Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Packers sent high-level personnel to meet with Vick

[size=11pt]High level Packer visited Vick[/size]

It's possible, even likely, that a handful of NFL teams have extensively researched the possibility of adding Michael Vick.

The Packers, though, are the only ones we know about for sure.
    And their interest appears more than cursory.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports said in a recent interview that the Packers sent a "high-level" personnel man to meet with Vick.
    (Robinson confirmed the news to PFT.)

An interview would appear to be taking a step beyond due diligence, but Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel credits sources that say a signing isn't imminent.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/08/packers-interest-in-vick-in-holding-pattern/
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers sent high-level personnel to meet with Vick

Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn must really suck.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I didn't think I could
    hate the Packers more, but if they sign Vick, they will have set a paranormal level of hate.
    I may even cough up the $$$ to see the Pack vs Cards game, just to picket and jeer.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn must really suck.
    no worse than the Vikes starting QB ;D

in all seriousness, this is much ado about nothing IMO. Thompson and Murphy have come out and basically said there isn't much to this. I think its just the media trying to milk this story for all its worth and with each talking head the story keeps growing legs

I don't know, there might be some real interest here. We have money to spend and, for a man who's very happy with the team he has, this would be the opportunity to sign a FA who would complement the team, but not impact any starters.

Just think about Vick getting in at 3rd and 3 with a 5 receiver set. Obviously, he's not as good a passer as Rodgers is, but with our O-line, we could use someone that can move around and with our receivers, you can't really take someone out of coverage to put in as a spy. You try to stop a slant by Driver, a streak by Jennings, 3 other receivers and Vick's ability to go for the draw or just scramble for a 1st down.

Apart from that... yes, our back-ups have pretty much sucked so far. They've been showing some sign of improvement, but non of them have been doing anything special. I guess that we could use him as a back-up, assuming that we won't have him on the roster as something else than a QB.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Formo is offline Team Alumni

It would be weird to see Vick in a Pack jersey.

I don't harbor any hate for the guy, really.
    So, seeing him with the Pack, I'm not too jacked about.

I still want to see what his ability is after a few years off..
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    I don't know, there might be some real interest here. We have money to spend and, for a man who's very happy with the team he has, this would be the opportunity to sign a FA who would complement the team, but not impact any starters.

Just think about Vick getting in at 3rd and 3 with a 5 receiver set. Obviously, he's not as good a passer as Rodgers is, but with our O-line, we could use someone that can move around and with our receivers, you can't really take someone out of coverage to put in as a spy. You try to stop a slant by Driver, a streak by Jennings, 3 other receivers and Vick's ability to go for the draw or just scramble for a 1st down.

Apart from that... yes, our back-ups have pretty much sucked so far. They've been showing some sign of improvement, but non of them have been doing anything special. I guess that we could use him as a back-up, assuming that we won't have him on the roster as something else than a QB.
    Next time you see a dog, picture in your mind what it would take for you to tape its mouth shut and hold it under water while it struggles hopelessly to breathe.

Or for you grab the dog by its back legs, swing it in the air, and slam it to the ground to crush its skull.
    Or while you look into a dogs trusting eye, your tying rope around its neck; so you can hoist it up to watch it writhe in pain and suffering as it is slowly strangles.

I won't even describe electrocution, tying the females to rape bars, staking out smaller dogs so the fighters can get the taste of blood, or just watching two dogs bite and claw each other till one is too hurt or dead.

Did you enjoy thinking about it?
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Next time you see a dog, picture in your mind what it would take for you to tape its mouth shut and hold it under water while it struggles hopelessly to breathe.

Or for you grab the dog by its back legs, swing it in the air, and slam it to the ground to crush its skull.
    Or while you look into a dogs trusting eye, your tying rope around its neck; so you can hoist it up to watch it writhe in pain and suffering as it is slowly strangles.

I won't even describe electrocution, tying the females to rape bars, staking out smaller dogs so the fighters can get the taste of blood, or just watching two dogs bite and claw each other till one is too hurt or dead.

Did you enjoy thinking about it?
    Nice. I approve of this post. That said...

I can't imagine anything I would love more than to have Ron Mexico in a Packers uniform. The thought of him going up against the Vikings rushing defense makes me giddy. I have visions of Pat Williams turning RonRon's legs and midsection into jelly and get a tingle in my pants.

Vick makes me sick
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

dfosterf is offline Coach

"Formo" wrote:
    It would be weird to see Vick in a Pack jersey.

I don't harbor any hate for the guy, really.
    So, seeing him with the Pack, I'm not too jacked about.

I still want to see what his ability is after a few years off..
    I like that sig, Formo.
    I was going to compliment you over at PackersHome, but I know sometimes your fellow Purple folk help out with such a thing, so whoever made it---Pretty sharp, imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast