Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Research shows Packers to be the dumbest team in the NFL.

I

Here is an article about the Vikes and the wonderlick test. It is about half way down. The Vikes were tied for 14th.

Udeze's left knee to keep him out Sunday
    Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    October 1, 2005 VIKE1001.NOTES

Kenechi Udeze won't play for the Vikings on Sunday in Atlanta, and his absence could be extended. The starting left defensive end is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Wednesday.

Udeze was injured in last Sunday's victory over New Orleans, suffering a chondral (cartilage) defect and also damage to the meniscus.

"He's still having some ongoing symptoms in there, and the symptoms are getting progressively more and more [with] fluid in the knee and things," Vikings athletic trainer Chuck Barta said. "So we'll go in there, take a look at the meniscus and take a look at that chondral fracture."

The Vikings have their bye after Sunday's game, but it's a long shot Udeze would return for the Oct. 16 game at Chicago.

Udeze has one of the Vikings' five sacks this season and also has three quarterback hurries. He will be replaced in the starting lineup Sunday by second-year player Spencer Johnson.

First-round pick Erasmus James will sub for Johnson in passing situations and also in a few other packages. Johnson also could shift to the nose or under tackle to give Kevin Williams or Pat Williams a rest. Rookie defensive tackle C.J. Mosley will be active for the first time this season.

No Moe

Veteran running back Moe Williams, who hyperextended his right knee against the Saints, did not practice Friday, making it a virtual certainty he won't play in Atlanta. Rookie running back Ciatrick Fason has been told he will be active Sunday and will be used on the kickoff return team. Fason was inactive the past two weeks.

About average

Vikings players are tied with the Baltimore Ravens for 14th among the NFL's 32 teams with an average Wonderlic Personnel Test score of 21.5, according to a story in Friday's Wall Street Journal. The Wonderlic, a 12-minute standardized test with 50 questions, is given to college football players hoping to be taken in the NFL draft.

The Journal gathered test results from websites, published reports and individuals close to the NFL and then verified "as many as we could with agents and teams and calculated the average scores for each team."

The Journal reported Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper scored an average 21; center Matt Birk, a Harvard grad, had a 46.

The St. Louis Rams players finished atop the listings with a 24.6 average, followed by the Oakland Raiders (23.3), Tennessee Titans (23.2), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (23.2) and San Diego Chargers (23).

Last? The Green Bay Packers had a 19.1 average, with nine players scoring below 14.

Etc.

• Weak-side linebacker E.J. Henderson practiced for a second consecutive day and plans to play Sunday with a brace on his sprained right ankle. Free safety Darren Sharper (left knee) did not practice and will be replaced by veteran Ken Irvin.

• Despite favorable weather conditions Friday, coach Mike Tice held practice indoors so he could have music blaring at a high level while the offense was trying to run plays in an attempt to simulate the conditions in the Georgia Dome. "Noise has never been a problem for me," Culpepper said when asked if the music helped. "It doesn't bother me one way or the other."

• Receiver Koren Robinson said the migraine headaches that forced him to miss practice Thursday are a problem he has had on only a few other occasions. Robinson said he might return punts as well as kicks Sunday.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Re: Research shows Packers to be the dumbest team in the NFL.

That's the best article I've ever read!

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Research shows Packers to be the dumbest team in the NFL

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I can't get the link to work. Can you please post the article? Thanks in advance.
    Here's the brunt of it:

"The Packers are stupid. There's no other way to put it.

They have the lowest average Wonderlic score of any of the 32 teams in the National Football League, according to the Journal."

I knew that 30 years ago!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12