Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks 4 the memories FAVRE!! You'll be missed

Check out this article I spotted on the wire (associate press) regarding Favre and his "retirement":

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Facing Sunday’s season finale at Lambeau Field, Brett Favre says he still hasn’t decided whether he’ll return to the Green Bay Packers next season.
    And it’s occurred to him that the team might not want him back.
    “It is a business,� Favre said Wednesday. “And up to this point, we’re 3-12. And from a business standpoint, wouldn’t you think they’re sitting there going, ’OK, if we’re running a risk of this happening next year, we might as well save the money and put that money elsewhere for the future.’?�
    Packers general manager Ted Thompson said the team definitely wants Favre back.
    “Sure we do,� Thompson said. “And we’re assuming he will be back.�
    Favre has thrown a career-high 28 interceptions this season. He acknowledges he has made risky throws he wouldn’t have tried in past seasons, attempting to make up for a rash of injuries that has cost the team many of its offensive playmakers this year.
    But does Favre really think the Packers might try to chase him off?
    “I’ve said this over the last several years: It can happen to anyone. It really can,� Favre said. “I’m not immune to it. I think that the organization and myself have a great relationship, and they can be honest with me because I’ve always been honest. But that could happen.�
    Thompson dismissed speculation that Favre’s skills have eroded.
    “I think he can still play, and I think he still has the passion to play,� Thompson said.
    Favre said he and Thompson have had some discussions about the future direction of the team, although he characterized those discussions as “really nothing major.�
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Re: Thanks 4 the memories FAVRE!! You'll be missed

More of what Favre said:

“The easy thing to do is to keep playing because that’s all I know,� Favre said. “But as easy as that decision is, it could be the wrong one. Because maybe I, in the process, continue to play, but maybe I’m just not as productive as I once was, or maybe I’m not the type of player they need now.
    “Maybe they want to go in a different direction and they don’t know how to tell Brett Favre, ‘We want to go in a different direction.’â⠬?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

The only thing I am gonna miss from him is the laughs that I shared with my family and friends. We could always count on him to throw away the game these past few years. I'm really gonna miss him. :lol:

Well,
    outside of this season, I can't agree that Favre could be counted on to "throw away games." The Packers did hold the NFC North Champ crown for the past three years...winning records...Favre and his comeback kid herorics (sp)...not as many CRITICAL season ending injuries as this season, etc, etc.
    It would be nice if Favre returns for at least one more season, to redeam himself from this season. Think about it: the Packers run the risk of getting the number one pick (Bush) in the draft, plus Walker, and a host of other CRITICALLY NEEDED PLAYERS IN ORDER FOR SUCCESS, will hopefully be returning. I highly doubt that Favre or the team will be in the FUNK that it's been in for 99.9 1/2 % of this season. It's just not going to happen. Just like the Bears winning the division next season is NOT GONNA HAPPEN, ya hear me? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, KIDDO! As has been for some time, the North title will be fought heavely for between the Packers and Vikings.

What about the eagle game in the playoffs. I recall him overthrowing his receiver by atleast 5 yards and the ball headed straight for 2 eagles defenders and was picked off.

And then their was that one game against this one team called the Vikings or something like that, were he threw not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4, yes count em folks, 4 interceptions. If thats not throwing the game away, please... tell me what is.

SamDawg84 Guest

im goin to miss farve getting smoked by d lineman and stuff

come on now, you're nic-picking, man.
    What QB hasn't made a few costly errors? This season, however, Favre has made a host of costly errors...not very "Favrian" if you ask me. And as far as Favre in the post-season against the Eagles: it was our then horrible excuse for a defense that cost us to even go into overtime...leading to Favre's costly pick. Remember 4-26 or something like that?
    I bet you can't remember that magical night on monday night football, after Favre's father passed away, and he "tore the roof off the football sucker!" Oh, and let's not forget that game winning drive against the vikings on Christmas Eve last season.

That game winning drive was some dump passes and then a good run after the catch buy Donald Driver or something like that. Any quarterback could have thrown those little routes.

Yes he use to be good, but these past few season the guy just sucked.

Well, I guess I can say the same about a WHOLE LOT OF QBs.
    Hey, where's Culpepper?

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

So when is the thread "should the vikes get favre" gonna come up? and the tongue lashing and ridicule the poster that started it will receive in return.

I'll miss Favre, and his ability to throw the perfect interception.. lol. I can admit that I did respect his playing ability, just as I can easily admit he got to be borderline nauseating.. I'm assuming it was from the excessive ass kissing he would receive.. and still to this day.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast