Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: So you guys lose 3 in a row without Moss...

"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:
    Guess how we did without Ahman Green?

Unlike your overrated defense, we can survive without one major player, and unlike you, we don't have to blame the refs and cry for 3 weeks.

Packers top of the division.
    no you don't cry for three weeks .... the pack start off 1-4 and we haven't seen you here. They pull themselves up to 4-4 prior to playing the Vikes and we still haven't heard of you... then lo and behold after you manage a 3 point win, after chocking and nearly losing the game, we suddenly see you here.
    Try posting all season long like the other packer fans on here and we might even think you have something constructive to offer this forum
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

So you guys lose 3 in a row without Moss...

"GBMiah" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    DOnt matter, as long as we get the win im happy. Even if we are favored to win by 15 and only win by 3, im still happy with that. A win is a win and new england has shown many times how they can just eek out wins against opponents they are supposed to beat big time.

I agree wit the comparion part. Green aint nowhere near moss' league in how he shapes defenses. Green is just another ordianry rb. Hell LT, holmes, etc are better than him. Moss is in his own league and how he draws so much attention.

Farve to moss seems better comparion. And i almost bet gb wont go anywhere with peterson? or nall leading the way.
    Umm sorry, going to have throw the flag on this one, atleast for last season. Green Rushed for almost 1900yds and had 20TD's last season and defenses prepared for him just as much as anyone in the league, including Moss - Lewis or Manning. That is NOT "just another ordinary RB" This year is different yes, he's been injured but Moss has been injured more. often and other teams have seemed to be able to stop our run just a Little bit more then last year.

Moss isnt in his own league as far as drawing attention, there are players in this league that draw more attention. Manning, Vick, Owens, even Culpepper I think. Hes contending for the MVP this year.

Are you F*CKING serious or are you doing this to get people all roudy. Or are you :drunken: . :scratch:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

No moss doesn't draw attention like some players, the packers have just drafted CB after CB year after year for no reason. Moss gets hurt=Packer fans get cocky. Wait till he comes back. LMAO

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Unlike your overrated defense, we can survive without one major player, and unlike you, we don't have to blame the refs and cry for 3 weeks.

Congratulations, you won the first game without Ahman Green. The Vikings won the first game without Moss too! Let's see how you do over an extended period without him. We actually won the first couple without Moss, cuz he only played a half against New Orleans.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"GBMiah" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    DOnt matter, as long as we get the win im happy. Even if we are favored to win by 15 and only win by 3, im still happy with that. A win is a win and new england has shown many times how they can just eek out wins against opponents they are supposed to beat big time.

I agree wit the comparion part. Green aint nowhere near moss' league in how he shapes defenses. Green is just another ordianry rb. Hell LT, holmes, etc are better than him. Moss is in his own league and how he draws so much attention.

Farve to moss seems better comparion. And i almost bet gb wont go anywhere with peterson? or nall leading the way.
    Umm sorry, going to have throw the flag on this one, atleast for last season. Green Rushed for almost 1900yds and had 20TD's last season and defenses prepared for him just as much as anyone in the league, including Moss - Lewis or Manning. That is NOT "just another ordinary RB" This year is different yes, he's been injured but Moss has been injured more. often and other teams have seemed to be able to stop our run just a Little bit more then last year.

Moss isnt in his own league as far as drawing attention, there are players in this league that draw more attention. Manning, Vick, Owens, even Culpepper I think. Hes contending for the MVP this year.
    I don't see how you can compare Moss to Manning, Vick and Culpepper!? They play different positions. Of course teams are going to plan differently for Manning, Vick and Culpepper, they are quarterbacks!! Owens can be compared to Moss, but Moss is still better than Owens. Moss 8 TDs this year in 3 and a half games, TO 13 in 10. Enough said!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

With all the packer fans holding up signs gloating over Moss's absence, not to mention the UW badger marching band with the letters that spelled "where's Randy" (or something like that) on their tubas, GAPF wants to compare Moss to green? If green can't play on Dec. 24 I don't think that the fans of the beloved Purple and Gold will really care, much less take the time to construct any posters to bring to the game. Yes we lost the game AT lambeau and WITHOUT Moss by three points. There were some questionable calls but the game shouldn't have come down to it, so be it. Also, any packer fan that doesn't think that Randy saw those signs and that he WILL remember them come Christmas Eve is foolish. My advice to any packer fan on that day is to hit the eggnog early and often (well, even earlier and more often than usual) because it is going to be a long day for the green and yellow. Be afraid...be very afraid

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:

no you don't cry for three weeks .... the pack start off 1-4 and we haven't seen you here. They pull themselves up to 4-4 prior to playing the Vikes and we still haven't heard of you... then lo and behold after you manage a 3 point win, after chocking and nearly losing the game, we suddenly see you here.
    Try posting all season long like the other packer fans on here and we might even think you have something constructive to offer this forum
    You forgot to mention that they did it beating teams with LOSING RECORDS. The ONLY team they beat with a winning record is Minnesota, and they needed the Refs to give them that one (kind of like the Washington game).

By the way, GopherAndPackFan, stating a fact - supportable with evidence - is not crying or whining...it is simply stating a FACT. Just because that FACT refutes your hyperinflated opinion of your team doesn't make it any less valid.

Caine

GBMiah is offline Rookie

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Are you F*CKING serious or are you doing this to get people all roudy. Or are you :drunken: . :scratch:
    Ok.. let me say it again. Moss IS NOT in his own league as far as drawing concern from opposing Defensive Coordinaters. There are several players in this league that would cause more concern for a DC then Moss. One of them Being Culpepper. Manning, Vick, Hell even Holmes the TD machine could be considered.

In listening to the sportscasters talk about the Vikings, who do they talk about? even before Moss went down.. They talked about Culpepper almost exclusively and the record setting year he was having. Culpepper is more of a Coordinaters nightmare right now then Moss. And was so before Moss got hurt.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"GBMiah" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Ok.. let me say it again. Moss IS NOT in his own league as far as drawing concern from opposing Defensive Coordinaters. There are several players in this league that would cause more concern for a DC then Moss. One of them Being Culpepper. Manning, Vick, Hell even Holmes the TD machine could be considered.

In listening to the sportscasters talk about the Vikings, who do they talk about? even before Moss went down.. They talked about Culpepper almost exclusively and the record setting year he was having. Culpepper is more of a Coordinaters nightmare right now then Moss. And was so before Moss got hurt.
    I can see GBMiah's point here. Moss is a great receiver - no one can dispute that without being placed in an "I-love-me" jacket. But, to say that Moss is the single most dangerous man in the NFL is a bit presumptuous.

Do I think Green is in that category yet? No, not really. He's dangerous, and was on the threshhold last season, but he faltered early this season and Favre has gotten hot. I think Green bay would do better without Green than Favre.

As for some of the others GBMiah mentions - I would again agree. Each one of those players is effective, and DC's sweat bullets trying to find ways to stop/contain them.

And the last statement about Culpepper being the rave before Moss went down - Look what has heppened since Moss went down. Without Randy, the Offense struggled to find their identity - finding it at last in Nate Burleson's spectacular play.

Culpepper is great and Moss is great, but they are even better together. Like Manning and Harrison or Montana and Rice.

However, if the question was "Which Receiver is the most dangerous in the NFL", hands down it's Moss.

Caine

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

still how could brett be as good as randy? defenses bring up their safety w/out moss, but vis versa w/ him. it helps our run and opens thigns up.
    brett, if u rush him he'll give u ducks and plenty of turnovers. maybe if he was younger....

go vikes!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast