Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Rodgers trying to deal with pro-Favre crowd

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

Rodgers said he's been handling the boos with no problem, but some of the personal attacks have bothered him. Probably every practice there's one or two pro-Brett Favre people who are yelling things loud enough for the players to hear them.

But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me.
    Let the mental breakdown begin! If he thinks the fans are getting on his case now, wait until after the Vikes cream the Pack in week 1, and see what the fans say then.
    ;D

PFT link about this story

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Rodgers trying to deal with pro-Favre crowd

"josdin00" wrote:
    http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx

Rodgers said he's been handling the boos with no problem, but some of the personal attacks have bothered him. Probably every practice there's one or two pro-Brett Favre people who are yelling things loud enough for the players to hear them.

But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me.
    Let the mental breakdown begin! If he thinks the fans are getting on his case now, wait until after the Vikes cream the Pack in week 1, and see what the fans say then.
    ;D

PFT link about this story
    Is he just now noticing the inbreeding, and lack of intellect, so prevalent throughout the Packers fan base?
    Just wait until he starts throwing picks and getting injured with no veteran backup. Those fans will be wearing hoods and burning cheese hats.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

People say how great Puker fans are... this is just showing there true colors.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"erik5032" wrote:
    People say how great Puker fans are... this is just showing there true colors.
    Exactly...I think it's B.S. that people are treating him that way.
    He's just a human being for God's sake!
    He hasn't even started a game yet...at least wait until it's been determined that he does indeed suck.
    Even at that point the personal attacks seem a bit childish...but then again it is Packer fans we're talking about so you can't put it past them.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Packers fans. LOL!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Little kids swearing at him?! Where are the parents?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    Little kids swearing at him?! Where are the parents?
    they probably put them up to it.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I've never understood why anyone would boo there own team. Do they think it will help? It never does. So keep it up Greenbay, your only helping the Vikings.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I've never understood why anyone would boo there own team. Do they think it will help? It never does. So keep it up Greenbay, your only helping the Vikings.
    ask about a quarter of the people here about TJ and maybe you'll get your answer.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    ask about a quarter of the people here about TJ and maybe you'll get your answer.
    I'm talking more about during the game. I don't remember Tjack ever getting booed last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast