GBMiah is offline Rookie

Refs hand the Vikes a TD?

Looked like the Vikes guy was pretty much out in the back of the endzone.

Thoughts?
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Absolutly not, he clearly had the ball pinned up against his body with both feet down at the SAME time. Good call, it was such a stupid challenge it took the ref less than 30 seconds to make his decision.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

I think it was close, but he was in. I haven't seen the end of the game, but I'm gonna have to say that the worst call was definitely the so called fumble by Culpepper that Tice had to challenge. Even my sister, who knows nothing about football (seriously, NOTHING), knew that it wasn't a fumble before she saw the replay.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

No kidding RJ the ball actually flew 10 feet in front of him and they still called it a fumble. Hows the ball gonna fly 10 feet in front of him if he fumbled the ball when his hand was in a backward motion. Go figure.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The catch was clean, he held the ball against his body and maintained it throughout the catch.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Refs hand the Vikes a TD?

"GBMiah" wrote:

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you're desperate to vindicate the blown fumble in Lambeau...not going to get it here. The TD was clean - the replay was pretty clear. Just like the replay of the fumble...OH WAIT!!! They never reviewed THAT!! DOH!

Caine

GBMiah is offline Rookie

"Caine" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you're desperate to vindicate the blown fumble in Lambeau...not going to get it here. The TD was clean - the replay was pretty clear. Just like the replay of the fumble...OH WAIT!!! They never reviewed THAT!! DOH!

Caine
    Sounds like your desperate to point me out as desperate to vindicate the fumble in Lambaeu...not going to get it here. I missed the play, I only caught the still photo of the guy with the ball and one foot clearly on white, and the announcers saying that it was a bad call and that it didnt look like a touchdown. I didnt see all the replays, which is why I asked for thoughts on the matter. If it was a catch then cool, hey, in the end it mattered little anyway.

And are we going to go over this dead horse of the lambeau fumble? post a link to the video again because the video I saw had the viking still trying to secure the ball when he turned his body blocking any proof that he got it first. I did however see a photo that showed Steele and the Viking with EQUAL shots at getting the ball.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"GBMiah" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:

Thoughts?

Caine
    Sounds like your desperate to point me out as desperate to vindicate the fumble in Lambaeu...not going to get it here. I missed the play, I only caught the still photo of the guy with the ball and one foot clearly on white, and the announcers saying that it was a bad call and that it didnt look like a touchdown. I didnt see all the replays, which is why I asked for thoughts on the matter. If it was a catch then cool, hey, in the end it mattered little anyway.

And are we going to go over this dead horse of the lambeau fumble? post a link to the video again because the video I saw had the viking still trying to secure the ball when he turned his body blocking any proof that he got it first. I did however see a photo that showed Steele and the Viking with EQUAL shots at getting the ball.
    *sigh*

This is covered in detail in other threads - including video links. I'm not going to go in depth here as well...

As for missing the game...you didn't miss much. Chicago showed up...Minnesota didn't.

Caine

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

All I'm gonna say about the fumble is, they did it right in the Bears game. On the fumble in the 3rd when we got the ball back, the refs saw who jumped on it and called it BEFORE they piled up. I know they may not have been able to see that on the one in GB, but I wish they would have.