Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MindFreak is offline Starter

Psychotic, Pathetic, or Devoted? You make the call

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/01/13/divisional/1.html
    I didn't call in sick or cry when Torii left the Twins, or Puckett retired, grow a pair buddy and just accept the fact that one day he'll retire just like everybody else does
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Psychotic, Pathetic, or Devoted? You make the call

You don't understand," Ruprecht said. "I have lived through Randy Wright, David Whitehurst ... people used to leave free tickets under your wiper blades with a note saying 'please take these.' This guy Favre has brought us so much joy. He is the greatest Packer ever. To us, he's Michael Jordan. I am totally serious."
    Aaron Rogers is screwed. lol. No matter what he does, he isn't going to live up to expectations...

I foresee people leaving tickets under wiper blades again in Green Bay's future...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

There are many Packer fans that don't even recall the pre-Favre era.
    Their message boards will definitely have a 'Favre crotch-sniffing' thread because it will take a long time for people to give it up.
    Personally, I hope he plays for another team during the last year(s) of his career so the cheese fondlers can suffer during the end of his career and after his career.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Ahhh I figured that article would make it here soon enough.. I will give you my take on it.

For me personally, I enjoy watching Favre play, always have and always will. Like most truly great players, he not only has talent but he has an understanding and passion for the game. Whether you admit it publicly or not, most people respect the player that Favre is. Just as I respect players like Fran, Foreman, Lott, Payton, Sanders, Brown, Dorsett, Montana, etc. Even if I don't like the franchise they play for, I respect them as the players they were. Great. These players can't help it if the media licks there boots with every step, it is what the bottom feeding media for the most part does.

With that said, I am soaking up the tail end of his career with one eye looking forward to the future after Favre. Now I am not trying to hurry that day along, I am just looking forward to seeing which player next comes along to carry the franchise. Do I think we will fall back some, yes, but the dynamics of whom steps up next is what a team game like football is all about. Albeit it will be different watching the Packers play without #4 taking the field with them, the team will play on after that day has past.

As for PackerNation, we will see a decrease in numbers because some of them have never seen a game without #4 playing. Some of the diehard Packer fans will complain weekly of the quarterback play for years, always comparing the next to #4, just as some of the elder fans compare Favre to Starr.

There will be threads and discussions in every coffee shop or internet board for a few years or decades mourning the loss of the almighty Favre. But that is how all fans of each franchise are, like most people in society, people resist change and some choose not to except that you have to change. Look on this board, there are still people mourning the loss of Moss, how many years has he been gone already?

The franchise itself, will struggle for some time to replace the draw of Favre, however as it had in the past and will continue into the future, they will always be a community owned franchise that will not lack for support. And hopefully with some of the loss of the Favre-firsters, tickets will become more available and families will be able to afford to take more kids more often. Even if we suffer in performance on the field in the transistion the Packers will always be the Packers. Just like any other franchise, even the Vikings.

"pack93z" wrote:
    Ahhh I figured that article would make it here soon enough.. I will give you my take on it.

For me personally, I enjoy watching Favre play, always have and always will. Like most truly great players, he not only has talent but he has an understanding and passion for the game. Whether you admit it publicly or not, most people respect the player that Favre is. Just as I respect players like Fran, Foreman, Lott, Payton, Sanders, Brown, Dorsett, Montana, etc. Even if I don't like the franchise they play for, I respect them as the players they were. Great. These players can't help it if the media licks there boots with every step, it is what the bottom feeding media for the most part does.

With that said, I am soaking up the tail end of his career with one eye looking forward to the future after Favre. Now I am not trying to hurry that day along, I am just looking forward to seeing which player next comes along to carry the franchise. Do I think we will fall back some, yes, but the dynamics of whom steps up next is what a team game like football is all about. Albeit it will be different watching the Packers play without #4 taking the field with them, the team will play on after that day has past.

As for PackerNation, we will see a decrease in numbers because some of them have never seen a game without #4 playing. Some of the diehard Packer fans will complain weekly of the quarterback play for years, always comparing the next to #4, just as some of the elder fans compare Favre to Starr.

There will be threads and discussions in every coffee shop or internet board for a few years or decades mourning the loss of the almighty Favre. But that is how all fans of each franchise are, like most people in society, people resist change and some choose not to except that you have to change. Look on this board, there are still people mourning the loss of Moss, how many years has he been gone already?

The franchise itself, will struggle for some time to replace the draw of Favre, however as it had in the past and will continue into the future, they will always be a community owned franchise that will not lack for support. And hopefully with some of the loss of the Favre-firsters, tickets will become more available and families will be able to afford to take more kids more often. Even if we suffer in performance on the field in the transistion the Packers will always be the Packers. Just like any other franchise, even the Vikings.

I give you 3 choices and you give a long speech, not even answering from the choices given
    ;D
    Even as a die hard Viking fan, and someone who hates the Packers, i did have the upmost respect for how Favre played the game, that did diminish some when he laid down for Strahan to hand him the sack record, which to me ruined the integrity of the game. Still though he's a great player and that can't be denied. I do feel bad for Rodgers or whoever takes over, cause like you said every day they will be compaired to Favre, and whether they are doing good enough to win, lose, or draw it'll never be good enough, unless your next QB is Tom Brady

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"MindFreak" wrote:
    I give you 3 choices and you give a long speech, not even answering from the choices given
    ;D
    Because there are fans that fit all three choices... and some fans have all three embedded in that single fan.
    ;D

"MindFreak" wrote:
    Even as a die hard Viking fan, and someone who hates the Packers, i did have the upmost respect for how Favre played the game, that did diminish some when he laid down for Strahan to hand him the sack record, which to me ruined the integrity of the game. Still though he's a great player and that can't be denied. I do feel bad for Rodgers or whoever takes over, cause like you said every day they will be compaired to Favre, and whether they are doing good enough to win, lose, or draw it'll never be good enough, unless your next QB is Tom Brady
    If there was one moment in his career where I was ashamed of Favre, it was that very moment.

The Painkillers and alcohol, hell common people everywhere struggle with the same disease, with the demands of his wife and family he faced that challenge and beat it. Ask another Alcoholic if it is an easy task, from personal experience, I can say it isn't even to this day.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    ;D
    Because there are fans that fit all three choices... and some fans have all three embedded in that single fan.
    ;D

"MindFreak" wrote:
    If there was one moment in his career where I was ashamed of Favre, it was that very moment.

The Painkillers and alcohol, hell common people everywhere struggle with the same disease, with the demands of his wife and family he faced that challenge and beat it. Ask another Alcoholic if it is an easy task, from personal experience, I can say it isn't even to this day.
    That all depends on the person, personally back about 4 years ago the woman i loved and still do to this day left me to go back home to Boston, long story, but no need to bore you. Anyway i was drinking 1/2 bottle to a whole bottle of .750ML Jack every day for a year straight. Went to the bars every other night, it was bad. Finally i just realized that i'll be dead if i kept that up, and was able to kick it no problem. Now if i could just kick the cigs i'll be in good shape.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MindFreak" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D

"MindFreak" wrote:

That all depends on the person, personally back about 4 years ago the woman i loved and still do to this day left me to go back home to Boston, long story, but no need to bore you. Anyway i was drinking 1/2 bottle to a whole bottle of .750ML Jack every day for a year straight. Went to the bars every other night, it was bad. Finally i just realized that i'll be dead if i kept that up, and was able to kick it no problem. Now if i could just kick the cigs i'll be in good shape.
    Good on ya my friend.

I quite drinking for 3 years.
    Suffice it to say, Jack made me 6'8" and 400 lbs and tough enough to kick anybodies ass.

Now I just stick with beer and everyone is happy.

I also gave up smoking in 2001.
    Smoked one every now and then when drunk but now I haven't had one in 3 years.

You gotta want to change or it won't work.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D

"MindFreak" wrote:

Good on ya my friend.

I quite drinking for 3 years.
    Suffice it to say, Jack made me 6'8" and 400 lbs and tough enough to kick anybodies ass.

Now I just stick with beer and everyone is happy.

I also gave up smoking in 2001.
    Smoked one every now and then when drunk but now I haven't had one in 3 years.

You gotta want to change or it won't work.
    Very true, i'm 29 now, started smoking when i was 16. Trust me i do want to give it up, tried the gum (gave me bad heartburn and constant throwing up) same with the lozenge (sp). I want to quit, especially for my kids, which i don't smoke around, and will freeze my ass outside so they don't get exposed to the second hand smoke, but it's just too powerful of an addiction at the moment

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    There are many Packer fans that don't even recall the pre-Favre era.
    Their message boards will definitely have a 'Favre crotch-sniffing' thread because it will take a long time for people to give it up.
    Personally, I hope he plays for another team during the last year(s) of his career so the cheese fondlers can suffer during the end of his career and after his career.
    Sure glad we don't have crap like that around here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast