Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: shows how good packers are

"pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    No doubt. I never said Farve was not great. In fact I think he is the best ever. Although I think Manning and Brady are going to be taking over when they get to the end of their careers.
    That is a strong possibilty... however Manning is starting to show signs of slippage with the decreasing talent around him.. still a great QB.. but comming back to earth so to speak.

Even with the slippage I would take him over Farve.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    No doubt. I never said Farve was not great. In fact I think he is the best ever. Although I think Manning and Brady are going to be taking over when they get to the end of their careers.
    That is a strong possibilty... however Manning is starting to show signs of slippage with the decreasing talent around him.. still a great QB.. but comming back to earth so to speak.

Is Favre a great QB?
    Absolutely.
    If he'd been wearing a better color all these years (like, oh...I dunno....purple maybe?) we'd be singing his praises all day long.

But he had the misfortune of being traded to the Packers.
    Poor guy.
    So, instead of becomming the best QB ever, he'll have to settle for "one of the best".

Personally, I'm a huge Joe Montana fan.
    He is MY pick for "Best Ever".
    Brady may nudge him out because he has done quite a lot without the strong supporting cast.
    Manning gets my vote as the most complete QB.
    Marino and Elway are there too.

And while Favre is in some pretty good company based upon that list, being so close to him (I live in Wisconsin) and having him play for a rival, I find that I focus more on him and his failings...and he's slipped off the pedestal a few times.
    So, as a means to zing the local Packtards, I use those slips in my anti-Favre tirades.

But, all rivalry stuff aside, I'm constantly impressed by him.
    Sure, he has a few off games - and I cheer my head off when he does - but he has a lot more "on" games.
    Honestly, I believe he could go a few more seasons if he wants to...and I'd bet heavily that we'll see him at least 1 more if not 2.

So, while I can - and have - admit that Favre is a great QB (Who can't pronounce his own name), As a Viking fan I reserve the right to sling every insult I can dig up at him until he is long retired and the Packers return to being the perennial cellar-dwellers we all remember.

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Is Favre a great QB?
    Absolutely.
    If he'd been wearing a better color all these years (like, oh...I dunno....purple maybe?) we'd be singing his praises all day long.

But he had the misfortune of being traded to the Packers.
    Poor guy.
    So, instead of becomming the best QB ever, he'll have to settle for "one of the best".

Personally, I'm a huge Joe Montana fan.
    He is MY pick for "Best Ever".
    Brady may nudge him out because he has done quite a lot without the strong supporting cast.
    Manning gets my vote as the most complete QB.
    Marino and Elway are there too.

And while Favre is in some pretty good company based upon that list, being so close to him (I live in Wisconsin) and having him play for a rival, I find that I focus more on him and his failings...and he's slipped off the pedestal a few times.
    So, as a means to zing the local Packtards, I use those slips in my anti-Favre tirades.

But, all rivalry stuff aside, I'm constantly impressed by him.
    Sure, he has a few off games - and I cheer my head off when he does - but he has a lot more "on" games.
    Honestly, I believe he could go a few more seasons if he wants to...and I'd bet heavily that we'll see him at least 1 more if not 2.

So, while I can - and have - admit that Favre is a great QB (Who can't pronounce his own name), As a Viking fan I reserve the right to sling every insult I can dig up at him until he is long retired and the Packers return to being the perennial cellar-dwellers we all remember.

Caine
    Great post Caine.
    My thoughts exactly.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Excellent overall post... and the above quote... We Cheddarheads expect no less... When great players come along, you have to admire them for what they are... great players!

Not that I would wear his jersey, because of the purple, but one has to be in awe of AP... It is a treat to watch him play the game.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Excellent overall post... and the above quote... We Cheddarheads expect no less... When great players come along, you have to admire them for what they are... great players!

Not that I would wear his jersey, because of the purple, but one has to be in awe of AP... It is a treat to watch him play the game.
    I'll make you a deal.
    I'll wear a Vikings jersey with the #4 and you wear a Pack jersey with #28.
    LOL

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112