Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:A Question For You Purple People

We will trade you WR Troy Williamson and DE Erasmus James for QB Aaron Rodgers. Errrrrr wait. Ugh.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    We will trade you WR Troy Williamson and DE Erasmus James for QB Aaron Rodgers. Errrrrr wait. Ugh.
    2 1st rounders. That should do it. LOL

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Rockmolder wrote:
    Thing is, is that what Rodgers' worth? A 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd? If you where the Packers and got this call, would you make the trade?
    You can't put a price on a great QB, and Rodgers is quickly proving himself in GB as a worthy successor to Favre. No... I wouldn't make that trade.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

so-cal vike wrote:
    You can't put a price on a great QB, and Rodgers is quickly proving himself in GB as a worthy successor to Favre. No... I wouldn't make that trade.
    What he said.

Us Vikings fans know how hard it is to find a quality starter that can get it done when needed.

Long story short, once you find one, you'd better keep him, unless of course he can't seem to keep from hanging things out in bars.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't think about trading him. To be honest, nearly no one else wanted to, but I didn't want to come and barge in here with a skewed question.

Would Suh, Mays, McCoy and 2 more players in the 2nd really make up for giving up Rodgers? Suh's amazing, I couldn't agree more, but he can't make the impact that a QB can all by himself. Taylor "R. Williams" Mays surely won't lead our defense to greatness.

And then McCoy. You take a huge gamble by taking a QB with a pretty weak arm in the 2nd. The best to come out of the 2nd round recently? Tarvaris Jackson, Chad Henne and Kevin Kolb.

In the other scenario, you most likely end up with Bradford as your nr. 1 pick and some other players later on. Again, great if it all works out, but the chances that Bradford will succeed are no more than 50%. And then he still has to become as good as Rodgers.

I don't care how deep this draft is, you don't just trade away your franchise QB. This doesn't count for Rodgers alone. I wouldn't take this trade as the Saints, Chargers or any other team like that. A QB is just too valuable.

If the trade looks anything like the Herschel Walker trade, I might not laugh at the team that calls me.

Anyway, if you want to see what I was talking about, here is the thread over on the Packers site.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Rockmolder wrote:
    The discussion isn't really whether the Rams should or shouldn't make this trade. As a rebuilding franchise, some extra picks would be great. You don't get the chance to trade for a franchise QB too often, though.

Thing is, is that what Rodgers' worth? A 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd? If you where the Packers and got this call, would you make the trade?
    NO! NO! NO! You have a franchise QB and a great chance at a super bowl!! We have been floundering to find a consistent QB sicne 1978 when Fran Tarkenton retired!! 1978 for those who think just trade him away and get another franchise QB There are no givens and especially all these QBs in this draft have one major flaw or another. AhHHH............on second thought trade him, trade him now!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I'd like to think we had a decent QB in the Culpepper/Moss Era. I mean he did put up pretty damn good numbers from 2000-04. He had a nice run. Probably the best run we've ever had at QB in the history of this franchise.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The only way the Packers make a trade like this is if there is some sort of problem with Rodgers with the team. And if there was some sort of issue, contract, not liking the team, etc, he would not be worth 3 picks in the draft.

In short, it would never happen.
    We're bringing purple back.

prplchk is offline Waterboy

:woohoo: GO FOR IT RITE NOW!!!!
    prplme

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

If you look at how much difference a stud QB makes in this league and how hard they are to replace (of the last 23 QBs drafted in first 3 rounds I only think 3 of them come close to Rodgers). Using direct replacement theory 3 early picks x 3/23 = 9/23 you have about a 40% chance of replacing him with those 3 picks.

Unless you have a Stud QB in the wings it would not be a good deal.
    None

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast