Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sportscenter sucks up to Favre

theres a fine line some of you need to learn.

respect.

i dislike the hell outta favre because he is our rival.

but the guy flat out rocks. maybe he's not even close to the best right now.. but he's a great player.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You can root for Favre if you like...I won't be though. Yeah, he will be a HOF'er when he retires...but I don't have to like it. I respect his abilities...but don't want to see him doing well for our archrivals. And I don't think he is great anymore...he takes way too many chances...and he can't pull them off like he used to. So much the better for us, I say...let Favre stay in Green Bay for the next 10 years, it will only get better for us year after year!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

I don't hate farve, hate is really a strong word. Not get weird or anything. Yes he is one of
    (one of) the all time best QB's to play the game. Last time I checked it wasn't a one man show, it took a team to win. What I'm saying is farve had quality players around him and it made him better. Have farve play for the cardinals for the same amount of years and I bet his numbers wouldn't be as stellar. It takes a team gentlemen and the biggest problem with the media today is they don't focus on the team effort.
    Culpepper is on his way to being one of the all time greats, has a long way to go but it takes players like moss, carter, burleson, wiggins, bennett, birk and so many others to make that happen.
    I STILL DISLIKE FARVE WITH A PASSION! No matter what he's done in hi career.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm with midgensa on this one. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that Brett Favre is a hell of a QB. Sure, he is not top 5 right now, but all time? Maybe...for sure top 10.

His stats are phenominal. He takes pay cuts to help his team bring in players (Even if they are crappy ones). He's NEVER held out or demanded more money. He never demands the limelight. He's still one of the most dangerous QB's in the NFL. And, most telling, if he'd been in purple in '92 instead of in Green, we would have won 4-5 Superbowls (We had a much better supporting cast than Green Bay did).

I really only dislike 2 things about Favre;

1: The way the Media constantly talks with his jock in the mouths.
    2: He's a Packer.

So, as a player, and as a person, I respect the hades out of him. As a Packer, I hope he falls apart every game this year. Given the opportunity, I would GLADLY meet him/talk with him. Just like I would with Steve Young, Joe Montana, Payton Manning, or plenty of other past and present NFL'ers who aren't Vikings.

Does that make me - or midgensa - less of a Viking fan? Not in this lifetime it doesn't. We're simply respecting someone who has earned that respect over time. Rest assured, we're cheering against him on game day.

Oh, and yeah, I'd razz Favre if given the opportunity. But I'd do it like I would my Packer Fan buddies - with no malice at all. I only trash him here to get a rise out of Packer fans.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

Along the same lines we as Viking fans are allowed to discriminate against Farve and bash him and do as we please. Respect him or not, it has no bearing on my team. As a fan to me anyway that is part of the fun.

So if I say Favre sucks, it might not be true but I am a fan, everybody knows he blows anyway.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"Caine" wrote:
    I'm with midgensa on this one. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that Brett Favre is a hell of a QB. Sure, he is not top 5 right now, but all time? Maybe...for sure top 10.

His stats are phenominal. He takes pay cuts to help his team bring in players (Even if they are crappy ones). He's NEVER held out or demanded more money. He never demands the limelight. He's still one of the most dangerous QB's in the NFL. And, most telling, if he'd been in purple in '92 instead of in Green, we would have won 4-5 Superbowls (We had a much better supporting cast than Green Bay did).

I really only dislike 2 things about Favre;

1: The way the Media constantly talks with his jock in the mouths.
    2: He's a Packer.

So, as a player, and as a person, I respect the hades out of him. As a Packer, I hope he falls apart every game this year. Given the opportunity, I would GLADLY meet him/talk with him. Just like I would with Steve Young, Joe Montana, Payton Manning, or plenty of other past and present NFL'ers who aren't Vikings.

Does that make me - or midgensa - less of a Viking fan? Not in this lifetime it doesn't. We're simply respecting someone who has earned that respect over time. Rest assured, we're cheering against him on game day.

Oh, and yeah, I'd razz Favre if given the opportunity. But I'd do it like I would my Packer Fan buddies - with no malice at all. I only trash him here to get a rise out of Packer fans.

Caine
    I wasn't all that sure ho to step into this discussion, so i'll thank you Caine as you said almost exactly what was on my mind. As much as I hate the Packers, Brett Favre is one of the greatest of all time. Does anyone remember what he did the day after his fathers untimely death? That is what makes him great, his undying love for the game! Even the most die-hard Vikings fan has got to respect the career Favre has had.

Cheers!

Del Rio Guest

"midgensa" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Once again, what has this guy done since 1997?

The media has a wet dream over him just because he loves to play football. So do a lot of players.

He isn't even a top 5 QB in the league right now, he's still living off his superbowl win which happened almost a decade ago.
    The media was all over Marino until he retired too, part of the benefits of being an all-time great.
    He definitely has had some good years since 1997 ... just because you don't get to the Super Bowl does not mean you had a bad year ... though he is without a doubt not a top 5 QB in the league anymore. His QB rating warrants consideration though considering he had a 90 + QB rating the last two seasons.

I just don't see much the media can do differently as far as Favre goes. I mean he would have got blasted after the playoff loss, but Moss stole the show with that. He did get blasted after that god awful pass against the Iggles a couple of years ago ... what do you guys want the media to do? I mean most of the experts (except for Salisbury and Berman's sorry asses) do not call him a top 5 QB anymore or anything like that ... do you want them to just start sh*tting on him for no reason?
    Wow, you must be part of the media! THIS IS A VIKINGS FANS SITE YOU TROLL!! Defending Favre is like sacreligous, there should be a penalty for something like that! He has the media to defend him, he doesn't need you! :violent3: :thebirdman:

I'm gonna get in trouble for that one :laughing3: But he deserved it!
    Whatever, just because I can look at stuff objectively does not make me less of a fan, it just makes me smarter than those who cannot ...
    I don't know if it makes you smarter, I think very few people actually think the guy is horrible. I mean almost every one here will admit he is a HOF QB with some great numbers, great leadership.

A lot of people just don't really give a shit. Because he is a Rival. I don't think anyone who slobs on Favres knob like that is less of a Viking fan. I also don't think that if you know he is/was good and choose to say he sucks you are any less intelligent.

It just means you don't care to powder his ass on a Vikings board.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wow have I missed a great thread here.

Two Words:

FAVRE SUCKS.

What does he suck? Reporters.

Was he a good QB, yeah, but not Top 10 ever. Is it fun to hate him? Yes, especially since they caught Favre spooning Madden on the Madden Cruiser.

Just my 2 cents.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"audioghost" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Once again, what has this guy done since 1997?

The media has a wet dream over him just because he loves to play football. So do a lot of players.

He isn't even a top 5 QB in the league right now, he's still living off his superbowl win which happened almost a decade ago.
    The media was all over Marino until he retired too, part of the benefits of being an all-time great.
    He definitely has had some good years since 1997 ... just because you don't get to the Super Bowl does not mean you had a bad year ... though he is without a doubt not a top 5 QB in the league anymore. His QB rating warrants consideration though considering he had a 90 + QB rating the last two seasons.

I just don't see much the media can do differently as far as Favre goes. I mean he would have got blasted after the playoff loss, but Moss stole the show with that. He did get blasted after that god awful pass against the Iggles a couple of years ago ... what do you guys want the media to do? I mean most of the experts (except for Salisbury and Berman's sorry asses) do not call him a top 5 QB anymore or anything like that ... do you want them to just start sh*tting on him for no reason?
    Wow, you must be part of the media! THIS IS A VIKINGS FANS SITE YOU TROLL!! Defending Favre is like sacreligous, there should be a penalty for something like that! He has the media to defend him, he doesn't need you! :violent3: :thebirdman:
    I think trying to have an objective opinion is quite good sometimes; even when it goes against our homerism. Sometimes a little dose doesn't hurt although it is much more fun to simply rip on him since he leaves so much out there to jam on.

I'm accused of not being a big enough fan sometimes when I am objective and say this other team is good, this player is great, and admit we plainly had a bad week or whatever. But am I less of a fan? (how about this website) So I think that taking a look at both sides of the coin is great...as long as you end up being Animal Crazy for the Vikes. :lol:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234