Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: shows how good packers are

hey i'm as biased towards the vikings as anyone, but the packers played a hell of a game.

Harris vs. Owens was a dogfight

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie

Schutz and ultravikingfan - thank you. I've been looking for classy Vikings fans on here and FINALLY I found some.

The trash talking is inevitable, but sometimes fans of any team need to use their brain rather than speaking through hate. It makes for a far more logical assessment of a game.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

jobusrum is offline Training Camp

Dallas is a good team and were playing at home. You'd expect a good team to win their home games. They were well rested, this being their 3rd straight home game, and were pretty healthy sans Glenn. Pack were missing a lot of key players on their D and were pretty banged up, not to mention they are the youngest team in the league and for the most part, this was the biggest game any of them have played in. Losing Favre for most of the game also hurt but......I mean, Rodgers played very well. I was very encouraged with what I saw out there. The D looked bad but I'll chalk that up to them not having Jolly, KGB, Woodson, and Rouse. They were banged up and Favre played terrible and put them in a early hole, and they were down big(17) at one point. They fought back, with their backup QB, in a hostile environment. They had chances late in the game and were within 3-7 for the entire 4th quarter. I'll take that

I Just hope the Pack will get another shot at them at full strength in the playoffs, but I was very happy to see Rodgers play so well after being thrusted into a pretty big game against a damn good team. He really looked poised out there and made some nice passes. It's also refreshing to see a QB who is actually MOBILE. I loved that 1st down run of his where he got leveled and spun around in mid air. I now feel a lot more comfortable about the team once Favre does call it quits

rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie

"jobusrum" wrote:
    I now feel a lot more comfortable about the team once Favre does call it quits
    So do I. I liked how Rogers looked. I hope it wasn't just some fluke thing. I hope he was really trying to show the league what he can really do, and this is a sign of things to come.

I feel kinda bad for him having to sit on the bench for 3 years, but I'm too big a Favre fan to actually say put in Rogers over Favre.

But after this performance tonight, I think Rogers will be able to make up for lost time when Favre finally hangs it up. I bet he'll have a nice following of Packer fans as well.

Great performance by him. Although we lost, it's what we needed to keep the game close. I'd say he's easily the Packers MVP for this game.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    ...Harris vs. Owens was a dogfight
    Really?
    It appeared to me that Whoopie was owned by T-Ho.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    Schutz and ultravikingfan - thank you. I've been looking for classy Vikings fans on here and FINALLY I found some.

The trash talking is inevitable, but sometimes fans of any team need to use their brain rather than speaking through hate. It makes for a far more logical assessment of a game.
    I have said this around the site before:
    I do not like the Pack, but I realize that they are playing good ball and going about it quietly.
    I read people yapping about easy schedule.
    But this is the NFL and anything can happen.
    I think you would have to have pretty big blinders if you truly believe that Pack sucks.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Really?
    Yah, that was a dogfight.
    Owens is a great WR and Whoopie is a good cover CB.
    Guess the good WR trumped the good CB.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Really?
    Yah, that was a dogfight.
    Owens is a great WR and Whoopie is a good cover CB.
    Guess the good WR trumped the good CB.

Whoopie was OWENED!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Great game. Rodgers played a hell of a lot better than Favre did in this game essentially saving the Packers ass. Favre actually looked like the Favre of 2 years ago throwing horrible long bombs with no purpose almost asking the defense to intercept it. Looked almost like he was rattled out there. Rodgers played the game of short quick passes, what should have been the packers game plan in the first quarter. We give Rodgers a lot of grief on here for sitting on the bench so much while Favre plays but I'm a little nervous about the packers in the future if he's going to play that well most of the time.

TO owned Al Harris. Sure, Harris got an INT but that was from TO being a complete idiot and bobbling the ball (you guys think that Troy has the dropsies? Watch TO). At some points TO made it look effortless against Harris. There was that one play where TO just stopped on a dime and came back toward Romo and Harris kept running for another five yards until the ball had already hit TO.

Please, people. Don't make fun of the packers for this game. We're 5-6 and they swept us. It just sounds stupid and like what the packers fans did in that 4-12 season

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "billvike" wrote:
    all i got to say is 27-10 yup the packers are good hahaha losers
    If they are bad, what are we?

Holy smokes...now they are down by 3.
    Yup, they suck.
    It's great how the guy took less than 1/2 of a game of football and classified a team to suck.
    They were 10-1.
    Base your facts on their record.
    Not how they played for less than 30 minutes of football.
    The Packers are a good football team whether we like it or not.
    I believe with their youth if they can stay healthy they will be a good team for years to come with or without Favre.
    Rodgers showed great leadership and has the skills to be a good QB in this league.
    Damn, I'm jealous.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast