuated you would physically harm him when you made the statement
    "I will be at the first Packer game in Lamblow. I will come talk to you about this."
    http://www.packerforum.com/index.php...sh=25&start=25.

Personal attacks are not allowed on the site. Warnings are issued, followed by suspension and banning if it persists. Personal,
    physical threats are cause for immediate banning.
    We try to run a fairly clean site. We ask that everyone post as if their own kids will read their post. While razzing and insults fly, they are allowed with good intentions. Vikesrule (whomever he is on this site, I think I know) is a perfect example of a rival poster and how one should act on a rival site.

we encourage and invite rival posters from here to come to our site. However, we expect respect as people,
    just as we expect our members to respect you. You will get razzed about being a Viking fan but that is to be expected.
    I expect to be razzed here for being a packer fan .

As far as the delay in getting approved for membership to the site, all apps are screened so that the DNS address can be checked against banned individuals. this started about a year ago when some unruly bear fans and packer fans went over the edge and kept trying to sign back in with a different username. the address checking has to be done manually. While it takes a little while to get in, I think you will find the site enjoyable as if you were with your close friends who just happen to be packer fans.

Now, with all that done with, kudos on getting Allen. Should make it a little more difficult to pass on you guys. Have you done anything for the offense?

:-\
    You consider that a threat?
    LMFAO! Never once did I say I would physically harm him. All I said was come talk to me. As far as the sex comment. Cheesey stated that Viking fans have no nuts. I am a Viking fan. I said ask your wife how big mine are. Seems like he made the personal attack first. What are you not getting here?
    I'm not a mod or anything but I would think that this type of discussion would be better served in the PM area.

Probably the best way to get the issue ironed out without the fog that others will bring into it.
    I respect your point Marrdro but I have no desire to go back to that site. As far as I am concerned it is done.
    I hear ya my friend.
    I wasn't recommending you go there.
    Just PM with him on this site.
    I for one find the whole incident kindof upsetting.
    They lost a good/new poster (you) over a silly misunderstanding if you ask me.
    And we lost a few potential Pack39z's as maybe a few of thier good posters will now not come visit.

Again, all very sad if you ask me but you know how I feel about ya.
    I have your back on this.
    Just don't want a bunch of other yutz's involved causing another incident when the man is clearly trying to make amends/smooth things over.
    [/quote]

Keep in mind that when posting on a "hostile" site the Mods will ALWAYS favor the home crowd.
    Those are people they correspond with - or at least read posts from - on a daily basis.
    You, as the outsider, are always a troll until proven otherwise.

That means that certain hypocrasies come into play.
    For example, "Cheesy" claimed Viking fans have no balls - a blatant insult.
    Was HE banned?
    Likely not.
    But your retort put you on a short list.
    By stating that he could come "talk" to you at the game further escallated the situation.
    Was it a threat of physical violence?
    Depends upon how the reader interpreted it - I can see the arguement for both sides.

Bottom line, behaviour that might have been taken with a grain of salt by a forum regular landed you in the pokey.

Now to be completely fair, I'd agree that the exact same thing might occur on ANY site where an insider and an outsider/interloper exchange mildly heated or charged posts.
    It's simply the nature of the beast.
    Did you "deserve" to be banned?
    Probably not.
    But since you were, I'd be interested to see how Cheesy was sanctioned - after all, it takes two to tango, and he led off.

Bottom line, when posting on a new board, be excessively cautious early on.
    Once you're known and accepted, the boundaries of acceptability are braodened a bit.
    Once you've built up some credibility, you can exchange more heated barbs with the natives.
    But, until then, your default setting of "Troll" is written in large neon letters over every post you make, and most mods on most sites will hawk you.

Just something to think about.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:
    Keep in mind that when posting on a "hostile" site the Mods will ALWAYS favor the home crowd.
    Those are people they correspond with - or at least read posts from - on a daily basis.
    You, as the outsider, are always a troll until proven otherwise.

That means that certain hypocrasies come into play.
    For example, "Cheesy" claimed Viking fans have no balls - a blatant insult.
    Was HE banned?
    Likely not.
    But your retort put you on a short list.
    By stating that he could come "talk" to you at the game further escallated the situation.
    Was it a threat of physical violence?
    Depends upon how the reader interpreted it - I can see the arguement for both sides.

Bottom line, behaviour that might have been taken with a grain of salt by a forum regular landed you in the pokey.

Now to be completely fair, I'd agree that the exact same thing might occur on ANY site where an insider and an outsider/interloper exchange mildly heated or charged posts.
    It's simply the nature of the beast.
    Did you "deserve" to be banned?
    Probably not.
    But since you were, I'd be interested to see how Cheesy was sanctioned - after all, it takes two to tango, and he led off.

Bottom line, when posting on a new board, be excessively cautious early on.
    Once you're known and accepted, the boundaries of acceptability are braodened a bit.
    Once you've built up some credibility, you can exchange more heated barbs with the natives.
    But, until then, your default setting of "Troll" is written in large neon letters over every post you make, and most mods on most sites will hawk you.

Just something to think about.

Caine
    Excellent post my friend.
    Excellent indeed.

;D

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast