Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Pass the bucket ....

"Eyesore" wrote:
    I dont blame you guys for not liking Favre, but he is one of the most respected players to ever don an N.F.L. jersey. He has nothing whatsoever left to prove to anyone, anywhere. Ya, he may also be a media "darling", but he's earned that through his actions & his play.

I hated Aikman for years when he was beatin' the Pack, but I sorta like him now. So I see way you all hate Favre.

When you all say Dawn-tay is "better", are we judging on the last 14 weeks, or the last 14 years?
    I am trying to get the last 14 years comparison between the two, but Daunte's midget football team won't release the records so that I can add them to his junior high, high school and college records...so I guess that we will just have to compare Daunte's first 6 years in the NFL to Fav-ray's. They actually look fairly even (D has better comp rate, but F has more TDs). So when we say that Daunte is "better" we must be talking about NOW as well as what will come in the future. The fact is that Favre has done well but he soon will begin his inevitable decline because of age while Daunte is just hitting his stride and will only get better...given the same longevity with more of his potential realized, Daunte could conceivably pass Favre in many passing catagories...so time will tell.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Pass the bucket ....

The 200th start of Favre's is great, and should be commended. But last year I saw 1.5 billion close ups of his thumb, let alone the endless drivel about it. Like no one in the NFL ever played with an injury, except Farve? Why the close-ups and endless, I mean ENDLESS commentary on his thumb? Media darling, would be a tame description, but, I can't think of a a more appropriate title. I love watching Favre play, but Anglo has this one nailed...St. Favre. He walks on water with something he says doesn't bother him. Others limp in, with something REALLY wrong, and no mention, by them or the media. I will give him this much, at least it wasn't turf toe.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Pass the bucket ....

I will say it again - I respect the hell out of Brett Favre, and I know that every tie he steps on the field, he can make things happen. Obviously, I am not alone in that as he is a shoe-in for the Hall in his first year of eligibility.

That said, I am sick and tired to death of hearing how "Wonderful" he is. Steve McNair played more injured than Favre...nary a whisper. Other QB's have played injured...no media swarms there either. Other players - like Birk - have played with more severe injuries, and Madden isn't climbing up their butts for a lick.

Now, I don't blame Favre for this. He doesn't seek it out, and he's not a big self-promoter (Like Terrell Owens...I can't stand him at all). Favre simply plays, and plays well...mostly. I blame the media...and Madden.

Of course, I'm sure that fans of other teams are tired of hearing about Moss and Culpepper. The media won't shut up about them either. So, please understand - Packer fans - that I am not ripping on you or mocking your team in this.

The fact is, the media people...the one's who are supposed to "know more" than we do, don't seem to have a friggin' clue. Favre is out there, but so are 10 other guys. Culpepper and Moss are out there, but so are the other 9. Without them, where would the "Stars" be?

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Pass the bucket ....

"Kyle" wrote:
    I think what he trying to say is if Brett Favre was on...oh lets say the Arizona Cardinals instead of the Green Bay Packers, you would all be saying it was a great accomplishment. Or atleast I think that is what he`s saying.
    I agree. I would have no problem with Favre if he played in AZ or had he stayed in ATL. But, he didn't so I hate him with a passion!! That's rivalris for you though! He is a damn good QB, man I can't wait til he retires!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Pass the bucket ....

Guys, don't worry, Manning is going to break the consecutive starts streak by a QB and he will smash all of the QB records, then we won't even have to think about Favre!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Pass the bucket ....

Yeah right... As long as Madden still does monday night football... he will be busy suckin on his... well you know how to fill that in...

Pass the bucket ....

No I don't, what do you mean!?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Pass the bucket ....

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    The 200th start of Favre's is great, and should be commended. But last year I saw 1.5 billion close ups of his thumb, let alone the endless drivel about it. Like no one in the NFL ever played with an injury, except Farve? Why the close-ups and endless, I mean ENDLESS commentary on his thumb? Media darling, would be a tame description, but, I can't think of a a more appropriate title. I love watching Favre play, but Anglo has this one nailed...St. Favre. He walks on water with something he says doesn't bother him. Others limp in, with something REALLY wrong, and no mention, by them or the media. I will give him this much, at least it wasn't turf toe.
    Thank God that the injury was to his thumb, instead of his tailbone...then we would have been subjected to 1.5 billion close ups of his ASS... :bootyshake: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Pass the bucket ....

Very funny cajun!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Pass the bucket ....

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    No I don't, what do you mean!?
    Heh... :twisted: ummmm... you know what I meant and I refuse to say it... Webby will get mad and take away my mod status!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast