Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GBMiah is offline Rookie

So you guys lose 3 in a row without Moss...

Honestly though, I see alot of the Viking faithful quite often listing as a chief excuse for the losing (just snapped) streak is the loss of Moss. I dont by it, and I dont because of the Vikings self destruction last year, WITH Moss.

Thoughts?
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

skogs02 is offline Starter

this years team is not even close to last years.Much better this year.Lots of different players this year.Cant compare this year with last year

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: So you guys lose 3 in a row without Moss...

"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:
    Guess how we did without Ahman Green?

Unlike your overrated defense, we can survive without one major player, and unlike you, we don't have to blame the refs and cry for 3 weeks.

Packers top of the division.
    Yeah, right... :roll: The fudgepackers squeaked by again on the foot of the kicker. Real decisive... :bs: Go back to huffing CheeseWhiz cans. :bootyshake:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

GBMiah is offline Rookie

"skogs02" wrote:
    this years team is not even close to last years.Much better this year.Lots of different players this year.Cant compare this year with last year
    I dont watch all the Vikings games, but I have seen quite a bit of them this year as compared to last year, but I dont see a huge difference in the Vikes this year over last year. The defense is a bit worse (current ranking lower then last seasons ending ranking?) Offense seems a bit more potent this year then last year (if you can believe that) But overall not a huge difference from what I've seen. And it shows in the current state of the Vikings so far. Looking like a 9-7 team based on the performance of the last 4 games. One thing this team DOES have over last years team is the unquestionable desire not to repeast last years horrendous collapse.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

skogs02 is offline Starter

gotta remember last year we were losing to horrible teams(worst 4 in the league), this year we are barely losing to the top teams(philly,indy) and beating teams we should be able to beat

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

DOnt matter, as long as we get the win im happy. Even if we are favored to win by 15 and only win by 3, im still happy with that. A win is a win and new england has shown many times how they can just eek out wins against opponents they are supposed to beat big time.

I agree wit the comparion part. Green aint nowhere near moss' league in how he shapes defenses. Green is just another ordianry rb. Hell LT, holmes, etc are better than him. Moss is in his own league and how he draws so much attention.

Farve to moss seems better comparion. And i almost bet gb wont go anywhere with peterson? or nall leading the way.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

[/quote]Oh, you mean last year when you came off a bye week? [/quote]

You gotta admit that the schedule makers had it out for the Vikes two years in a row. You shouldn't have to play a conference game as the other team comes off the bye, let alone a divisional game, and our chief rival at that. The Vikings played an AFC team (Houston) coming out of our bye. You can't get anymore meaningless than that.

Don't give me any of the "conspiracy - and you're a bunch of whiners' crap". This is a legitimate complaint against the league.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: So you guys lose 3 in a row without Moss...

"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:

Packers top of the division.
    [size=7px][/size]

And when the Rams and Philly whip your a$$, you will be back at
    the bottom- HAHAHA
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    DOnt matter, as long as we get the win im happy. Even if we are favored to win by 15 and only win by 3, im still happy with that. A win is a win and new england has shown many times how they can just eek out wins against opponents they are supposed to beat big time.

I agree wit the comparion part. Green aint nowhere near moss' league in how he shapes defenses. Green is just another ordianry rb. Hell LT, holmes, etc are better than him. Moss is in his own league and how he draws so much attention.

Farve to moss seems better comparion. And i almost bet gb wont go anywhere with peterson? or nall leading the way.
    Umm sorry, going to have throw the flag on this one, atleast for last season. Green Rushed for almost 1900yds and had 20TD's last season and defenses prepared for him just as much as anyone in the league, including Moss - Lewis or Manning. That is NOT "just another ordinary RB" This year is different yes, he's been injured but Moss has been injured more. often and other teams have seemed to be able to stop our run just a Little bit more then last year.

Moss isnt in his own league as far as drawing attention, there are players in this league that draw more attention. Manning, Vick, Owens, even Culpepper I think. Hes contending for the MVP this year.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"GBMiah" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

First off you can't put QBs in there because they always draw more attention than any other player (the touch the ball every play). Moss influences defenses more than any other player in the league, citing stats doesn't mean anything. ASk any "expert". Moss is more useful as a decoy than the majority of players who are healthy

Our recent struggles are not due to the loss of Moss though. There has been a drop off in offensive protection, butour defense has cost us those games.

Umm sorry, going to have throw the flag on this one, atleast for last season. Green Rushed for almost 1900yds and had 20TD's last season and defenses prepared for him just as much as anyone in the league, including Moss - Lewis or Manning. That is NOT "just another ordinary RB" This year is different yes, he's been injured but Moss has been injured more. often and other teams have seemed to be able to stop our run just a Little bit more then last year.

Moss isnt in his own league as far as drawing attention, there are players in this league that draw more attention. Manning, Vick, Owens, even Culpepper I think. Hes contending for the MVP this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast