Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Just so I have this right.

    Favre won us a Super Bowl and made this team a contender for years to come. His supporting cast had nothing to do with it. The first ranked defense with both Gilbert 'The Gravedigger' Brown and Reggie White on the D-line had nothing to do with it.

    When Favre went 4-12, however, it was due to bad supporting cast.

    I just love the objectivity around here.
    Your turning on Favre for one losing season? 1 losing season in 16 seasons. No wonder he wanted out of Green Bay. You've matched that total in 1 season without him and are likely to double it this year. LMAO!

    Favre is by far the greatest football player to ever play for the Green Bay Packers.
    I'm not turning on Favre. It's just hard not to point out negative when half the forum has their heads so far up the man's ass.

    What I was trying to say is that no QB is great when given a horrible supporting cast. We have a very good receiving group, but our O-line is just horrendous.

    It's like the people over here want to crown Favre for every single great thing that has happend to the Packers while he was here, but he was let down by others when he loses.

    I'm not saying that Favre hasn't been a great player for us. He's been simply amazing and we've been blessed to have such a great QB for such a long time, but I'm pretty sure that that SB win etc. where just as much thanks to that HoF DE we had mauling on RTs and that huge DT who could just take multiple blockers into the QB. And then we haven't even talked about Desmond Howard who was for us what Hester was for the Bears when they made their SB run.

    And I don't know if I want to crown him our best player ever exclusively. Not with Bart Starr, Reggie White, Don Hutson, Willie Davis, Jim Taylor etc.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  2. #22
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    I wonder if they still have forgotten Brent. LOL, my guess is that it will be harder than ever right now. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

  3. #23
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Very witty indeed..

  4. #24
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Just so I have this right.

    Favre won us a Super Bowl and made this team a contender for years to come. His supporting cast had nothing to do with it. The first ranked defense with both Gilbert 'The Gravedigger' Brown and Reggie White on the D-line had nothing to do with it.

    When Favre went 4-12, however, it was due to bad supporting cast.

    I just love the objectivity around here.
    Your turning on Favre for one losing season? 1 losing season in 16 seasons. No wonder he wanted out of Green Bay. You've matched that total in 1 season without him and are likely to double it this year. LMAO!

    Favre is by far the greatest football player to ever play for the Green Bay Packers.
    I'm not turning on Favre. It's just hard not to point out negative when half the forum has their heads so far up the man's ass.

    What I was trying to say is that no QB is great when given a horrible supporting cast. We have a very good receiving group, but our O-line is just horrendous.

    It's like the people over here want to crown Favre for every single great thing that has happend to the Packers while he was here, but he was let down by others when he loses.

    I'm not saying that Favre hasn't been a great player for us. He's been simply amazing and we've been blessed to have such a great QB for such a long time, but I'm pretty sure that that SB win etc. where just as much thanks to that HoF DE we had mauling on RTs and that huge DT who could just take multiple blockers into the QB. And then we haven't even talked about Desmond Howard who was for us what Hester was for the Bears when they made their SB run.

    And I don't know if I want to crown him our best player ever exclusively. Not with Bart Starr, Reggie White, Don Hutson, Willie Davis, Jim Taylor etc.
    Hutson was ridiculous.

  5. #25
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "Johnson14" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Very witty indeed..
    Must be made in China or something.
    No way thats from WI.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  6. #26
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    480

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    For crying out loud packer bozos- his name is BRETT!
    Saw several signs at Lambeau with "Brent" and "Farve".
    For the last time, dude's name is Brett Favre.
    That's like holding a sign that says "We Want Namith".

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "purplehelmut" wrote:
    For crying out loud packer bozos- his name is BRETT!
    Saw several signs at Lambeau with "Brent" and "Farve".
    For the last time, dude's name is Brett Favre.
    That's like holding a sign that says "We Want Namith".
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Johnson14" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Very witty indeed..
    Must be made in China or something.
    No way thats from WI.

    You guys can't be serious... You're making the rest of us look bad. Please go back to sleep.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    Thanks C Mac

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "C" wrote:
    "purplehelmut" wrote:
    For crying out loud packer bozos- his name is BRETT!
    Saw several signs at Lambeau with "Brent" and "Farve".
    For the last time, dude's name is Brett Favre.
    That's like holding a sign that says "We Want Namith".
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Johnson14" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Very witty indeed..
    Must be made in China or something.
    No way thats from WI.

    You guys can't be serious... You're making the rest of us look bad. Please go back to sleep.
    LOL. Nice.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  10. #30
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    506

    Re: Typo, hilarious, or real t-shirt?

    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Just so I have this right.

    Favre won us a Super Bowl and made this team a contender for years to come. His supporting cast had nothing to do with it. The first ranked defense with both Gilbert 'The Gravedigger' Brown and Reggie White on the D-line had nothing to do with it.

    When Favre went 4-12, however, it was due to bad supporting cast.

    I just love the objectivity around here.
    Your turning on Favre for one losing season? 1 losing season in 16 seasons. No wonder he wanted out of Green Bay. You've matched that total in 1 season without him and are likely to double it this year. LMAO!

    Favre is by far the greatest football player to ever play for the Green Bay Packers.
    I'm not turning on Favre. It's just hard not to point out negative when half the forum has their heads so far up the man's ass.

    What I was trying to say is that no QB is great when given a horrible supporting cast. We have a very good receiving group, but our O-line is just horrendous.

    It's like the people over here want to crown Favre for every single great thing that has happend to the Packers while he was here, but he was let down by others when he loses.

    I'm not saying that Favre hasn't been a great player for us. He's been simply amazing and we've been blessed to have such a great QB for such a long time, but I'm pretty sure that that SB win etc. where just as much thanks to that HoF DE we had mauling on RTs and that huge DT who could just take multiple blockers into the QB. And then we haven't even talked about Desmond Howard who was for us what Hester was for the Bears when they made their SB run.

    And I don't know if I want to crown him our best player ever exclusively. Not with Bart Starr, Reggie White, Don Hutson, Willie Davis, Jim Taylor etc.

    Based on team wins, The Favre era is easily the best, also against many more teams than the 50's and 60's, Bart Starr's stats don't compare, (2 titles to 1) Taylor, Hutson, Davis, White are all Packer greats, but to not say #4 is is just being stubborn, Of course success depends on the whole team, But their team turned around when he got there, 70's and 80's were terrible, As much as I think he's helping us-I know he's at the end of his career. I hated him for most of his career, but always thought he was a great QB. I'm going with him as the best Packer ever.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The BEST T-Shirt ever!
    By NodakPaul in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
  2. Typo lands tourist 8,000 miles from destination
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 08:40 PM
  3. This is hilarious!
    By VKG4LFE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
  4. A real friend, a real American.
    By marcosMN in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM
  5. This is HILARIOUS!!!!
    By ChiTownVike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 09:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •