Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Thanks for the memories Brett!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Favre the Faker will be back next year.
    I won't believe it until he is GONE from the sideline the first week of the season.
    Even then, I wouldn't rule out a Rocky Balboa type comeback of some sort, or at the very least a George Foreman comeback at the age of 40+ years of age.

You can't trust Favre any further than John Randle could fling him.
    I miss seeing that.

i shouldn't admit this but one of my best friends is a packers fan....he still doesn't want favre to leave.
    i myself can't see the packers without number 4 behind centre.
    but i'll take those blind long bombs all day, keep him in the lineup, it makes for an easy turnover.
    especially at the metrodome.
    favre is quoted as saying he hates playing there, and its the hardest place for him to play
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WVV" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "WVV" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    They better hope Brett can play with a walker...because that's how long they will need him with Rodgers as their backup...
    When I was at the HOF last week, I talked to a packer season ticket holder from Green Bay.
    He said they are screwed with or without Favre and not many people want Rodgers.
    You traveled all the way there to hear that from a cheesdick? I was saying that 2 years ago.
    LOL, I tried to ignore him but he kept following me around and woudn't leave me alone.
    LOL, that's understandable. Two of the top 10 things on a cheesdicks wish list is:

1. Packers season tickets
    2. A friend.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm 99 percent sure that Favre won't retire this season.
    He has too much to play for next year. (including the INT record)
    I hope he doesn't.
    I'd rather play Favre then Aaron Rodgers, its more exciting and its always fun to get a pick or three off of him.

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I hope he doesn't.
    I'd rather play Favre then Aaron Rodgers, its more exciting and its always fun to get a pick or three off of him.
    With or without Favre the Packers have more upside for next year than your almighty Purple Warriors.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I hope he doesn't.
    With or without Favre the Packers have more upside for next year than your almighty Purple Warriors.
    Oh, now THAT'S ballsy.
    You virtually hid your head in the sand for the past TWO YEARS, and now that the Peckers had a .500 season while we faltered, you want to come here and state the obvious like you're some sort of prophet of doom?
    And to what do we owe the honor of your presence.
    To what benevolent football god must we offer thanks for your poignant and insightful comment?

In short, where were your balls hidden for two years?

Very few people here are looking at next season as a break out year for us...mostly we're wondering what - if any - upside can be taken from this past debacle of a season and used as a building block for next season and beyond.
    And, mostly we're comming up empty.

On the Pecker end of things, I will agree that as of this moment your roster has more upside than ours.
    That can change.
    The soft schedule we were all handed played a rather significant role in your 8-8 final result...playing in a soft division didn't hurt either.
    Think you'll do that well next season?
    I'd wager against that.

Meanwhile, the complete disarray of the Viking Offense coupled with the loss of Tomlin has many Viking fans scouting likely draft picks for 2008 already.
    HOWEVER, and I put that in all caps for a reason, don't think for one second that we're planning on giving any ground to the Peckers.
    No one in Peckerland picked Green Bay to finish 2nd in the North this season...until right around week 14.
    And, as fickle as the gods of football are, I wouldn't bank on being there next season either.

Face facts, you don't have a powerhouse team right now.
    The BEST teams you beat last season were San Fran (Who no one picked to be any good) and Chicago...and calling San Fran a good team is a stretch.
    Other than that, you were blessed with 2 games each versus the perenially pathetic Lions and the Offensively impotent Vikings.
    Toss in games versus Miami (6-10) and Arizona (5-11) and that rounds out your victories for the season.

Still feel like gloating?
    Well, putting it in perspective, saying you're better then the Vikings right now is like saying you're the skinniest fat kid at "Fat Camp".
    You're the prettiest ugly chick.
    The smartest dumb guy.
    Get the picture?
    You may be better than we are right now, but you still suck.

I wonder if the Peckers get off to another slow start if you'll be back smack talking?
    We couldn't get you to shut up when your guys were winning the Division (Then choking all over the play-offs).
    A couple of bad years, and you guys vanished like cookies at a Jenny Craig meeting.
    Now, the brightest spot on your horizon is that you had a better record than we did.

I feel so sorry for you right now.

Caine

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Caine, that was fun to read.

i'll start the slow clap on that one....

i can completely relate to that post, having a friend thats a packers fan, we bicker back and forth, and in the end he always falls back on thier rings...a perfect example of this joke

"How many Packers fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

"3.
    One to complete the task of screwing in the lightbulb and 2 to talk about how great the old lightbulb was"
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleCanuck" wrote:
    i'll start the slow clap on that one....

i can completely relate to that post, having a friend thats a packers fan, we bicker back and forth, and in the end he always falls back on thier rings...a perfect example of this joke

"How many Packers fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

"3.
    One to complete the task of screwing in the lightbulb and 2 to talk about how great the old lightbulb was"
    not to mention how many sheep....
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

WaltzingMewelde is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    "superior230bartime" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I hope he doesn't.
    Oh, now THAT'S ballsy.
    You virtually hid your head in the sand for the past TWO YEARS, and now that the Peckers had a .500 season while we faltered, you want to come here and state the obvious like you're some sort of prophet of doom?
    And to what do we owe the honor of your presence.
    To what benevolent football god must we offer thanks for your poignant and insightful comment?

In short, where were your balls hidden for two years?

Very few people here are looking at next season as a break out year for us...mostly we're wondering what - if any - upside can be taken from this past debacle of a season and used as a building block for next season and beyond.
    And, mostly we're comming up empty.

On the Pecker end of things, I will agree that as of this moment your roster has more upside than ours.
    That can change.
    The soft schedule we were all handed played a rather significant role in your 8-8 final result...playing in a soft division didn't hurt either.
    Think you'll do that well next season?
    I'd wager against that.

Meanwhile, the complete disarray of the Viking Offense coupled with the loss of Tomlin has many Viking fans scouting likely draft picks for 2008 already.
    HOWEVER, and I put that in all caps for a reason, don't think for one second that we're planning on giving any ground to the Peckers.
    No one in Peckerland picked Green Bay to finish 2nd in the North this season...until right around week 14.
    And, as fickle as the gods of football are, I wouldn't bank on being there next season either.

Face facts, you don't have a powerhouse team right now.
    The BEST teams you beat last season were San Fran (Who no one picked to be any good) and Chicago...and calling San Fran a good team is a stretch.
    Other than that, you were blessed with 2 games each versus the perenially pathetic Lions and the Offensively impotent Vikings.
    Toss in games versus Miami (6-10) and Arizona (5-11) and that rounds out your victories for the season.

Still feel like gloating?
    Well, putting it in perspective, saying you're better then the Vikings right now is like saying you're the skinniest fat kid at "Fat Camp".
    You're the prettiest ugly chick.
    The smartest dumb guy.
    Get the picture?
    You may be better than we are right now, but you still suck.

I wonder if the Peckers get off to another slow start if you'll be back smack talking?
    We couldn't get you to shut up when your guys were winning the Division (Then choking all over the play-offs).
    A couple of bad years, and you guys vanished like cookies at a Jenny Craig meeting.
    Now, the brightest spot on your horizon is that you had a better record than we did.

I feel so sorry for you right now.

Caine

well said
    SKOL!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast