Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A truth... from a Packer Fan..

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If I was a Packer fan, I would be annoyed by the love affair the media has on Fav-re.
    I honestly think it takes away from his actual accomplishments, especially when Madden does it.
    It is so bad that it is oneof the most recognized jokes in the NFL, and I think it cheapens what Fav-re has actually done in his career.

God... it made me feel dirty just to type the words "If I was a Packer fan".
    I have to go home and shower now.
    I agree 100%, the constant attention he recieves is sickening... not only does it cheapen his accomplishments, it takes away from the other players around him. To be honest, I think Brett and some of the players are tiring of it as well.. to the point that they are starting to zip up when the constant Favre questions are asked.

I'll say this, and I thought I never would,
    your probably the coolest packers fan I've ever known....

Period.......
    Honestly, Favre deserves all the accolades he receives.
    As much as I hate the Packers and hate Favre when we play him, I always admire watching him play.
    He is what the game of football is all about.
    IMO the only media that overdoes it is Madden.
    Being a football fan I love watching how excited he gets when he's playing (not against the Vikings.
    I curse him out then) LOL.
    The only thing I don't like is this yearly crap about whether or not he's retiring.
    I've always said he's still better than most the starters today.
    He still has the stats year after year.
    His only downfall is he doesn't quite have the arm he used so when he tries to thread needles with his passes it gets him in trouble.
    All in all I am happy the NFL had and has a guy like Brett Favre playing.

Niceness off:
    I hate Favre.
    He fucking sucks!
    ;D

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If I was a Packer fan, I would be annoyed by the love affair the media has on Fav-re.
    I honestly think it takes away from his actual accomplishments, especially when Madden does it.
    It is so bad that it is oneof the most recognized jokes in the NFL, and I think it cheapens what Fav-re has actually done in his career.

I agree 100%, the constant attention he recieves is sickening... not only does it cheapen his accomplishments, it takes away from the other players around him. To be honest, I think Brett and some of the players are tiring of it as well.. to the point that they are starting to zip up when the constant Favre questions are asked.

Period.......
    Get a room!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:

Period.......
    I thought Bono was your favorite?

Are you in love again?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I can't say I'll ever cheer for the man. I can't say I'd wait in line for his autograph. I can't say I'd ever be happy to see him win in a Packers uniform...

But I do have to say, I respect Favre and the way he plays the game.
    -Sno

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Period.......
    Get a room!

=Z=

I did last night, with your Mamma !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

I respect Farve, but it won't hurt my feelings if he gets hit in the head

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    If I wasn't a Packer fan, I would be so sick of the media "crush" that they have on him, it would drive me complete insane. (Wait, I might be there already )

For that same reason, I couldn't stand Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Aikman, Bradshaw, and currently Manning and Brady. The media takes it overboard when it comes to the QB stars... They are great talents and Hall of Fame caliber QB's but it gets sickening to listen to the ass kissing that goes on with them.

So I understand the dislike for the attention that Favre receives, but alas I have one recommendation to make. Watch the way he plays, with the emotion and excitement of a little kid and embrace it.

Hate or Cheer for him, he is a unique player that doesn't come along that often in this league. I just wish the media would leave it at that and stop with the Favre propaganda and just enjoy what he brings to the game.
    Wow I never thought I would here this out of a Packer fans mouth. Much respect to you for posting it.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I can't say I'll ever cheer for the man. I can't say I'd wait in line for his autograph. I can't say I'd ever be happy to see him win in a Packers uniform...

But I do have to say, I respect Favre and the way he plays the game.
    I gave proper respect when he broke Marino's record against the Vikes earlier this season.

That doesn't mean I don't want his leg to be broken every time he drops back to pass.
    I think that's fair.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    If I wasn't a Packer fan, I would be so sick of the media "crush" that they have on him, it would drive me complete insane. (Wait, I might be there already )

For that same reason, I couldn't stand Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Aikman, Bradshaw, and currently Manning and Brady. The media takes it overboard when it comes to the QB stars... They are great talents and Hall of Fame caliber QB's but it gets sickening to listen to the jiggly butt kissing that goes on with them.

So I understand the dislike for the attention that Favre receives, but alas I have one recommendation to make. Watch the way he plays, with the emotion and excitement of a little kid and embrace it.

Hate or Cheer for him, he is a unique player that doesn't come along that often in this league. I just wish the media would leave it at that and stop with the Favre propaganda and just enjoy what he brings to the game.
    Wow I never thought I would here this out of a Packer fans mouth. Much respect to you for posting it.
    I think I am ready for a taste of what it feels like to have a QB that get's positive media attention.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

As a Viking Fan I have to hate Farve. Its a natural thing to do. But as a fan of Football I respect him as a player and what he has done in this game, Especially the Interception record . He is Hands down a first ballot Hall of Famer and it would be a huge injustice if he was not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast