Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bubba Jed is offline Starter

Where are all the Packer fans now?

What has happened to all the Packer fans? From what I've been seeing I don't see many Packer fans bragging about what there team has done in the draft. Didn't their team (The team that America loves so much to watch HA HA HA) do anything spetacular in the draft? The Vikings did pretty good overall I think, even though they didn't draft a top kicker. Anybody else notice this?
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Where are all the Packer fans now?

The vikes had an excellent draft but I thought packers got a steal with Aeron Rogers. Anytime you get the person that was predicted to go no. 1 this late in the draft, you got a steal. I just hope that he will suck big time.

brett43mvp is offline Waterboy

Hey Heres a Packer fan we managed to get what some people thought to be a number one pick at the 24 slot I would say that is pretty decent

Brett43mvp.com

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"brett43mvp" wrote:
    Hey Heres a Packer fan we managed to get what some people thought to be a number one pick at the 24 slot I would say that is pretty decent

Brett43mvp.com
    Unless, of course, he turns into Cade McNown or Ryan Leaf.

Rodgers just doesnt look like he will be good. That doesnt really count for much, but sometimes gut feelings about a guy mean more than stats.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Oh yeah and did you notice Rodgers saying, "I cant wait to work with the best QB in the league..".

I was thinking, "hey, have you even heard of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Daunte Culpepper or any of those guys?"

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

Aaron Rodgers was a good pick at 24 in my opinion.

Nick Collins, hmm...he's athletic, but I don't see much more past that...

Terrance Murphy is good, but Green Bay had so many bigger needs then a reciever...

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Yeah, he was a good pick at 24. However, this is an interesting situation...

For all of you Packer fans out there...how many years do you think Favre will continue playing? (most packer fans would probibly say anywhere from 2-4 years). So he plays out this year. Does he retire?

Option 1. Favre, once again, ponders retirement, but the packers offer him compensation to stay for another year, merely because of how much revenue he brings to the team and what the revenue would be without him. He bombs the next season, retires, then you MIGHT still have Rogers to start after two full years on the bench.

Option 2. The more plausible option. Favre teaches Rogers for a year, then respectfully retires (as i think he should have done this year, we dont need another Jerry Rice). Fans of GB (being ignorant) would be skeptical of Rogers and his abilities after the "shocking" retirement of Favre. If he loses a few games at the start of the season, confidence is shot, fans get pissed. However if he pulls it off and gets a few good wins then he will have the fans at his side, and maybe, just maybe, they will let go of Favre.

The long and short of it is that Favre is too much the center of the team. I watched the draft with my packer friend, and he was mad when they picked Rogers because he said that Favre still had at least 3 years in him (not kidding at all) and he did not believe the time was right to find a replacement. The absense of Favre COULD (not will) send the team and the fans into a downward spiral. Favre leaves the team, mostPack fans saw Favre AS the team...is it worth it anymore then if your star is gone? I honestly do not think that Packer fans will be as eagar to watch a rookie or second year QB play with an average offense and a bottom of the barrel defense.

What would I do in their shoes? Get rid of Favre next year. Yeah, I know...but they need to get past Favre and get it over with. Tell Rogers that next year the team will be his, maybe even play him in a few of the late season games depending on their playoff contengency, get him some experience and maybe it would help the fans cope with their anger. Also it would give him confidence and help him to focus on playing, not competing for a position. They need to get him comfortable and ge tthe fans comfortable with him before anything else, because lets face it, he is more than likely going to be the future of the Packers, unless he totally bombs. They qucker they get him out there and the quicker the fans get over it the better off they will be. But tahts jsut my view on what they should do, if they are smart they will follow that, if not then they might not be in a very good position in the future.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

i hope farve does play for 3 or 4 more years , with those lame ducks flying around the field for smoot and win to pick off.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

For now, I love Farve' just like fourdoorchevelle does ... I hope he continues to play even when he is on the field using a walker to get under center. Love the guy ... just more divisonal titles for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast